what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

I have so many complaints!

-reset times for the Altador Plot prizes and games: if everything resets at 12am, then why the heck are game submit times different than the dailies?! I want to do everything at once!

-unobtainable avvies: I went on a decade long hiatus of neopets and when I came back, my old account/all the avatars I collected are gone, so I couldn't get back there

-game ratio day:aka what got me to this thread. I HATE game ratio day because all the games I play I no longer can. The ratio change is drastic on a lot of the games I like so I end up not playing anything for a month. Plus some of the ratios are ridiculous. Pterattack's high scores only go up to 3000 points and the ratio is 3.23. Basically it's difficult to get 1000 neopoints. The theory doesn't work too well and it blows.

I'll stop since I could go on. :shiftyeyes_anim:

I have so many complaints!

-reset times for the Altador Plot prizes and games: if everything resets at 12am, then why the heck are game submit times different than the dailies?! I want to do everything at once!

-unobtainable avvies: I went on a decade long hiatus of neopets and when I came back, my old account/all the avatars I collected are gone, so I couldn't get back there

-game ratio day:aka what got me to this thread. I HATE game ratio day because all the games I play I no longer can. The ratio change is drastic on a lot of the games I like so I end up not playing anything for a month. Plus some of the ratios are ridiculous. Pterattack's high scores only go up to 3000 points and the ratio is 3.23. Basically it's difficult to get 1000 neopoints. The theory doesn't work too well and it blows.

I'll stop since I could go on. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Do you know how often game ratio day happens? I had no idea about it until it happened the other day

Do you know how often game ratio day happens? I had no idea about it until it happened the other day

Game ratios change on the 25th of every month. It can be frustrating sometimes, but on the other hand it also often makes getting NP for certain games easier.

Game ratios change on the 25th of every month. It can be frustrating sometimes, but on the other hand it also often makes getting NP for certain games easier.

Sorry to get a bit off topic, but which games are working best for you right now? (besides kass basher lol) I'm losing so many NP because I'm just NOT skilled enough in many of the old games I was playing to make 1000NP per game

Sorry to get a bit off topic, but which games are working best for you right now? (besides kass basher lol) I'm losing so many NP because I'm just NOT skilled enough in many of the old games I was playing to make 1000NP per game

Wrath of the Snowager, Mutant Graveyard of Doom II, Crisis Courier, Shenkuu Tangram, Mop 'n' Bop, and Snow Roller each net me 3000 NP a day. SunnyNeo also has a helpful list of game ratios.

My new most frustrating part of Neopets is determining a new game avatar to go after. The key to most game avatars is playing that game over and over, which is hard to do when I don't know which game to pick. I guess the real problem here is my own impatience and indecision, though.

Does anyone here have trouble accessing the HELP page? I can't access the page on Safari, there is always a message that the page is expired. I can access the page using Chrome though.

HatPC & Gourmet Bowls. Many people have trouble loading the games. If the games are going to be available on the site, couldn't they be fixed so everyone can play the games? I wish other games such as DoN, Invasion of meridell, and Lenny Conundrum were fixed too. I'd rather have those games fixed than some new food item/book/clothes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I hate, hate, HATE NC push. Don't give me crystal neggs if to open them it's 125 NC EACH. That's ridiculous and absurd. Stop using my inventory as a bribe - I can't trade them, I can't use them, and I seriously refuse to pay $5 to use them. If I wanted to pay for it, I would have in the NC Mall. But forcing it on me and making me SDB it drives me up the wall.

Me too. I ESPECIALLY loathe Delina. There is thankfully a way to avoid her during the Faerie Quest event by changing the language into Chinese, but I'd rather TNT just ax her. Nobody wants to do her stupid quests, nobody likes her, she isn't working, so get rid of her! I hated picking up all those useless Crystal Neggs before finding the real Neggs I was after, too. But at least the Crystal Neggs are pretty, so I may keep them in my SDB for a while. *watches the sparkles*

Another complaint I have is the lack of love Maraquan and Mutant pets receive in the wearable department, especially in the NC Mall. Baby pets get something for every category, while Maraquans and Mutants only get ONE wearable per year and it's only seasonal. They never get any Wonderclaw machines or Mystery Capsules for them. At least the NP wearables are nicer to them, giving us wearables made for those two colors. But because they're NP items, they cost millions. Sometimes the NC items are easier to obtain in that regard.

