So what are you reading?

Lauren_x

Which of his works have you read? I've not read any of his Wheelof Time books, but The Way of Kings (book 1 of the series) is a far cry from say, Elantris or Warbreaker. The progression and character development is paced better, because it's such a big book. If you're already a fan, then you know what he's capable of and you're in for a treat! The Stormlight Archive is an amazing read, highly recommended!

I've read Elantris and the Mistborn trilogy. When I have some time, I'll check that out. :) His books are great, but they take me a while to read.

Right now I have to read Hamlet for my theater class.

I finished A Feast for Crows the other day and now I'm sad :( Going on a train ride tomorrow so I'll be reading The Fall by Albert Camus. Nice and little ^^

Oh my god I used to go through books like no tomorrow, but ever since I started taking harder classes in school I just haven't found the time to fit free choice books in between the ones I have to read for lit class :sad01_anim:

But the last thing I read for school was the Importance of Being Earnest, which I might give a 6/10. All the analyzing we had to do over it kind of put a damper on the actual plot of the play for me

I started reading A Fault in our Stars by John Green yesterday. I know everyone goes mental about this book but I really, really hate it so far. Hopefully it will get better but at the moment I'm not impressed at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got Divergent, because I've had several people suggest it to me. It's great so far! I love finding books that I can just lose myself in and read quickly. :)

Count me out of the Divergent pack...I read the first one and was really unimpressed. After reading the summaries of the other two (thanks, Wiki), I definitely wasn't in the mood to go back.

I finished Heaven is for Real in less than twenty-four hours. I saw the trailer when I saw Son of God on Feb 28 and I was really caught up in the storyline. I'm not usually into religious stuff, since the religion is generally Christianity, but the supernatural element really hooked me. (The Bible/Son of God is another thread entirely for me, pretty much! :laughingsmiley: ) My opinion is if they can get the crowd who likes Resurrection into the theater seats, they may have a blockbuster on their hands. (Meanwhile, I can't imagine turning fifteen next month and having a movie made about something that happened when you were four!)

The one right before that (that I did in about forty-eight) was Daughter of Chaos. I think I saw a blurb about it in the paper and I wasn't at all disappointed. In fact, I was sorry it ended! I was even more sorry when I realized that there was a book signing (by the author) locally the day I finished it and I had nothing to sign! But maybe next time. She's from my state, originally, so she'll probably come back for the next one. :D

I started Animal Farm by George Orwell last night which I've never read before. I really like it, but I also really don't like the majority of the characters so it's a bit of a tricky one. I'll probably finish it today, then I don't know what to go for after that.

I've been attempting to finish Moby Dick for over a year, so perhaps that, but after the chapter about how terrifying the colour white is (a whole frigging CHAPTER) I completely lost motivation and interest. I will finish it at some point though. I know everyone says it's a classic, but I don't think those who say they've read it and it's good have actually read it... xD

I most recently finished the Lincoln-Douglas Debates; The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor To the Nation, Part I: The Pox Party; A Visit to William Blake's Inn: Poems for Innocent and Experienced Travelers; Joyful Noise: Poems for Two Voices; and A Gathering of Days: A New England Girl's Journal, 1830-32.

When I started Octavian Nothing, I decided halfway through the second CD that I'd give it until the end of the third CD and stop if I wasn't enjoying it more, but I'm so glad I finished it. I'm not sure I would have been able to had I been reading instead of listening. Now I can't wait for the library to deliver Part II. It was really interesting to listen to right after the Lincoln-Douglas Debates, and it gave a real feel for how people might have experienced the American Revolution before it had a name. When we live through "history" it's not always clear what events are actually important, and the issues are never as cut-and-dried as we view them in retrospect, and this book captured that very well. I highly recommend Octavian Nothing.

Coming up next: Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry and The Dark is Rising Sequence (5 books) to read (I've only got about another 50 Newbery winners left; I've finished about 40) and Outliers and Imagine How Creativity Works to listen to. Oh, and All's Well that Ends Well to watch.

Which version of "All's Well" are you watching?

My library has "The Complete Dramatic Works of William Shakespeare" versions, produced by BBC and Time-Life Films, so I've been checking them out. (I keep forgetting to actually watch; so far I've only watched Two Gentlemen from Verona.) This version stars Ian Charleson, Angela Down, and Celia Johnson and runs 141 minutes.

I wanted to read all of Shakespeare's works, but reading only 2-3 plays per year, it would take a long time, and I figure they were meant to be watched, anyway, so... *shrugs*

I've been attempting to finish Moby puppyblew for over a year

Took me a minute to figure out what "Moby Puppyblew" was. Classic filter action, there. xD

--

In addition to (still) finishing A Storm of Swords (900 pages in!), I've started reading the collected short stories of Guy de Maupaussant. I'd read a few of his stories before and loved them, so I bought a whole book of his stuff. Finally getting around to it.

I'm currently reading The Returned by Jason Mott. It's really good. There is a TV show based on this book called Resurrection. I've been watching the show since it premiered and when I found out it was based on a book, I borrowed the book from my library.

I'm finishing up the Divergent trilogy. I'm a little more than halfway through Allegiant and I think it's terrible. I was trying so hard to like it too.

At work I also read the Sword of Truth series. I'm currently reading The Pillars of Creation, and I adore it. I can't wait to see how Goodkind wraps it up and transitions into the next one.

I'm a huge bookworm. :P

I read all of The Mortal Instruments books last week. I saw the movie and really liked it. But then, I thought the books have to be better. They are! I can't wait for the last one to be released next month!

I read all of The Mortal Instruments books last week. I saw the movie and really liked it. But then, I thought the books have to be better. They are! I can't wait for the last one to be released next month!

I've heard really good things about that series and YA is a guilty pleasure for me. I think after I finish re-reading Divergent again I'll look into The Mortal Instruments.

I finished the first "Dark is Rising" book. It was alright, but I hope the series gets better. They were written in the 1970's, and the girl is such a Nancy: "Oh, Tom! Do be careful!" The girl's skills are in intuitiveness, while the boys are brave, clever, and athletic. And it was written by a woman... The second book was a Newbery Honor book, and a later book is a Newbery Medal winner, so I'm cautiously optimistic about the series.

But I'm putting it aside for now (I'm about 10 pages into the second book) to read Road Rash by Mark Parsons. And then I'll probably re-re-re-read The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen. My freshly autographed copies of both, because I just met them tonight! (You can, too, if you're in the U.S.)

I'm currently reading Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel. She's extremely self involved and over confident but I can't help but kinda like her which is irritating... Can't read too much at a time though cause it's mega depressing