The Faerie Festival Has Begun!

hrtbrk

i was gifted the 12 slingshot pack from one of my guild mates, its my first time participating in the NC part of an event so, so far i think the prizes are good look forward to seeing the end prize 

So the prize shops are up. And I am disappoint. There are no new items - it's all just re-releases of old items. Top prize for Illusen is the Illusens Staff but top prize for Jhudora is Jhudoras Cloud Stamp, not her staff. 

Who'd have thought it. Illusens Staff is now officially worth 120 omelettes. This site is absolutely ridiculous.

Illusen: https://items.jellyneo.net/prize-shop-guide/?shop=46

Jhudora: https://items.jellyneo.net/prize-shop-guide/?shop=47&points_left=&sort_by=1&sort_dir=asc

ETA: You can tell how disillusioned I am that I've picked Jhudora because the Staff is now going to drop so dramatically in price, I can buy it from the SW in ten days. Yay. Also, completed my donations in under a minute. What an event! How brilliantly engaging it is! It will make me spend hours on the site! /fullonannoyedsarcasm if nobody has gathered. 

48 minutes ago, berriganify said:

I really feel bad for the people who sunk so much time and effort into doing Illusen's Glade

I just feel really bad point blank. 

Absolute mickey take. IStaff for four minutes or under of effort. I just sold 170 omelettes for 4000np a piece. I'll only need like 300 of them maximum. Got over 700 to sell therefore. And I haven't bothered to look at my other 4 point items.

ETA: Just sold another 130 odd for 5800np. Easiest np ever. Max prize shop and make a fortune on omelettes of all things.

I'm rather irked at the prize pools.  An unbuyable stamp, goodie bag, and set of wings on Judhora's side (not a dark faerie/bad guys sort, so was not wanting to go with her) vs. some battledome stuff when I STILL don't understand how that works, so no idea if worth it, and a bracelet that is buyable?  Were they trying to force people to go dark side, or do they just not care about equality?

Might have to buy some omelettes from you either way, since I hadn't been saving them up, and have no clue what's in my SDB.

Edit:  Donated 4 omelettes from my inventory and got 11 points?  Do they have to be particular omelettes, or am I not understanding this either?  I thought they were the maximum value items.  

41 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

I'm rather irked at the prize pools.  An unbuyable stamp, goodie bag, and set of wings on Judhora's side (not a dark faerie/bad guys sort, so was not wanting to go with her) vs. some battledome stuff when I STILL don't understand how that works, so no idea if worth it, and a bracelet that is buyable?  Were they trying to force people to go dark side, or do they just not care about equality?

Might have to buy some omelettes from you either way, since I hadn't been saving them up, and have no clue what's in my SDB.

Edit:  Donated 4 omelettes from my inventory and got 11 points?  Do they have to be particular omelettes, or am I not understanding this either?  I thought they were the maximum value items.  

It's the opposite - the top battledome price was worth 200million neopoints. It's hugely skewed to Illusens side if you have any interest in the Battledome. 

You need to donate r102+ omelettes: https://items.jellyneo.net/search/?min_rarity=102&max_rarity=150&sort=5 has all 102+ items. The prices are not accurate. I sold omelettes at 5800np each and sold 300 quickly.

I decided to join Jhudora based solely on gallery options. I have all the food Illusen is offering as prizes, but i don't have Container of Purple Liquid. Even though my favorite color is green and I like the Woodland Mortog better than the corresponding Jhudora petpet being hinted at. Ah well. Better get to donating.

38 minutes ago, Secre said:

It's the opposite - the top battledome price was worth 200million neopoints. It's hugely skewed to Illusens side if you have any interest in the Battledome. 

See, this is why I still say I don't understand the battledome stuff at all :D

Thank you.

57 minutes ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

I decided to join Jhudora based solely on gallery options. I have all the food Illusen is offering as prizes, but i don't have Container of Purple Liquid. Even though my favorite color is green and I like the Woodland Mortog better than the corresponding Jhudora petpet being hinted at. Ah well. Better get to donating.

Same re: the petpet, that was the tipping point to joining illusen. Going to try and get it attached to one of my pets at release. :P

24 minutes ago, berriganify said:

Same re: the petpet, that was the tipping point to joining illusen. Going to try and get it attached to one of my pets at release. :P

I'll try to buy one when the event ends. I wonder if the Darigan Gruslen will end up worth more since more people are joining Illusen? I could sell it and get the petpet I prefer if thats the case.

And I already redeemed my points for Container of Purple liquid. I really should have saved all those omelets I had. 

i can understand how some of you are disappointed but for me being the first time experiencing this CC type event it is pretty good. I have never been interested in the IStaff so doesn't bother me one way or the other but i will get some gourmet foods which is awesome :D I just think we need to give TNT a chance they at least got this up and running like they said they would it is better then what i have heard previously of what they have accomplished so maybe instead of always ganging up on them we give them a break and just enjoy it for what it is and see how it goes for the next plot and next faeries festival.

I know i would hate to be staff because it seems it is nothing but bitching and complaining no matter what they try to do. They will never please all of us and what we feel is the right direction.

I chose to see the glass half full then half empty, it can only get better which is better then nothing at all

Well, I'm now a back street omelette dealer. My shop till is looking very healthy. Started selling at 4000np yesterday. Selling at 13,000np today. I bought these things at 200np or under. 

image.png.8610eedafc58f527b5edceecad09b85a.png

19 hours ago, berriganify said:

The petpet is why I picked Jhudora. Loved the little Gruslen.

