So what are you reading?

Lauren_x

Yeah I started him about that age =) I just like reading something that I know everything will work out in the end in. But Ive always read a lot. My new current reading was another of his called ogre ogre from the xanth series

:D I can definitely identify with wanting something you know will end well. I've read a lot since I started reading Xanth - I hadn't known before that that my favourite genre would be fantasy, lol. hehe, I'm being flooded by Xanth memories now. I own Ogre, Ogre :) I'm trying to remember the plot, but my memory's failing me at the moment. That, and I don't want to accidently give anything away if you haven't read it before ;) The pun that always pops to mind when people want a definition of pun is from Xanth, a football...a ball made of feet, lol

Just finished Clash of Kings, book 2 in the Song of Ice and Fire series. So good!

I read that series a couple of years ago, and actually didn't end up finishing the last book because I couldn't get attached to the characters. Most of them I didn't even like and the others

I knew could die off at any moment - Martin certainly isn't afraid of butchering his characters :\ The first character I became attached to got killed off like in the first few chapters of book one!! :sad02: Poor Ned *sighs*

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth. Had to read Divergent for my children's lit class for school and liked it so much I had to go out and buy the 2nd one! I would be finished with it by now, but school has been far too busy! Anyways, I'd say it's a 10/10!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm reading two books: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien and Runaway Twin by Peg Kehret.

• 2 months later...

I just finished reading Anthem by Ayn Rand. It's a super short dystopian novel, and it's great.

I'm now currently reading The Subtle Knife, the second book in Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. I read The Golden Compass a couple weeks ago, and I loved it!

Books are the best~

I just finished reading Anthem by Ayn Rand. It's a super short dystopian novel, and it's great.

Love love love Anthem! Everyone talks about Atlas Shrugged, which is fine and all, but Anthem is my favorite Ayn Rand book so far by a long shot.

---

Right now I'm reading A Storm of Swords, the third book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Everyone's recommended Game of Thrones to me, but I wanted to read the books before watching the show. Hopefully it won't take me too long!

Do fanfics count? 'Cause I just finished reading this SPNxStar Trek crossover and it was super interesting since I've never seen Star Trek in any of its forms. :p

I've finished reading The Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. It's about those people who are recognized as exceptional/geniuses in their respective fields (like Bill Gates, the Beatles, Mozart, etc.), and how their achievements aren't simply because of their innate talents, but due to the opportunities and advantages made available to them. It's a very fascinating point of view on success; it's not just talent and hard work, it's also primarily about luck. I think I got more discouraged after reading this lol, since I practically have zero luck in life. :arrowhead:

I'm a huge fan of youg adult fantasy stories! I've read Philip Pullman "His Dark Materials" trilogy and loved it. I also read the Divergent series, I thought it was ok, but I've read better written books. The last books I read were The Giver and Gathering Blue from Lois Lowry, which I found good, though The Giver was better. Now I'm starting The Maze Runner, from James Dashner, I'm looking forward to it!

I FINALLY got a copy of Words of Radiance (second book of The Stormlight Archive) by Brandon Sanderson. I was obsessed with The Way of Kings and couldn't wait until this one came out! Off to reading :D

I haven't heard of those... I'll need to check them out; I've loved some of Brandon Sanderson's other books.

So many books to read, so little time.

I've been listening to a lot of audiobooks lately because I've been spending more time in my car. Recently I've listened to The Great Gatsby, Life on the Mississippi (narrated by Norman Dietz, who really brought Mark Twain to life -- at one point I had to pull over into a parking lot because I was laughing so hard), The Inferno of Dante, and Guns, Germs, and Steel (which might have more aptly been named Seeds, Steeds, and Breeds) -- and now I'm currently working on the full Lincoln-Douglas Senate race debates (which are making me love Honest Abe even more than I already did, and wishing we could bring back serious debate instead of soundbite exchanges).

In terms of actual books, I re-read Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe, and I'm going to start on Divergent soon (this week), finally.

I'm currently reading A Feast for Crows - George R. R. Martin. LOVE it. I'm afraid to finish it though because I don't currently have the next book in the series O.O

Well, I read Divergent in one sitting (staying up late to finish it), and then I read Insurgent, which wasn't quite as captivating (I still finished it quickly, but it had uneven pacing and I didn't mind the breaks I had to take for work, volunteering, eating, sleeping, etc.). And then I realized my sister only gave me the first two books of a trilogy, and I'm #127 and #18 for the waiting list for the book and audiobook from my library, respectively -- which really means about #10 and #6, based on the number of copies of each that the library has. And each person can check an item out for up to 3 weeks with no fines, so that means I probably won't get to read Allegiant until July, at least. *sigh*

I haven't heard of those... I'll need to check them out; I've loved some of Brandon Sanderson's other books.

So many books to read, so little time.

Which of his works have you read? I've not read any of his Wheelof Time books, but The Way of Kings (book 1 of the series) is a far cry from say, Elantris or Warbreaker. The progression and character development is paced better, because it's such a big book. If you're already a fan, then you know what he's capable of and you're in for a treat! The Stormlight Archive is an amazing read, highly recommended!