AC XIII Staff Tournament - Who's Your Dream Team?

2 hours ago, Nielo said:

The artwork for her is not very flattering. ? I always wondered if the staff looked anything like the artwork.

(Am I the only one who doesn't hate Scrappy? I know she was a bit annoying in the editorial, but she's... just doing her job. Pretty sure she's just the messenger. Did she do something else that I'm not aware of?)

My sole issue with her is the way she talks to us like we're children. She looks early 30s to me, a lot of us are the same age group or older, I suspect not many at all out of all the active players are actually children. But the overwhelmingly positively response to hardtotame seems to have had a salutary effect on the editorial so I have hope for Scrappy yet.

Interesting comment from you about the artwork, as I found something else online that implies that Scrappy isn't her first account and she was Hip-hop Queen before. The artwork for that account does look like her.

//Taylor Lord – Community Manager at Jumpstart (AKA – Hip-Hop Queen, AKA – Neopian Times Editorial Writer, AKA – Neopets Facebook & Twitter manager?)

hip-hop-queen.png

Somewhat intriguing, don't you think?

45 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

My sole issue with her is the way she talks to us like we're children. She looks early 30s to me, a lot of us are the same age group or older, I suspect not many at all out of all the active players are actually children. But the overwhelmingly positively response to hardtotame seems to have had a salutary effect on the editorial so I have hope for Scrappy yet.

Interesting comment from you about the artwork, as I found something else online that implies that Scrappy isn't her first account and she was Hip-hip Queen before. The artwork for that account does look like her.

//Taylor Lord – Community Manager at Jumpstart (AKA – Hip-Hop Queen, AKA – Neopian Times Editorial Writer, AKA – Neopets Facebook & Twitter manager?)

hip-hop-queen.png

Somewhat intriguing, don't you think?

Yeah, that annoys me too, but it's not nearly enough for me to dislike her. I'm guessing there's a consensus on how the editorial should be handled, and this is what was agreed on. (Even if it was solely her idea, I still don't dislike her just because she annoys me a little.)

Huh, that's weird. I wonder why they felt the need to change her alias/picture (which used to look way more like her!) when she came back to JumpStart. It's not like people had something against Hip-Hop Queen, did they? Not that I recall, anyway. Wouldn't it have been nice (for everyone involved) to have them welcome back a former staff member by letting us know she'd returned?

16 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Huh, that's weird. I wonder why they felt the need to change her alias/picture (which used to look way more like her!) when she came back to JumpStart. It's not like people had something against Hip-Hop Queen, did they? Not that I recall, anyway. Wouldn't it have been nice (for everyone involved) to have them welcome back a former staff member by letting us know she'd returned?

It is weird isn't it? But who knows what the thought processes behind it were, or even if it's true. The artwork strongly suggests it is, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've heard nothing bad about Hip-Hop Queen, not that I've gone looking. But echoes would remain if she'd left a bad taste in people's mouths I'd have thought. I too would have thought people would have welcomed her back, but maybe she wanted a fresh start.

Your thoughts about Scrappy are making me realise that I'm not anywhere near as tolerant as I like to think I am. :blush02:

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

It is weird isn't it? But who knows what the thought processes behind it were, or even if it's true. The artwork strongly suggests it is, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've heard nothing bad about Hip-Hop Queen, not that I've gone looking. But echoes would remain if she'd left a bad taste in people's mouths I'd have thought. I too would have thought people would have welcomed her back, but maybe she wanted a fresh start.

Your thoughts about Scrappy are making me realise that I'm not anywhere near as tolerant as I like to think I am. :blush02:

Definitely weird. Now I'm always going to be curious about this. XD

Lol, don't worry, we all have people that just get on our nerves too much, sometimes without even knowing why. You might be super tolerant of people I can't stand; who knows? :smile:

26 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Lol, don't worry, we all have people that just get on our nerves too much, sometimes without even knowing why. You might be super tolerant of people I can't stand; who knows? :smile:

Nah, you've just opened my eyes to the fact that I was being a bit of a hag about Scrappy and I thank you for that. ?