And will we ever lose this horrible bracket system? I swear that no matter how much we complain, TNT likes this new system and will keep it forever. I want the DRR back! Or at the very least, a SRR! (Also I'm sick of the games; having been participating in the Cup since the third one, so I'd like some new activities.)

Me too. I ESPECIALLY loathe Delina. There is thankfully a way to avoid her during the Faerie Quest event by changing the language into Chinese, but I'd rather TNT just ax her. Nobody wants to do her stupid quests, nobody likes her, she isn't working, so get rid of her! I hated picking up all those useless Crystal Neggs before finding the real Neggs I was after, too. But at least the Crystal Neggs are pretty, so I may keep them in my SDB for a while. *watches the sparkles*

Another complaint I have is the lack of love Maraquan and Mutant pets receive in the wearable department, especially in the NC Mall. Baby pets get something for every category, while Maraquans and Mutants only get ONE wearable per year and it's only seasonal. They never get any Wonderclaw machines or Mystery Capsules for them. At least the NP wearables are nicer to them, giving us wearables made for those two colors. But because they're NP items, they cost millions. Sometimes the NC items are easier to obtain in that regard.

And will we ever lose this horrible bracket system? I swear that no matter how much we complain, TNT likes this new system and will keep it forever. I want the DRR back! Or at the very least, a SRR! (Also I'm sick of the games; having been participating in the Cup since the third one, so I'd like some new activities.)

YES on the mutant pets! I LOVE the mutant lutari, but there is literally no clothes or really any accessories to go with it - or the accessories that are available are long out of the trading circuit. It gets frustrating especially considering it feels like new baby clothing gets released very frequently.

And I never experienced the DDR, but it feels like I don't have a chance to win with Mystery Island :( It's like my contribution doesn't even matter.

YES on the mutant pets! I LOVE the mutant lutari, but there is literally no clothes or really any accessories to go with it - or the accessories that are available are long out of the trading circuit. It gets frustrating especially considering it feels like new baby clothing gets released very frequently.

And I never experienced the DDR, but it feels like I don't have a chance to win with Mystery Island :( It's like my contribution doesn't even matter.

Baby pets apparently are the most popular, so they have the higher demand, is my guess. But it feels unfair for the Maraquan and Mutant Pets. Please TNT, just a superpack for a Maraquan pet? A maractite armor set? PLEASE!? D: It's just so unfair that Babies get everything while the others don't. But at least I'm not the only fan of the other two colors who is bothered by this; I'm sure many Maraquan fans are equally as disappointed, and I know Mutant fans like you are, too.

I feel the same way playing for Maraqua, I don't feel like I stand a chance. I miss the DRR.

Baby pets apparently are the most popular, so they have the higher demand, is my guess. But it feels unfair for the Maraquan and Mutant Pets. Please TNT, just a superpack for a Maraquan pet? A maractite armor set? PLEASE!? D: It's just so unfair that Babies get everything while the others don't. But at least I'm not the only fan of the other two colors who is bothered by this; I'm sure many Maraquan fans are equally as disappointed, and I know Mutant fans like you are, too.

I feel the same way playing for Maraqua, I don't feel like I stand a chance. I miss the DRR.

Yes, yes, yes. I would love to have more mutant wearables. There's only a few in existence, and I'm happy with my Pteri's customization as is, but we should really have more Maraquan and Mutant wearables that aren't super expensive/cost real money.

I wonder why Peophins and Koi, are cannot wear Maraquan items when why are both underwater creatures anyway and can't be painted maraquan, if anything, I think they should be considered exceptions and allowed to wear Maraquan items.

Also, The WORST part of Neopets, being a gamer, is the shifting payout ratios. I LOATHE them. This most recent change in the ratios,you have to be at nearly top form on many of the games I play, or in some cases EXCEED what's possible when comparing the payout ratio to the current TOP scores for that game. I can't recall which it was I was looking at, but the ratio was something like 5.12, and the top scores were only in the 3300s. The major problems with the Neopian economy, as far as I know, have mainly been with people cheating at getting items, not so much playing games. Dear TNT, please HELP us gamers and make a stronger effort to block people taking advantage of exploits in the item buying system! Maybe then HONEST neopians, like the Majority of Neopians, could RS some decent things once in a while.

I so agree with you Aquamentis12. I feel like I'm just HEMMORAGING neopoints. Last month I was making like 25,000NP a day easily as long as I had 2 hours or so to get through my favorite games, then I could keep playing (the ones I don't like so much) and get up to 50,000NP or more sometimes... Now I barely can make 25,000NP if I spend most of the day, and I play the stock market so 15,000 of that is gone by the end of the day. UGHHHH I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THEY CHANGE IT AGAIN.