15 hours ago, Cuddlesoftness said:

i can understand how some of you are disappointed but for me being the first time experiencing this CC type event it is pretty good. I have never been interested in the IStaff so doesn't bother me one way or the other but i will get some gourmet foods which is awesome :D I just think we need to give TNT a chance they at least got this up and running like they said they would it is better then what i have heard previously of what they have accomplished so maybe instead of always ganging up on them we give them a break and just enjoy it for what it is and see how it goes for the next plot and next faeries festival.

I know i would hate to be staff because it seems it is nothing but bitching and complaining no matter what they try to do. They will never please all of us and what we feel is the right direction.

I chose to see the glass half full then half empty, it can only get better which is better then nothing at all

I think the problem is that they hyped this as CC and it isn't CC. CC is unlimited donations and rewards those who work at it. This is everyone gets a gold sticky star for less than a minutes effort a day. If they hadn't hyped it, maybe people wouldn't be so disappointed. But they did. And they told us to keep hoarding our trash. And then they made it so you can only donate 30 items a day, which means omelettes are now currency as they are worth 8 points which is crashing the site worse than unlimited donations as everyone frantically buys and sells omelettes.

We've been waiting three years for Charity Corner. To hype this as 'the best parts of Charity Corner' is absolute nonsense and they deserve all the shade thrown at them. 

I want the gruslen, but I just couldn't join the dark side.  Bleh.

Definitely can't afford that much, and am going with the second tier stuff **rolls eyes so hard they get stuck**  Ugh.  Seeing iffy things about if the staff is worth it or not.  Have seen yes if you do 2 player (I don't) and have seen yes no matter what.  **shrugs** No idea what to think.  Any idea if we can get a thread started later for how to best use the points we get to maximise our profits reselling rewards?

How many days does this last again?   I've found some cheap 6 point items and I'd like to buy out as many as I'll need for the event now before they're all gone.

32 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

I want the gruslen, but I just couldn't join the dark side.  Bleh.

Definitely can't afford that much, and am going with the second tier stuff **rolls eyes so hard they get stuck**  Ugh.  Seeing iffy things about if the staff is worth it or not.  Have seen yes if you do 2 player (I don't) and have seen yes no matter what.  **shrugs** No idea what to think.  Any idea if we can get a thread started later for how to best use the points we get to maximise our profits reselling rewards?

How many days does this last again?   I've found some cheap 6 point items and I'd like to buy out as many as I'll need for the event now before they're all gone.

I've got some trades up for 6 point items - UN selfbetrayal. I've got 10,000 down in wishlist, but feel free to offer whatever you want and I'll accept. I have over a thousand of the things. The event is 9 days but I've prepped for 10 just in case.

The staff is good, but not 200million good. It does between 13.6 and 19 damage with a medium of 16.3. Void Blade does 16 every turn. The big thing is that it blocks all dark damage and reflects 75% of light damage back as dark. Which is nice and certainly worth getting if the price drops enough, but is dependant on the enemy using light or dark attacks! But it is a good attacker and a blocker which is rare.

Feel free to start a thread in the General Neopets Chat section!

1 hour ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

My Faerie Recycling Capsule contained a Baby Usul Morphing Potion today. That was nice. 

Yes that is nice! Here's what I have got so far (yesterday and today's capsule) I'm not impressed, would have been happier with your item.

image.png.1d25d8a5be50eb5e0a114556bb40b486.png

I got a book that my pet won't read (lol) and a jubjub stethoscope.  Keeping the book for now, the other's in my shop.

Edit:  I also got this while waiting for a shop to load so I could buy a cheap (for now) 8 item point I managed to find on the shop wiz.  No, no am I am sadly not.  Holy lag, Batman.  I've been working on this for over 6 hours now.  4 of it was getting the site to load the 50 pages of my SDB because of how laggy this event has made things.  The rest has been clicking and waiting for a minute or so for the page to load.  I was GOING to be working on a cross stitching project I'm making for my boss, but noooo.

image.png.9dfc30d5ae9e7b6595499ed2e4b1e881.png

2 hours ago, GillyTook said:

because of how laggy this event has made things

I thought it was just me. I should have known but I wasn't thinking about everyone else having page loading problems because I haven't seen mention of it. About your book, here's what I have been doing with gourmet foods mine won't eat. On my shop page at the very bottom I have image.png.531f0e5a6c4d7473d17107acc06f8517.png  but I drop the list and more often than not I was using the 2nd language Nederlands and then go to the inventory page and refresh until it would appear in that language .  Then I started to have problems and my pet not always but a lot quit eating food in that language so now I drop to the last language  in the drop down (not really last but the last in the drop without scrolling down further). It's this one if that helps... image.png.54ad5ff180c2c841909ee9f64d9f74ed.png and after that I go to the inventory page and refresh until I am using that language, I feed my pet. This language seems to be working for me and maybe it will for you. If you do this and read the book to your pet please don't forget to go back to the shop and change back to English.  Of course, refresh your shop page then your inventory page. Sometimes I will need to refresh other pages because I keep a lot of neo tabs open at a time. I hope this helps you as much as it helps me.  Of course though you can use any language you want, Nederlands may work quite well for you.

9 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I am a huge idiot.  I somehow managed to search for 4 point items and spent an hour+ today grabbing well over 130 of them from the shop wiz.  Great.  Hope any of the others I was buying in bulk are 8 pointers, but I somehow doubt it.  

You're not an idiot - you'd have been using the previous CC page on JN I assume? From 2020? r98-100 used to be 8 points and r102+ used to be 4 points. They swapped them for this event.