The ALP

Matt

While the above is true, he's asking when I'll accept/reject his application to enter the chain.

I've been busy for a while with holiday stuff, I'll go through the apps later tonight.

Ah, it's nice to finally sell some stocks. Just donated some more. I'd run out of neopoints (whaaaaa...) and couldn't donate, but now that some of my stocks are *finally* selling, I have some free dough.

If you're looking to borrow from the ALP, we offer all of those pets through our chains! If you've never borrowed before, you can find the rules here, the chain lending process here, and the application here!

Also, quick update on where we are with the BGC, we're about a third of the way towards buying one now, thanks to some very generous donations in the past few weeks!

@Warblers: By "logging in to lend" do you mean having one of the staffers log into your account to facilitate the lend without requiring collateral?

Because if yes, that's pretty darned against the rules, both ours and TNT's.

So I was looking at what avatars the ALP loans, and even though I've used the ALP before it was awhile ago and I realized it would be much easier to figure out what I still need if NeoAvatars had an ALP Category when you view by category. Would that be possible, and is this where I would ask about it?

I think that we do have the category stuff:

http://avatars.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/checklist/by_cat/

Just log in to your account, import your avvie data. You should see which one you still need.

TDN is lending almost all of the lendable avvies, so no need to check.

*BTW: is "lendable" even a word?

So I was looking at what avatars the ALP loans, and even though I've used the ALP before it was awhile ago and I realized it would be much easier to figure out what I still need if NeoAvatars had an ALP Category when you view by category. Would that be possible, and is this where I would ask about it?

Well.. there are only two categories of ALP lends. There are pet lends and item lends and you can find them here: http://alp.thedailyneopets.com/

If you want to view all avatars you need by category then make an account with TDN (not the forums, the main page) if you haven't already. Then go here to view all avi's you don't have by category: http://avatars.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/checklist/by_cat/

I think that we do have the category stuff:

http://avatars.theda...ecklist/by_cat/

Just log in to your account, import your avvie data. You should see which one you still need.

TDN is lending almost all of the lendable avvies, so no need to check.

*BTW: is "lendable" even a word?

Well.. there are only two categories of ALP lends. There are pet lends and item lends and you can find them here: http://alp.thedailyneopets.com/

If you want to view all avatars you need by category then make an account with TDN (not the forums, the main page) if you haven't already. Then go here to view all avi's you don't have by category: http://avatars.theda...ecklist/by_cat/

I Understand that there is already a view by category page (on neo avatars), and that the ALP lends are separated by pet and Item (on the ALP site) what I meant was could a new category be added ( on this page on neo avatars --> http://avatars.theda...ecklist/by_cat/ ) in addition to the existing categories so I could see which ALP avatars I already have checked off and those I need.

I hope that clears up what I was asking. : )

Hi.. Sorry if this is such a noob question but.. How can I donate to the ALP?

The donation shop is here, on the tdnalp account.

If you want to donate amounts larger than 90k then you can also go to their trades. But don't offer on the blue sand--I've already claimed that one with my latest donation from stocks.

I wish we could edit the first post so that the links could be in it...but I'm assuming the person who made the first post would have to be the one to edit, right? And I don't recognize him, which makes me think he's been gone longer than I've been on the site.

*edited because Alice's answer pwns mine out of the water and apparently I'm still in a turkey coma and didn't read the question properly*

*high-fives Alice*

I Understand that there is already a view by category page (on neo avatars), and that the ALP lends are separated by pet and Item (on the ALP site) what I meant was could a new category be added ( on this page on neo avatars --> http://avatars.theda...ecklist/by_cat/ ) in addition to the existing categories so I could see which ALP avatars I already have checked off and those I need.

I hope that clears up what I was asking. : )

You can view by category on NeoAvatars and click either Item or Pet, depending on what category you wish to see about. If you see avatars under your Item list that you need, you can simply click on the avatar's name to bring up the pop-up, and there's a line of text (second from the bottom) that will link you to the corresponding ALP page if we lend the item/pet (along with a line of text right below it that has a green yes or red no depending on whether or not we lend it.) If we do not lend the item/pet, there won't be a link (and there will be a red no.)

The main reason I'm balking at creating a category for ALP avatars is that the avatars on NeoAv or sorted based on how you obtain them on neopets. Since the ALP site has a comprehensive list of the avatars it lends for, and you can view item/pet avatars and scroll to see what you have unchecked on NeoAv, that pretty much covers it with a little brainpower. Mainly, it's because whether or not we lend the item(s)/pet/petpet/petpetpet through our ALP program has nothing to do with the core solution is why making an ALP category wouldn't really fit for NeoAv.

The donation shop is here, on the tdnalp account.

If you want to donate amounts larger than 90k then you can also go to their trades. But don't offer on the blue sand--I've already claimed that one with my latest donation from stocks.

I wish we could edit the first post so that the links could be in it...but I'm assuming the person who made the first post would have to be the one to edit, right? And I don't recognize him, which makes me think he's been gone longer than I've been on the site.

Thanks! I donated 35k for now. I'll give more when I have more NP. I've gotten several neat item avatars from the ALP and wanted to give back.

You can view by category on NeoAvatars and click either Item or Pet, depending on what category you wish to see about. If you see avatars under your Item list that you need, you can simply click on the avatar's name to bring up the pop-up, and there's a line of text (second from the bottom) that will link you to the corresponding ALP page if we lend the item/pet (along with a line of text right below it that has a green yes or red no depending on whether or not we lend it.) If we do not lend the item/pet, there won't be a link (and there will be a red no.)

The main reason I'm balking at creating a category for ALP avatars is that the avatars on NeoAv or sorted based on how you obtain them on neopets. Since the ALP site has a comprehensive list of the avatars it lends for, and you can view item/pet avatars and scroll to see what you have unchecked on NeoAv, that pretty much covers it with a little brainpower. Mainly, it's because whether or not we lend the item(s)/pet/petpet/petpetpet through our ALP program has nothing to do with the core solution is why making an ALP category wouldn't really fit for NeoAv.

Thanks, that clears things up

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Guest JussttBre

I was wondering if there was a chart of something for how many posts you need compared to how many avatars you have? Like how many posts would you need if you have 170 avatars?

Are you asking regarding pet or item lending?

For item lending, if you have full collat, you are unlikely to be rejected unless we've had trouble with you not returning items before. For reduced collat, you must have a minimum of 100 forum posts (regardless of avatar count). Every post 100+ decreases the amount of collat you need by an increased percentage. The reduced collat will be stated in our initial neomail to you when we first set up the lend.

Anime would be the one to ask about post:avvie ratios for pets, but this is also influenced by things like past lend history (do we have problems with you returning pets late, not replying to nms, etc) and forum warn level.

There are a couple exceptions. For the Draik and Krawk chains, you MUST have at least 150 forum posts, regardless of avatar count.

I'd like to remind everyone here that, while your posts do affect your lending eligibility, posting recklessly simply to increase your count is not allowed. Please make sure you're staying on topic and contributing to the discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody, I want to ask that will the TDN staff team do such a page like this? http://www.jellyneo.net/avatars/ ; where you can post your preference code page to it and it will automatically check off what avatars I've already have? Because i didn't use TDN avatar page until recently and it takes times to try check off every avatar (when you have already more than 150). Or else did the page has a function like that but I didn't notice. Thanks!

Our Avatar Checklist does already have that feature.

Once you have an account, you'll just need to click the "One-Click Import" link. (It's the first one under the Avatar Tools heading)

Or here's the link: http://avatars.theda...p/import/index/