Spooky Food Eating Contest: Claim Your Prizes!

hrtbrk

Part of the reason missing out on the avatar is such a big deal to so many is exactly because it can't be sold/traded.

Since it can't be bought later, once it's been released and retired, it can't be achieved by anyone. It's just another retired avatar that's always there, bugging those trying to complete their avatar collection.

I found this on the boards, but we might wait for TNT to give the right solution:

kic444
I think I found them... I saw no user so far that violated these specifications:

Bobblehead: everyone that participates
Book: cheer a certain amount of times (maxing out does not affect this, might be possible you needed to do it daily)
Juice: do all flower puzzles (doing on day of release was not required, just finishing them)
Background: finish 20 floors (margin of +/- 4 floors)
mDB meter: get all 4 items from the previous post.
Site theme: see bobblehead

You get 2.5k if you got 1 prize, 5k for 2 prizes, 10k for 3 prizes, 15k for 5 or 6 prizes (it is not possible to get 4 prizes)

I have not found a solution for the petpet yet sad.gif

I am grateful for what I got I was lucky enough to get everything except the monster, I did everything on the day and fully including 117 to 120 floors - all doors up to at least 100

Im sorry for those who didnt get avatars particularly because you cant just say oh well I will just save up and buy it.

BUT I blame a lack of clarity by TNT for what looks like selfish behaviour. People being upset that they didnt get things because they see that others did get them yet didnt seem to put in more effort ..it doesnt seem fair....

reason it doesnt seem fair is because we didnt know the rules

we didnt know what we had to do to get the prizes and we dont know why we didnt get it when someone who seemed to do less did get it

That is going to make anyone angry and start acting like a spoilt child .. in my experience if you treat people like spoilt kids they act like it!

Tell us what we have to do to get a prize and we are happy enough, explain why we failed and we can decide if it was a mistake by TNT software or we didnt work hard enough

Im hoping TNT will learn from this that we need clarity and communication

If each item was simply a randomly given gift people would just say ok thats what I won but this is telling people they failed and not telling them how

Let me just say this, I am VERY HAPPY with the prizes I got. I love the background especially. I'm bummed about missing out on the petpet and avatar though. I think what people are upset about, me included, is feeling like they are not rewarded for their efforts with no explanation as to why. I literally sat down in front of my computer for HOURS and in one case almost an entire day going through those catacombs. I did it because I love Neopets, it was fun (although tedious at times), and all of us on TDN had a great time posting about our progress. To think that NONE of those levels had anything to do with the prizes is maddening. If all that mattered was cheering fifteen times a day to get the most desired prizes, I wasted a lot of my time. TNT usually rewards those who give it their all, and I believe in this case, they fell short.

Now, all that being said, life is unfair sometimes. I am not going to dwell too much or really freak out. It's just a shame is all.

Completely agree with you. What I don't understand is if the levels meant nothing, why did TNT taunt us on the news page and say to finish as many levels as we could?

You really cannot fathom why collectors are upset that they did not receive a limited edition avatar for an event they participated in? And that somehow means they're acting childish or ungrateful and should just be happy with what they got along the way?

Not fathom? Not fathom the desire to possess a random transient achievement. Certainly I have seen it enough in my days in this world of green and rain.

This is a game, the rules are not stated, the goals obtuse. You may live your life concerned with that which you have not obtained, or you may live your life with acceptance of what you obtained, taking joy in the struggle, taking joy in the game. Just as I could live the end of my life bitter at my heart failure, or I might be grateful for the years I had. It seems an easy choice to me.

You know, I avoided saying this before, but now I feel the need to intervene.

Coltom, have you always sounded like an 83 year old and I just missed it? And where on EARTH did you get the audacity to backsass a staff member like that?! The NERVE!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not backseat moderate. You may report a post at it's bottom left and a moderator will take care of the problem. Also please remember to be respectful of all TDN members, and keep your posts constructive and on-topic.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hey guys, not to interrupt the tiff or whatever, but I had a thought about the petpet prize. Perhaps you had to be one of the first people to catch the monster? Like maybe first 500 people to actually catch the monster got it? I don't have any evidence for this, obviously, but it's a thought.

