• Neopoints
    • Collecting items for gallery
    • Earning as many trophies as possible
    • Training/Battledome
    • Plots and events
    • Games/Getting on the Hi-Score Tables
    • Becoming a NT writer
    • Everything!

The main reason I play is first because it is super addictive, I can/will spend hours just sitting here and playing!

I love collecting items and always working towards a new goal.

Plus there was a ton of nostalgia when I started playing again and it just sucked my back in.

There is ALWAYS something to do too, when I get bored of one thing I can always find something else equally fun.

I play for all the reasons you stated. I like to have a few goals and whatnot going at the same time to keep me interested. I'd love to become a NT writer at some point and am working on some ideas. That trophy is so purdy :*

• 2 weeks later...

I'm collecting avatars at the moment! But mainly Neopets is escapism from real life (as depressing as that sounds!). The world can be stressful and it's light relief...then again I can get very stressed about Neopets too sometimes :P

Guest alastair swanwick

Collecting avatars

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I-I don't actually know...! D:

I...

What do I even do on Neopets??

I never thought such a simple question would frustrate me so much. ;A;;

I mean yeah, I collect avatars sometimes but I'm not crazy about them or anything. If I think I can get them then I'll try for them and if not I just give up.

Neopoints? Yeah, I like making neopoints, yet I'm perfectly fine with not making neopoints and pretending to be bothered by it too.

I mean every time I log into Neo I pretty much set myself up for disappointment so I'm a bit confused here.

It's like coming into a job every day, knowing that it's going to be a bad day, but you go in anyway because it's what pays you. Sometimes you run into something nice. Except, Neopets isn't paying me so I'm not too sure if that comparison works out.

Maybe I play Neopets because my goal is to live a really stupid and slightly depressing lifestyle on Neopets?
"Being neopet is suffering" is pretty much my Neo-motto.
One might ask, "Then why do you do it?" Man, I don't knooow! >:U It's a massive like/dislike relationship with Neopets. I just...??
"Being neopet is suffering."

EDIT: Sorry, I'm weird. Wow.

EDIT 2: Just kidding, I'm a Quiggle conspiracy theorist.

I LOVE Neopets, and believe me, I get made fun of...even from my 12 year old son (he plays Minecraft, so I make fun of him, haha!)...

My current goals are to obtain a Gourmet Food trophy (FEH! That will take me a zillion years!), trophies (another zillion years) and avatars...I'm VERY slow at achieving my goals, but that's okay! I'll get there some day! I just wish I had achieved them back when I was a new NP player.

I do so LOVE playing the games and the dailies! It's so relaxing to me, playing the games. I often have NP up at work (shhh!), and play games that aren't timed during work, so I can relax and de-stress.

I also receive a LOT of help from the people here on here! Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

Oh cool, I can tick several items. :D

I chose:

bullet_star_rated.png Working towards goals for dream pets - I adore my current pet's color, but there are so many other beautiful ones that I simply must have! :wub_anim:

bullet_star_rated.png Neopoints - mainly for getting paint brushes for my dream pets ehe

bullet_star_rated.png Avatars - ahh, my current preoccupation. I don't even know why I want to collect them, since I hardly use the neoboards anyway. (:

bullet_star_rated.png Training/Battledome - mainly for getting those battledome related avatars ehe

bullet_star_rated.png Plots and events - this has been incredibly frustrating for me! I've never participated in any plot because I was always gone when they happen! ARGH! I only have the Altador Plot under my belt, which is, surprise, surprise, the only plot which is not available for a limited time only. :grrr:

One thing not in the options though: I play neopets as an escape from real life stress. :)

So basically, I stress myself with neopet-related problems rather than face problems in real life what. :whistle:

I started playing neopets because I was a bored kid. Now I play neopets to achieve all of the things I couldn't when I was 10.

• Dream Pet/s
  • Paintbrush collecting
  • NPs hoarding because I want to hit that 10m point!
  • Plots and events. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these. But either I missed the last few or came into the plot too late to rack up points for the good stuff.

It's interesting, nowadays I don't properly have any of the goals on the poll. I think I still log onto neopets nearly every day to do the dailies and because I just don't want to leave neopets for good. For a while I just put them in the hotel every 28 days, but since last year I decided to go back daily. I guess neopets has been a part of my childhood I just don't want to leave! lol

For the art community. :) I enjoy drawing my pets and entering them into the beauty contest, and I want to also submit artwork to the art gallery.

My aim is to have custom pages featuring my neo related artwork on my pet lookups & pages, and my user lookup. That might take a while, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing neopets when I was 12 and since I've been on and off from neopets for the past 9-10 years (lost count actually) I've understood that I play neopets just for fun. You know, collecting dailies, reading the news, finding out about new events. It's just a sort of a habbit in my daily routine. I don't actually post on the boards - I mainly take care of my pets and maybe sell or buy a few items.