So what are you reading?

Lauren_x

Lately I have been reading a lot of memoirs. I just finished reading "A Stolen Life - by Jaycee Dugard". I'm sure most here in the U.S know who she is but for those who don't she was abducted at age 11 on her way to school and was held captive by a twisted man and his wife for 18 years. She fathered two children by him and didn't get home until she was 29 years old. It's a heartbreaking story of what that girl and her children went through, definitley not for the faint of heart.

I finished reading Hidden Roots by Joseph Bruchac. Really good book about a family who had to hide their heritage. Now I'm reading I'm Not Who You Think I Am by Peg Kehret. I'm about 30 pages in, but I'm liking it so far. It's definitely a page turner.

I've just finished "Footprints of the gods", by Graham Hancock for like, 4th time and it really gave me a new point about this whole 2012 thing. It's a really good, interesting book about the discovering of an ancient civilization, 12000 years ago, that, lead by ancient gods that visited them, discovered the "end of the world" pattern. Tough it's non-fiction, I just couldn't stop reading it, and the end just makes you think about it over and over.

Now I'm re-reading a classic, "Black beauty", by Anna Sewell. I'ts a horse's self-biography in the late 1800's, and one of the first books that talk about animal treating... written by a woman, of course ;)

Next on my list is a book of shorth stories written by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. They're all written in Magical Realism style, and that's what makes them really special. Personally I think he's one of the best contemporary writers, and his books and short stories are all masterpieces :)

i finished Fellowship of the Ring two days ago and i think tomorrow i'll start The Two Towers. it's funny that i finally end up reading these books now that The Hobbit has come out, but I've just never had much motivation to read them - i've always despised the Lord of the Rings movies with a passion. But I'm actually enjoying the books. I especially like the descriptions of Lothlórien. =)

i also read King Richard II yesterday during a long train ride. i loved the soliloquy of the gardener in particular, and i could just picture the discomfort of any nobles who might've seen the play. XD heh heh. it was great, but i think Macbeth's still my favorite Shakespeare play.

Just finished Life of Pi. Anyone else read it? I'm still digesting it, it was so deep.

I haven't read it yet. Is it worth it?

It's not a depressing deep, is it?

Just finished Life of Pi. Anyone else read it? I'm still digesting it, it was so deep.

I read it a long time ago when it first came out and I couldn't finish it. It was way too deep for me. I'm guessing I couldn't handle it because I was younger, but I'd like to try it again. Just have to be in the right frame of mind.

I've just finished reading Zoo by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge (9/10) and 12-21 by Dustin Thomason (9/10). I love end of the world books and movies and both portrayed the whole theme really well. Especially Zoo; it was so unusual I couldn't stop reading it.

I've decided to start reading the Soul Screamers series again by Rachel Vincent as I just bought the newest addition to the series. It's just as good the second time round of reading it took me a few days to get to the third one.

I'm currently reading Private London by James Patterson.

I can't really form an opinion on it yet, since I just started it, but I've enjoyed all of the previous Private books. (Okay, I think I've only read one, Private Games, but it was good.)

I've just finished reading Zoo by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge (9/10) and 12-21 by Dustin Thomason (9/10). I love end of the world books and movies and both portrayed the whole theme really well. Especially Zoo; it was so unusual I couldn't stop reading it.

I just finished Zoo about a week ago. I really enjoyed it. I thought it had a really unique plot.

I'm going to look into 12-21. I love books like that as well.

I'm still reading The Fellowship of the Ring, but I'm also reading The Song of the Banded Tree Snail and Other Tales of Space Travel by J.E. Glaze.

I just finished Zoo about a week ago. I really enjoyed it. I thought it had a really unique plot.

I'm going to look into 12-21. I love books like that as well.

Definitely read 12-21 if you enjoyed Zoo! I can't find enough end of the world books so if you have any suggestions let me know :)

Currently reading Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. One of the groups I'm in on Goodreads is reading it this month and I decided to join in on the group read this month.

Currently reading Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. One of the groups I'm in on Goodreads is reading it this month and I decided to join in on the group read this month.

My favorite book by my favorite author. I can't count how many times I've read that one.

I've just started reading A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine. My mom told me not to, because I have finals coming up and have to read Jane Eyre next semester... But I don't care. You can't give me books for Christmas and expect me to not read them. :P

I just finished reading The Hobbit and rereading Gail Carson Levine's The Two Princesses of Bamarre, which I haven't read since middle school. Levine and Tamora Pierce are some of my favorite authors.

Step follows step

Hope follows courage

Set your face toward danger

Set your heart on victory.

The Two Princesses of Bamarre, by Gail Carson Levine

I just finished reading The Hobbit and rereading Gail Carson Levine's The Two Princesses of Bamarre, which I haven't read since middle school. Levine and Tamora Pierce are some of my favorite authors.

Step follows step

Hope follows courage

Set your face toward danger

Set your heart on victory.

The Two Princesses of Bamarre, by Gail Carson Levine

What did you think of The Hobbit? It's one of my favorite books.

My favorite book by my favorite author. I can't count how many times I've read that one.

I've just started reading A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine. My mom told me not to, because I have finals coming up and have to read Jane Eyre next semester... But I don't care. You can't give me books for Christmas and expect me to not read them. :P

I've read about 70 pages of Ella Enchanted so far and I am really enjoying it. It is very good. I've read some other books by Gail Carson Levine, I've read three books in the Princess Tales series and Writing Magic: Creating Stories That Fly, which I love.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently reading The Last Apprentice: Curse of the Bane by Joseph Delaney. It's the second book in the series and I'm enjoying it as much as when I read the first one.