Not that it's all that fair, but it might explain why people at varying stages seem to have it.

And maybe you just had to get all other prizes, did everything on day of release/max out cheering, get to a specific level in the catacombs (Doing at least one level a day) and catch the monster? Maybe you even had to go and read the prologue every day when there wasn't a step to do?

Remember that the first day of cheering was 1.5 days like they (happily) do nowadays for first days of events.

I'm just guessing really. I did got the petpet, I've cheered/booed every day till max, went to the event everyday, arranged all the flowers on day of release, cleared as many levels in the catacombs every day (went all the way to level 120+) and caught the monster. I did cheer for Scarlet, but that wasn't needed and I did pick the first option. If there is anyone that did all that too but did not get the petpet, by all means correct me. :)

There is a high possibility that not everything really was needed, but I have no way of telling, I only know for sure what I did and got.

The first 500 doesn't make any sense really, TNT has learned that some people sleep at midnight NST. I don't think they would do something like that.

As to the petpet, I hope that eventually TNT decides to offer some clarity. I'm not too miffed I didn't get one, but they are awfully cute and as it's Halloween related, I wouldn't mind obtaining one sometime, but I'm not out actively hunting it.

However, the avatar problem is another level. I DO agree that there are many, many avatar collectors out there - I'm one of them - and I would have to say that miffed is a VERY MILD word compared to how I'd feel if I missed out on it, and then to top it all off to not even know why in the world I didn't get it? No words. So yes, for the avatar collectors, they're angry. I don't think it's necessary to demean them simply because it's not something YOU don't collect and therefore it doesn't matter to you. Avatar collecting for many of us is srs biz, and so kindly don't mock us for it - I got mine, but that doesn't mean I don't feel absolutely wretched because others who participated didn't get theirs and don't have any idea why.

If I could make an extreme real life comparison - hey, I'm straight and I live in the US, I HAVE my civil rights, so it doesn't matter to me if you're not straight and you don't have yours. So sorry about your luck,, quit whining about it we straight people are tired of hearing about it. REALLY? Come on, I'd have to say that most of us on this board wouldn't even remotely have that attitude - so why are we having that attitude because it's a pixel, it's still IMPORTANT to someone, so there's no need to tell them to shut up about it.

I don't know how this bears but I will point out that I was really good in my participation level - up until the last two days of the melody. I completed everything day of until that point. I went back and completed my last two days of melodies together. And then I missed out on the catacombs entirely until about two days before the end of the mini-plot. I did manage to do over twenty levels of catacombs so perhaps the previously offered theory is correct?? It makes sense in a way.

I still hate so many didn't get their avatar and worked so hard on the catacombs.

I really wish I hadn't gone so far in the floors - If the petpet was determined by whether you did everything the day of release, then I wasn't elligible from the beginning as I missed the start and then had to play catch up for the flowers, too. I'm not sure what determined the avatar, but I am really glad I received it. I hope there's a chance for those who didn't get it to be able to attain it, maybe next year?

o: My situation is the same as yours but no avatar for me.

I always thought it was because I started late & was playing catch up that's why I didn't get it. Seems like that's not the case. Maybe you got further in the catacombs?

Siiiighhhhhs /facepalm @ this whole mess

While I'm at it, my 2 cents:
I think it'll be better if TNT can make it clearer if completing/maxing out all the activities on the day they're released plays a part. If anything, take down the flower puzzle (& save me some eye & brain juice heh). Be like the old plots where a step becomes unavailable when it's over. Or be like Daily Dare: make it clear that if one didn't manage to complete the challenge on the day it was released, they won't get all the goodies.

I started late so I'm already prepared to not get all the prizes but the way TNT is handling it this time is leaving much to be desired.

o: My situation is the same as yours but no avatar for me.

I always thought it was because I started late & was playing catch up that's why I didn't get it. Seems like that's not the case. Maybe you got further in the catacombs?

