• Neopoints
    • Collecting items for gallery
    • Earning as many trophies as possible
    • Training/Battledome
    • Plots and events
    • Games/Getting on the Hi-Score Tables
    • Becoming a NT writer
    • Everything!

There are many, many ways to play Neo, and many of us play for certain reasons. I thought a poll would come in hand, some of us even play for multiple reasons.

It's mainly the pets for me, creating strong characters out of them, and writing about them, which leads to wanting to create good petpages for them, despite the horrible filters, and hopefully make it into the Neopian Times with good stories/comics about them. It also includes much striving and saving to achieve the dream species/colour combination I have in mind for them. So far, I have 12 down, and 6 left to go. ^^

I basically play for the avatars at this point. It's a goal that keeps me coming back to work towards them. Also play for neopoints as I set goals to get to a certain amount and help me progress in the neopets world :P

I also like the plots even though I've only been able to do 1 plot since I just recently started playing.. I wish the previous plots were still doable.. I'm anxiously waiting for a new plot to emerge so I can go on a new adventure :)

I voted for everything except coding because i dont know coding

but really , i do everything else .. I have trophies , i was in the NT 6 times , i love painting my pets .. i have lots of plot awards ... etc :D

A little of everything! I enjoy collecting things, I do a lot of training, I love plots. It would be working towards dream customisations if I hadn't already finished them. :)

Oh dear, were we not supposed to pick multiple things? O.O

The pets is the driving thing for me (9/15 pets done, plus a few "almost but not quite there"s), but I also really want to start a site to make things easier for people playing. And I really do love plots - much more than any other site event. But I'm okay with doing a little of everything which I think you kind of need to do.

A bit of everything. I've only recently started working on "story lines" for my pets, and I'm working on getting all my dreamies because I have my own plots of them. I also love collecting avatars and saving up my NP for items I want, such as the Secret Lab Ray. I restock, I collect Spooky Foods, I enjoy earning trophies even though I'm terrible at the games and I like to meet other Neopians.

So yeah, there is not one specific thing for me.

Mostly for pets I guess. My top priority now is to train my new pet up from scratch starting Feb (because of the number of transfers my side has). And then customize every now & then when I suddenly have an idea or inspiration.

Otherwise not much. I'm working on a couple of games avatars but I'm not like going all out with Red Bulls & banner tied around my head xD I pick up items for my gallery (irregularly) when I earn some NP.

*rolls* I guess I'm pretty much an unambitious Neopian (:

For me, it's definitely pretty much everything. There's not really anything, except coding pages, that I don't do. Most of my time on Neopets is spent playing games for NP, but I use that NP to paint/customize my pets, train them, buy them books. I'm also excited if I'm able to get an avatar or trophy from my game playing.

Events and plots are more of the same, something fun and different to do, plus the NP, prizes and trophies. (And possible avatars.)

goals come and go but ive always been a fan of customisation, avatars and plots so thats my primary reason for playing.

to be honest though, in the grand scheme of things, i really play neopets to procrastinate and generally escape real life :P

Since so many people said "All of the above", or everything, I have changed the last option to "Everything!" ^^ Besides, coding was a lame option anyway, lol. :D I think everything is indeed a good reason why we play. That's what makes it so great.

• 2 weeks later...

The main reason I play neopets is for the achievements I think. Even though I know it's not real, it still gives me gratification when I complete a goal. It's also a great stress reliever for me. I used to love playing the flash games, but I don't have as much time for that anymore. I also play so one day I can be rich and give back to other fellow neopians. I like helping people out when I'm able too. :) All of my pets are bare at the moment but once I have lots of neopoints in the bank I will finally start customizing.

I chose the "everything" option because there really is not one thing I don't like about the site. I love the plots, avatars, trophies, stamps, gallerys, pets, and just recently the BD. Before they upgraded the battledome I had no interest in it, but now it is way cooler. Not to mention if I never started playing neopets I wouldn't have had the chance to meet all these amazing people from all around the world on TDN. :) I love these forums just as much as I do neopets.

I play to relieve my stress and anxiety, which is something I receive help for. It keeps me goal-oriented and engaged. There's just so many items that I always get excited when I encounter one in a random event so the exploration factor is there as well (which TNT continuously satisfies through plots and events).

Also, I probably wouldn't be so addicted to it if it were not for the community that Neopets has been able to establish through the fansites. I can't speak of the site boards, but the degree of new items, debate, and help offered on TDN alone keeps me playing Neopets.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My pets (they're seriously my babies lol) and avatar collecting, and of course the few friends I have on Neo/my guild. I pretty much "neo-live" for my pets. It's a lot of fun making characters/art/pages for them. x) And collecting avatars is a lot of fun if not stressful haha. So my nps all go to decking out my pets or getting pesky avatars. :# My guild and friends also definitely keep drawing me back in after maybe a week of disappearing lol xP

I voted for everything!, but to be honest I should have left off writing. I am terribly uncreative and hate writing. Although once in the dim dark days of time past I actually had an article published in the Neopian Times...it was very boring however.

I enjoy everything else on the list, and if nothing else I simply hoard neopoints. I have become more enthusiastic about training and battledoming lately because of the revamp and the war.