RESULTS ARE IN! Head over to http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/staff/ to get your final Round 4 Prize points/np/ Star Player Bobblehead (if you were so lucky)

Good Luck & let's hope the Staff Prize Shop aren't disappointing. Good thoughts, hopes, and if they're weird...we'll just make interesting posts about them! *lol*

JADE WAS THE STAR PLAYER ? ? ?

?

So reading the blurb, loads of people picked her; but she failed to perform didn't she, lol. They must have been really scratching around for the WHY for Round 4's star player.

TNT - I KNOW ! Let's just award the person picked the most, doesn't matter if they were actually really rubbish !  ?

Welp, here's my final results: 

image.png.66b4c72fb62d87cc4a3ffb9bed88c5d7.png

I'm really disappointed that Senor Malo wasn't picked. That, AND I missed out on Binary_supagoo's bobblehead, the only staff member on Team Darigan /: I hope the prize shop is worthwhile.

11 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I'm really disappointed that Senor Malo wasn't picked. That, AND I missed out on Binary_supagoo's bobblehead, the only staff member on Team Darigan /: I hope the prize shop is worthwhile.

Apparently bobbleheads of all staff members will be in the prize shop (not sure which prize shop though); hardtotame stopped by the boards again. :smile:

19 minutes ago, Angeló said:

it says 

You haven't created your dream team !

what does it mean ?

Where does it say that, Angelo? I can't see that anywhere, but that doesn't exactly mean much. :ph34r:

i just went to the page again

and i got my score for week 4

it must've been late or smthg

i thought i forgot to select my team altho im positive i did 

anyway my final score is 30929

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

JADE WAS THE STAR PLAYER ? ? ?

?

So reading the blurb, loads of people picked her; but she failed to perform didn't she, lol. They must have been really scratching around for the WHY for Round 4's star player.

TNT - I KNOW ! Let's just award the person picked the most, doesn't matter if they were actually really rubbish !  ?

I think they just picked a name out of a hat. It's the only thing that makes sense. And, interesting, since her team is Faerieland.

Total points for Round 4 is 8922. I didn't pick the Star Player, this round, or any round, for that matter, but if the Staff Tournament prize shop has bobble-heads in it, I'll have 33665 points to spend. Hope all had fun "guessing" with AC XIII's Staff Tournament, and thank you, for posting your results for each round! See you next year!

7 hours ago, kayahtik said:

I'm really disappointed that Senor Malo wasn't picked.

I think I misunderstood, I thought you were supposed to pick from the players you picked, so why would anyone pick her when she had low stats in the beginning? 

I kept picking Senor Malo every Round hoping he'd get it at least once. My sister got the Binary_Supagoo Bobblehead and sent it as a gift for me to sell in appreciation of our sibling late night playing from 12 pm (CMT) to 2 am (CMT) YYB, SLSL, MSN, & SOSD to rank up sessions. We laughed so hard at our lack of skill. :laughingsmiley: Good times!

My overall total: 31634  :eh: Oh well, next year? 

9 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Welp, here's my final results: 

image.png.66b4c72fb62d87cc4a3ffb9bed88c5d7.png

Same! Missed out on Binary's bobblehead and Senor Malo wasn't picked. I mean Malo and Binary were both in the top scoring team in every round, along with KikoCat weren't they? So Malo is the only one out of those three that didn't get a bobllehead. Not fair towards him! He worked so hard!

These were my results:

image.png

Funny, I picked Jade for the 3rd round and made her my pick for Star Player since they said at the end of round 2:

"With two rounds done, a lot of the underdogs are warming up for a big clash next week. Will one of them end up walking away as the winner?"

The way Jade's head and necked looked I thought out of all the newbies she'd be a bobble head :biggrin: but then round 3 came and Binary Supagoo was picked, no newbies. I didn't want to choose her again with her score being so low. Was their choice for star player really chosen at random? ❔?

finalscores.jpg

Did pretty ok really

image.thumb.png.cb28a9215764213fb35e8d58b6bc5c70.png

Judging from previous years I'll have enough points for a book, and a stamp maybe, and some not especially attractive equipable items - one that may well equip a prize from the year before at the same time - then will have a load of points left over to waste on junk that might end up being useful for Charity Corner. :ph34r:

9 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I think I misunderstood, I thought you were supposed to pick from the players you picked, so why would anyone pick her when she had low stats in the beginning? 