Siiiighhhhhs /facepalm @ this whole mess

Hmm, I got to floor 114 or there abouts - I know it was higher than 112 anyway, I can't remember exactly. I wish they'd just tell us already, lol, put us out of our misery :P *joins you in your facepalming*

Not fathom? Not fathom the desire to possess a random transient achievement. Certainly I have seen it enough in my days in this world of green and rain.

This is a game, the rules are not stated, the goals obtuse. You may live your life concerned with that which you have not obtained, or you may live your life with acceptance of what you obtained, taking joy in the struggle, taking joy in the game. Just as I could live the end of my life bitter at my heart failure, or I might be grateful for the years I had. It seems an easy choice to me.

Then why the heck are you playing Neopets at all? Sheesh.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please remember to be respectful to all TDN members and keep your posts constructive and on-topic.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

There's no need to continue directing the conversation towards specific individuals due to their opinions/reactions to the prizes, it's taking the discussion way off topic. From here on out, everyone please respect everyone else's opinions and keep the discussion on the topic of the prizes.

Hmm, I got to floor 114 or there abouts - I know it was higher than 112 anyway, I can't remember exactly. I wish they'd just tell us already, lol, put us out of our misery :P *joins you in your facepalming*

Maybe it's an either or.

Either max out the activities in the first phase on they day they were released or get past 100 levels in the catacombs.

Gah, I don't know anymore, just tossing out possibilities now xP

Whatever the case, I applaud your persistence with the catacombs *thumbs up*

(I only got to level 72 at the end of the event).

Maybe it's an either or.

Either max out the activities in the first phase on they day they were released or get past 100 levels in the catacombs.

Gah, I don't know anymore, just tossing out possibilities now xP

Whatever the case, I applaud your persistence with the catacombs *thumbs up*

(I only got to level 72 at the end of the event).

:) Thank you. I think I stopped opening all the doors at about where you got to. I couldn't take it anymore, lol, so I don't know if I really deserve an applause, but it does make me feel better getting one :laughingsmiley: I know...I'm desperate for validation, haha :rolleyes_anim:

I think you may be right in your hypothesis though - it definitely sounds plausible, given the posts I've read so far. I still really wish they'd just tell us their criteria already...

TNT has finally answered why a lot of people didn't get the avatar, and I personally think that's not fair. For most events and plots, we all get the avatar for participating, no matter how much or how little or what steps we did. This....this time, the rewards are unfair.

TNT has finally answered why a lot of people didn't get the avatar, and I personally think that's not fair. For most events and plots, we all get the avatar for participating, no matter how much or how little or what steps we did. This....this time, the rewards are unfair.

Did I miss anything? The only thing I've seen them say about it was in the editorial?

It's not uncommon for event avatars to be given just for base level participation, but they often take way more work than that. Some of the Festival of Neggs ones are only given to people that finish each quest on the day it's released, or DD ones for completing at least 15 dares, be in the top 100 people to submit a score. Even the avatars for the Battleground requires at least a little more than just mere participation.

It always sucks when you miss out on an avatar, and I really wish that TNT was more transparent about what you needed to do to win each of the prizes after the fact, but I disagree that it's unfair that it wasn't given out for simply cheering once.

Did I miss anything? The only thing I've seen them say about it was in the editorial?

It's not uncommon for event avatars to be given just for base level participation, but they often take way more work than that. Some of the Festival of Neggs ones are only given to people that finish each quest on the day it's released, or DD ones for completing at least 15 dares, be in the top 100 people to submit a score. Even the avatars for the Battleground requires at least a little more than just mere participation.

It always sucks when you miss out on an avatar, and I really wish that TNT was more transparent about what you needed to do to win each of the prizes after the fact, but I disagree that it's unfair that it wasn't given out for simply cheering once.

I know many couldn't get the Festival of Neggs Questing avatar, but THEN, we knew there was a reason for not being able to obtain it as many of us could not complete the final quest due to needing to beat an IMPOSSIBLE score in Mynci Beach Volleyball. Then, WE KNEW what was required. This time, however, there is no exact solution. This time, they just left it a mystery as to why some got the avatar and others didn't.