Let's talk about our TDNF usernames!

leverhelven

Mine's just the same as my Neopets username, minus the numbers. I actually made my TDN account some time ago; I wasn't an active member on the forums back then and I was also on and off Neo. I just thought it would be easier for me to remember it if it was the same as my Neopets account name. It's just my initials with 'pet' added at the end from Neopet... haha. Came up with this over 10 years ago so yeah.

Mine is dedicated to my gorgeous puppy Mouse. She's 6 years old and still a puppy at heart. Mouseykins is just a cute name I sometimes call her when she's being cute and sweet. :)

My name came initially from my early days on the internet... I was part of a forum dedicated to the Warriors books. I chose the "Wild" part of my name, and later the leader of the group I was in gave me "Breeze". It's stuck with me since then, and I've used it for many of my internet adventures and even as a nickname in real life.

My username was from my 1st Youtube account which was HomuraAkemiTheHero because before the time of the dreaded Google+ you couldn't use spaces and Homura Akemi was my favorite character from Puella Magi Madoka and she's still one of my most favorite anime characters of all time and the TheHero part was because HomuraAkemi was already taken along with various other things so I thought about the character and since she's a hero in the show to some of the other characters I added that and thus I ended up with HomuraAkemiTheHero and it's also one of the usernames that I use mainly now. Although now my 1st Youtube account's gone due to hackin attempts twice I have another one now though.

I was going to guess you were a lover of mice...but I'm guessing "Mouseykins" is your avvie, there? ^_^

lol not really a lover and not really a hater of mice. As long as they stay out of my house and do not soil in my cupboards I'm happy.

Yes Mouse is my avatar. That pic is one of her baby pics. There's actually a cute story to how she got her name.

In short she got the name Mouse because she was so small and she'd constantly burrow and hide in the blanket that we had in their puppy bed. There was a hole in the blanket that she always crawled through. (should have put that in my previous post. whoops lol)

Actually... the backstory of mine is close to yours. Xepha comes from a short novel I wrote when I was 14 (expanded to an unfinished longer scfi novel.) In that story, Xepha is a planet of art, nature and knowledge. ^.^ All of my others internet aliases come from that story too.

I never knew that you make stories V!

My user came from randomness in my head. I tried to think of something but, nothing happened. I was spinning the WoM then random link, random link. Kyruggi. Edited the name then BAM. My user.

Ranaki is just one of my many online aliases, I believe it means Red Autumn. Ranaki Chou being the full name, is Red Autumn Butterfly. Kuroaki, being black autumn, didn't sound right, so I went with red =3

My username is just the nick I use for about 10 years now. I used kiie (was a misspelling on my very first name I picked to play a game but that's a -very- long time ago) but someone in the clan I had joined had the nick King, so it sounded too familiar and I had to change kiie. Since Cheetah's are my favorite animal and I had just seen a movie where I learned that the Swahili word for Cheetah was Duma I picked Duma. I love the name too so I don't think it will ever change.

My name is the same as my main character on World of Warcraft. Before playing WoW, I played Guild Wars. In GW, the god of the Underworld and Death is called Grenth. When I created a Forsaken (undead) character in WoW when I first started playing it, I decided to call her a feminine version of Grenth. I thought it was fitting for an Undead priest. My friends there shortened it to Gren, and I've been Grenthine/Gren ever since. It's nice because it's never taken, and I like how it sounds. :)

This is such a fascinating thread. :) I always wonder how people choose usernames, 'cause some people actually have a hard time coming up with theirs. Mine's pretty automatic.

I came up with my username when I was studying Japanese during my late high school years. My first name in katakana would be "isaberu." In my native language, "isa" means "one," hence "ichi," which is the Japanese for "one." Then I switched the order, 'cause to me, "ichiberu" doesn't sound as nice as "beruichi." (What a long winded explanation. XD)

Ranaki is just one of my many online aliases, I believe it means Red Autumn. Ranaki Chou being the full name, is Red Autumn Butterfly. Kuroaki, being black autumn, didn't sound right, so I went with red =3

Are you certain it means red? The name sounds Japanese, and as far as I am aware (I only have limited knowledge of the language :P), "ran" refers to indigo, not red. Either way, I like your name, mainly because of the autumn part. :D