That's the big question, isn't it. Doesn't make any sense why TNT would choose her as star player when (I'm assuming) hardly anyone put her on their team, because her scores were so bad. 

Some picked players that are on their own team, so they would pick Jade no matter the scores just because she is from faerieland as are they.

Maybe, when they say "most picked newcomer" they mean throughout the entire tourney, a fair amount of people will have picked her, for Round 1, I don't suppose they did after that. ?

@Scoobert_Doo didn't you pick her for Round 1?

It makes sense that Jade will have been the most chosen out of all the newbies because she's the ONLY one anyone knows. But as to how many picked her . . . yeah :ph34r:

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Did pretty ok really

image.thumb.png.cb28a9215764213fb35e8d58b6bc5c70.png

Judging from previous years I'll have enough points for a book, and a stamp maybe, and some not especially attractive equipable items - one that may well equip a prize from the year before at the same time - then will have a load of points left over to waste on junk that might end up being useful for Charity Corner. :ph34r:

Does the staff tournament prize shop have a stamp? I don't recall every seeing one; most of the prizes in that prize shop tend to be rather... meh. I had 30k points last year and was able to get everything from the prize shop, so unless they changed the prize points needed (since they changed the number of rounds), I think you should be able to get pretty much everything.

It makes sense that Jade will have been the most chosen out of all the newbies because she's the ONLY one anyone knows. But as to how many picked her . . . yeah :ph34r:

Yeah, that's what I think happened. "Most picked out of all the newbies" doesn't have to mean that she was picked a lot. Plus, how many newbies were there, really? 3? 4? I think they just needed to come up with several reasons for different staff members to become star player, so they ended up with something kinda vague, like this.

1 hour ago, Nielo said:

Does the staff tournament prize shop have a stamp? I don't recall every seeing one; most of the prizes in that prize shop tend to be rather... meh. I had 30k points last year and was able to get everything from the prize shop, so unless they changed the prize points needed (since they changed the number of rounds), I think you should be able to get pretty much everything.

Right now I can't remember at all, I'm probably confusing the staff tourney prize shop with the main prize shop, aren't I.:ph34r:

AH, last year I got the shiny weapon,wea_acy19_tyrsceptre.gif and the office racks that also equip the year before's desk . . . that I do remember, and the silly segway thing, which was very stupid of me, why didn't I get 2 sceptres . . . ?

21 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Right now I can't remember at all, I'm probably confusing the staff tourney prize shop with the main prize shop, aren't I.:ph34r:

AH, last year I got the shiny weapon,wea_acy19_tyrsceptre.gif and the office racks that also equip the year before's desk . . . that I do remember, and the silly segway thing, which was very stupid of me, why didn't I get 2 sceptres . . . ?

Maybe? I think the prizes in the staff tournament prize shop tend to be less... spectacular. XD

Yeah, I got that one too. I ended up not getting the segway though, since it just stands near your pet, instead of having your pet stand on it. I did have plenty of time to consider what I'd get though, as I only remembered I hadn't spent my points yet when someone on here posted about it right before this year's AC. ?

20 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Maybe? I think the prizes in the staff tournament prize shop tend to be less... spectacular. XD

Yeah, I got that one too. I ended up not getting the segway though, since it just stands near your pet, instead of having your pet stand on it. I did have plenty of time to consider what I'd get though, as I only remembered I hadn't spent my points yet when someone on here posted about it right before this year's AC. ?

I spent my remaining points at that point too, lol. just on a load of SDB-filling lunches, which will either be good for Charity Corner, or end up burying the Money Tree. :ph34r:

This year though I'll hopefully be more sensible with my prize shop purchases. Much better to buy multiples to sell rather than equipable stuff that I'm unlikely to ever use.

I spent my remaining points at that point too, lol. just on a load of SDB-filling lunches, which will either be good for Charity Corner, or end up burying the Money Tree. :ph34r:

This year though I'll hopefully be more sensible with my prize shop purchases. Much better to buy multiples to sell rather than equipable stuff that I'm unlikely to ever use.

Lol! I ended up having to get quite a few lunches too, since I had less than 50 points left (but not much less), and I wanted to spend them all.

Good idea. I'm going to wait a bit before buying again though (although hopefully not as long as this year ?), to see how useful everything is/how much it's worth.