I didn't know this was possible!

enitul

So here's the deal: my Jetsam got sick from apple bobbing and so I hoped the healing springs would... well... heal him. But I only got some hp from that. And after that I went to the grundo plushie, as usual, and got this message: 'Nothing seems to make a Neopet feel better than a soft little plushie, and Koishar is no exception. He is looking better already.' And after that he was cured! So now I was wondering how big the chances of that happening are since I have never seen it before. Anyone any ideas?

4 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I wasn't aware that such could happen but... according to Jellyneo 

image.png.2e18b84ef7b6b769bfe26633d3f43fb2.png

It does happen! :thumbsup:

Of course it does happen. Otherwise I wouldn't have had it. XD But seriously, I've had pretty much all of the other effects before, but never this one. I'm glad it does though. Gives an extra chance to be healed without having to buy the cure. Woohoo! :D

I've had it a few times to be honest. There's a few dailies that can cure your pet but it's rare to happen. Wheel of excitement, Coltzan Shrine, Healing Springs, Grundo Plushie.

Whenever my pet is sick and I can't do my daily battles I'll keep an eye on the reset times of those dailies and just visit them whenever I can.

11 hours ago, enitul said:

Of course it does happen. Otherwise I wouldn't have had it.

MAYBE because you've never visited him with a sick pet before ? 

If your pet is not sick , it won't get cured ...

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

If your pet is not sick , it won't get cured

I dunno, the Healing Springs "cures" you ALL THE TIME when you were at full health already, lol.

But you could well be right about the other places. My guy's definitely been healed by both Coltzan and the Plushie at different times, but only very occasionally. I was gonna say that shows that the Healing Springs works differently, but no, we visit the Springs way more often, don't we.

Wheel of Excitement can also return hit points, not sure if will also cure illness.

I did not know the Plushie could cure illness.

I -have- however been ill with something expensive, used the Wheel of Misfortune to catch something different, then cured the inexpensive illness to end up with a healthy pet.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I dunno, the Healing Springs "cures" you ALL THE TIME when you were at full health already, lol.

But you could well be right about the other places. My guy's definitely been healed by both Coltzan and the Plushie at different times, but only very occasionally. I was gonna say that shows that the Healing Springs works differently, but no, we visit the Springs way more often, don't we.

If your pet is not sick and land on the Healing Faerie on the Wheel of Knowledge , it says "Good job taking care of your pet"

Only the Healing Springs "Heal" your pets when they're not sick  ... but it doesn't  do nothing .. it restores all your HP if you're not sick  ...

I've never seen that. If an illness annoys me, then I'll just buy the cure. I can usually make up the difference with a few flash games or Ghoul Catchers rounds anyway. But I avoid the Apple Bobbing daily in general because of it causing sickness. The rewards of it are rarely good anyway.

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

If your pet is not sick and land on the Healing Faerie on the Wheel of Knowledge , it says "Good job taking care of your pet"

That's cute! I've not seen that because I got the avatar for this wheel relatively quickly and I've not been near it since. ?

12 hours ago, Angeló said:

If your pet is not sick , it won't get cured ...

From all these years of playing I can say that I probably have been there with a sick pet at least a couple of times.

8 hours ago, berriganify said:

it would still be up to rng which result you got though? i dont think that a heal takes priority when your pet is sick (though i wish it did ?)

It would be very interesting to know, wouldn't it! I don't think it does though, I've visited all the Dailies that can heal when my pet's sick often enough, and, well, they haven't. ?