Are you certain it means red? The name sounds Japanese, and as far as I am aware (I only have limited knowledge of the language :P), "ran" refers to indigo, not red. Either way, I like your name, mainly because of the autumn part. :D

It was a while ago, but if I recall correctly, I looked it up in my English>Japanese dictionary. I knew Aki & Chou already, but not being completely fluent in Japanese, I had to cheat a little >_>

I kinda dropped Japanese and am learning Chinese at the moment, not the characters, since I am horrid at Kanji (I'd mix up Sakana {fish} with Uma {horse}) and Kanji is derived from Chinese characters. I can speak enough to get by if I ever encouter a native or a speaker, however, I'm a bit iffy on spelling.

Since I went completely off topic, I'm gonna end this post here xD

Mine is an Alice in Wonderland reference, from when Alice meets the Cheshire cat. 'Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin,' thought Alice; 'but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!' It's also my main neopets account name.

I was always amused by your UN and am glad I thought right - it was an Alice in Wonderland reference :D

My U/N was an old roleplaying name I used: her full name was Rune Valentine Deathspell, born of both light and dark :) It seemed a little overkill to use on the forums, though, lol.

I was always amused by your UN and am glad I thought right - it was an Alice in Wonderland reference :D

My U/N was an old roleplaying name I used: her full name was Rune Valentine Deathspell, born of both light and dark :) It seemed a little overkill to use on the forums, though, lol.

Rune Valentine, I must confess yours was one of the usernames I was most curious about, but I was too shy to ask :D I love the way it sounds... Somehow delicate yet mysterious!

Here I go! I love succubi. I've been fascinated with them since I played Heroes of Might and Magic V. Naamah, Lilith, Eisheth Zenunim and Agrat Bat Mahlat are four major succubi. I chose the name Naamah because the name means the word Pleasant, but when really she is one of The Four Sacred Angels of Prostitution which is far from pleasant.

I really love female figures that resemble evil like Harley Quinn, Maleficent, Mileena from Mortal Kombat, Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon etc...

So, yeah!

I just read this one thing about how in the Zohar Naamah and Lilith cause epilepsy in children and I just happen to have epilepsy. Maybe I should start studying more often :P

Mine is currently the name of a Homestuck character, but the name I commonly use on a lot of sites is a portmanteau of 'dusk' and 'kitty'; because I like dark colours and cats :P

Mine, for example, is the name of an imaginary kingdom I created when I was a teenager. I'd write about its cities, citizens, make up stories for them... Good old days :king:

That's pretty cool. I've always admired people who can do that & create so many details. I usually just give up halfway xD

Zephyr means a light wind. And just like a cat, I like soft sunshine & a nice breeze & Zeph sounds like a nice shortened version so zephyr it is :)

I've always admired people who can do that & create so many details. I usually just give up halfway xD

I'm a novelist and will happily take your admiration! *giggles and bows*

Meanwhile, I can't understand people like you who can just let an idea go after they've worked to establish it. (I mean, I have a couple of times, but only after allowing it to gain cobwebs for several years and really asking myself if I want to give it up.) My idea factory just doesn't work like that. :laughingsmiley:

I have so many usernames online...I'm not one of those neat people who uses the same username on every website. I would say youtube stars are almost becoming brands themselves...Makes you think of future generations where their usernames = their names = them as a brand....or am I overthinking it?

ANYWAY

I'll just talk about this one lol

I was tired of the username neopets created for me. I was a kid and a username wasnt important when I created my first account (i think it was petsone241132 - no longer exists) so I created a new account to be my main. I like Pucca & Garu so I tried "pooky" "pucca" and any variation I could come up with that I liked. so my username here is a reference to my neopets account (which got stolen, now it's disabled). this is the second neo-related site and on both I go as "pookies" (cookies but with a p for pucca reference, i guess) so if "pookies" isn't taken, I'll use it.

Mine has a double meaning. In the Japanese language you tack on '-chan' to the end of a girl's name when she's younger than you or a close friend. My name is Renee, so. Neechan. But also the Japanese word for 'sister' is 'Nee' though your elder sister is typically referred to as 'Oneesan.' The 'O' makes it honerable and the -san is a sign of respect. Buuut I'm really short, only 5' tall, so I get stuck with 'Neechan' instead because I'm tiny and adorable. ^^