My Pet is Depressed

cassandrastorm

Help! There was a random event that left my pet depressed. I have tried several things to help my pet but so far nothing has worked for the past 3 days. I have tried the Healing Springs (multiple times) different potions, feeding her different treats, playing, books and a stay in the Neolodge. So far I haven't found an answer at the Hospital or in Forums. Can anyone help with solutions or suggestions? Thanks!

The Discarded Magical Blue Grundo Plushie of Prosperity can increase your pet's happiness, but it may take awhile.

I hear the Merry-Go-Round on Roo Island, http://www.neopets.com/worlds/roo/merrygoround.phtml, can help, and, possibly, a Tiki Tour, on Mystery Island, http://www.neopets.com/island/tikitours.phtml, may help, too. Might want to try those a couple of times. They don't cost very much NP. Of course, playing with your pet/giving your pet a toy to play with, does help, but the Merry-Go-Round seems to boost your pet's mood faster, or more that giving it a toy to play with. If you do give it a toy, keep letting your pet play with it several times, by doing that over and over. Hopefully, your pet will cheer up soon.

That happened to me once. I tried all sort of toys and grooming, and nothing worked. The one that worked for me was the Merry-Go-Round on Roo Island. After 2-3 rides, I realized that my pet's mood level increased by 1(don't know how to say this). Since it was cheap and also require only 1 click (unlikes toys that need several clicks for playing once), I thought it was a pretty good way to solve the problem. Hope this helped.

I've had that SHH several times, I hate it. >_< Playing with any toy your pet likes WILL work though, it just takes time.

You have to patiently work your way back up through the mood levels, and it takes about 6 toy plays to advance through each one.

So to go through Depressed > Very Unhappy > Miserable > Unhappy > Content will take you about 30 times playing with a toy (you can use the same one unless they get bored with it). So it's totally tedious, but in reality it only takes a few minutes. :yes: I normal stop once they're content, because they soon rise to the higher happiness levels once you're doing your normal activities around the site.

The Merry Go Round will increase the pet's mood more quickly, however it costs 50 np per ride. Not that expensive, but you can get a toy for 1 np, or even for free from one of the dailies, or a random event. It really depends on whether you want to spend more time or more money to make your pet happy. By the way, I used to think the message that says "...all the other pets have more toys than me." meant I could no longer increase my pets mood with the toy I was using, but that is not the case. It is just a random message. If you keep playing, the pet will say other things and its mood will continue to increase (till it becomes delighted, of course).

One thing I don't think most people realize is that if you have a toy and are playing with your pet, you can hit f5 in the small pop-up window to re-submit and play with it again very quickly. (It also works with multiple-use food, like omelettes). 

Thanks, Everyone for the great suggestions! I will try ALL of them!

Great News! My formerly depressed pet is now happy. Itried a combination of your ideas and it worked. Thanks again!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.