I think the most frustrating thing about the game ratio np change is it's always the same game rotation. It'd be one thing if they changed it up to sort of spread out the games you are playing and try to "introduce" or gain incentive for the lesser played games, but it feels like they just keep drawing from the same pool of overplayed flash games.

Also the rotation for featured 2x games are always the same. I hate gadsgadsgame and it feels like that makes it on there at least once every other week.

Probably the fact that KQ, which could be a good way to earn some NPs, is soooo glitchy! Coco and I can't even start a game without it glitching up!

Also, I really dislike the fact that we can't convert back our pets to UC if we originally didn't have a choice in the matter. I remember not logging into one of my side accounts for a long time, and they automatically converted my pets. :(

Probably the fact that KQ, which could be a good way to earn some NPs, is soooo glitchy! Coco and I can't even start a game without it glitching up!

Also, I really dislike the fact that we can't convert back our pets to UC if we originally didn't have a choice in the matter. I remember not logging into one of my side accounts for a long time, and they automatically converted my pets. :(

Ugh - that's not right! I was on hiatus at that point and so I had to start all over again anyway (old account had been purged) so I had no idea that they did that without people's permission.

My frustrations: the games do bore me. With the AC - I detest Slushie Slinger!! Ugh!! The others are just tiresome too so I don't play much. Maybe I'll get a "Participation" medal or something. Whoopee!

I agree with the lack of items for Maraquan/Mutant pets. I just got a Maraquan Wocky and there is not much for her to wear. Also if you trade NC at all, you know that the whole GBC and lack of boxes is a nightmare. I think it's really unfair that if I buy an item and later want to transfer it to a side account, that I then need to buy a GBC to get a box to transfer the item. It's very expensive and honestly I think TNT would make more money if they did away with the boxes. People could then afford to buy more items!! It also would be better for customer relations as we would be happier. Just my opinion.

Ugh! Right now it's Better than You. My top score for Petpet Cannonball is ~13 points higher than the score for Better than You right now. Can I get there now? No...I've missed it by 3 points twice already. *sigh*

Glitches/weirdness in games.

Snowmuncher: Potions and gems that are mysteriously consumed by falling blocks and falling blocks that are coming out of nowhere and hits me on the head.

Escape to Kreludor: Power-ups that suddenly vanish.

Ultimate Bullseye II: Weird physics, when it looks like the arrow would hit the target, but flies right past. You can only aim up and down, not left and right, so this sounds impossible.

Neggsweeper: Not a glitch, but it's really annoying when you've got a corner of 2x2, two bombs left and no sure indication of where they will be.

The weird lag in simple flash games.

How you have to reload pages for certain games (Pyramids, Gormball, NeoQuest II)

I feel like this was already mentioned but not being able to remove paint brush clothes from your closet :/

also it has been weeks, I've been submitting this one comic to the NT and they haven't sent me a rejection or acceptance letter about it yet. I keep changing it and everything but no luck :/ that's my current frustration!

Wrath of the Snowager, Mutant Graveyard of Doom II, Crisis Courier, Shenkuu Tangram, Mop 'n' Bop, and Snow Roller each net me 3000 NP a day. SunnyNeo also has a helpful list of game ratios.

I totally didn't see this post earlier, but that is a really helpful list of games! :O I'm very appreciative that they give some tips on the page, and that they say things like when you should reach the goal. It totally saves time. :D Thanks!

I also had a glitch when playing Shoutout Showdown where the ball would just disappear. Straight up disappear from the screen after I scored a goal.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest awkwardnormalcy

I think my biggest irritation still is their push for cash. I think that neocash is a good idea but to buy one mitten per snowball? That was mean and corporatey. I understand that they want to get money, but with all the ads, premium accounts (and the way they treat their premium account users) I just feel really disgruntled when I feel forced to make a purchase.

I would be more happy to shell out $10 supporting a site I like rather than having to "miss out" because I don't want to play in their sketchy money fishing games

Do they treat Premium members badly? I was contemplating trying it out, but would it not be worth it or do they not give you what they promise?

I get really frustrated with games when they don't load (Even if I have the correct download) or they don't send the score.

After browsing DTI, I am annoyed by the lack of nice wearables for Pteris and Mutant pets. -_- There are only a handful of nice wigs for Pteris and even less of Mutants. Don't even get me started on looking for actual shirts/dresses/coats for Mutant pets!