So...Are You Dressing up for Halloween? :D

Shelley

I don't dress up anymore for Halloween. My 13 year old son his dressing as Harry Caray...a Will Ferrell character from SNL.

I know Harry Caray was a real person, but when Will Ferrell did that skit with Jeff Goldbloom, it made me laugh so hard. My son is very retro...last year he was Matt Folley, motivational speaker...a Chris Farley SNL character.

I don't dress up anymore for Halloween. My 13 year old son his dressing as Harry Caray...a Will Ferrell character from SNL.

I know Harry Caray was a real person, but when Will Ferrell did that skit with Jeff Goldbloom, it made me laugh so hard. My son is very retro...last year he was Matt Folley, motivational speaker...a Chris Farley SNL character.

hahah this just made me laugh out loud! That is amazing. I'm such a fan of SNL

Your son must be a hit at school halloween parades xD

This year, I'm doing something a little different. Normally, I go as a vampyre. This year, I'm going to be a dark faerie. The dress is black instead of purple, but I bought purple gloves and purple cream makeup. I've got a black wig and wings as well. Do you think this will be a passable dark faerie?

Bad news, guys. I had an allergic reaction to the makeup I was going to use. I used my regular makeup instead. I just need to pull the picture off my fiance's camera now. That will have to sit until tomorrow. I'm too exhausted from the hockey game I went to. The Panthers won btw.

Finally got around to pulling this off my phone.

v78f7t.jpg

Finally got to wear this thing with it fully complete. Knitting the bodice was a pain but totally worth it.

Ruto, maybe look for a Maleficent costume for next year? Her horns would work. ;) Or, I'm NOT sure if this would work, but maybe taking 2 paper towel tubes, crushing the top to look like twisted horns, and then painting them black and maybe some lighter color such as gray, for the spirals, give it a little extra POP to them. Again, not sure if this would work. Just came up with the idea this second. lol Or there's always eBay. lol

So I ended up dusting off an old cowboy hat and digging out a bandana I had. Haven't worn either in ages! This pic is from 2009, I forgot my camera when I was out Friday night. lol Although, the place I went to sketch was mostly devoid of costumed peoples. Including myself, there was probably 3, or maybe 4 people in-costume there.

DSC01396.jpg

Also, I uploaded a short vid I made for Halloween. 60 frames, about 9 seconds. Info is in the details. lol Basically, the sketch is from Halloween-time back 2008. So, Sketchbook 5. I colored it, added in the fireflies and the audio tracks. Found a nice echo/reverb function to ghostify the "Happy Halloween" audio track. XD

My FAVORITE costume, was one I quite literally threw together back around the last time I went trick-or-treating. I don't have a photo of it, but I did do a pic once... Then I edited in a jack-o-lantern for fun. lol Basically, a wizard. Dress slacks and shoes (black of course), a multi-colored hoodie, A dracula cape with the color turned down, at one time a glow in the dark sword. But before the sword, there was the lightning staff. I have NOT been able to find another one in YEARS. I have 2, actually, looking like in this pic. But both broke and need fixing. Gotta get the speaker back in place and reconnected to the wires, and I think one needed a new bulb... Not sure, it's been awhile since I put them in storage. There was a button on the top-piece, and when you'd press it, the sphere would flash and the thunder would boom! The year I wore it out, I was an imposing figure. Kids shrank back, and parents herded their children out of my path.... Until......

WizardCostumeAndJackOLantern_zpscf7440da

.... Until I'd start the "magic". That staff brought kids and parents to me with oooooo's and Ahhhhhh's. No longer afraid, for curiosity got the better of them. LOL So that was pretty fun. ;) The staff was about 5 feet tall, made of cheap and hollow plastic until the top piece, which is where the batteries were inserted. lol That one was solid plastic.

Anyway,

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

• 2 weeks later...

This year I went as Alice from Alice: Madness Returns. I had the knife, black wig, blood and all.

I tend to like to go as a twisted fairy tale character. This year Halloween seemed to finally be a bigger deal in Estonia (Only the adult night scene unfortunately ).

Usually I have been the weird one every year :D