AC XIV Terror Mountain Support Thread - Let It Go!

12 hours ago, AgJu said:

i was only shooting for All-Star status and i'll have that after tomorrow, so yes, my goal is met.

"Only". ? (I'm assuming you mean, compared to what you're usually aiming for? Because I think a loooooooot of people either aim for All-Star or (much) lower.)

4 hours ago, geoterza said:

I just made it to Rank 6! 

I'm happy to see that Terror Mountain is in the top 3 so far, I've never been on a high ranking team before.  I picked Terror Mountain because when I looked at the "Which team will you support?" thread Terror Mountain was the top one.

Congrats! ?

The TDN thread, or a Neopets thread? (Because I don't think the amount of TDN members supporting a team is necessarily a good reflection of that team's total amount of players.)

I'm currently at Rank 12, hoping to reach 13 before the Cup ends. I usually don't really set out with a specific rank in mind, I just see where I end up. It's usually between Rank 11 and 16; I just can't force myself to play more than that (nor do I have the time).

But, go @jellysundae! You can do it! :dance:

5 hours ago, Nielo said:

"Only". ? (I'm assuming you mean, compared to what you're usually aiming for? Because I think a loooooooot of people either aim for All-Star or (much) lower.)

well you're talking to someone who manually quad-maxed everyday, including break days, one year, and who made enough a different year to buy two Eventide paint brushes from the prize shop so....... ?

And @jellysundae , finish your work, dagnabbit! lol

15 minutes ago, AgJu said:

And @jellysundae , finish your work, dagnabbit! lol

Hahaha, I HAVE!!

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/2019/trophy.phtml?username=yantato

?

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

i'll be right there with ya in a couple hours, but for Terror Mountain instead, obvz ?

Edit: http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/2019/trophy.phtml?username=jamqkay

20 hours ago, AgJu said:

well you're talking to someone who manually quad-maxed everyday, including break days, one year, and who made enough a different year to buy two Eventide paint brushes from the prize shop so....... ?

I have to ask: how? I mean, I made All-Star one year, but I only managed to do that because I was unemployed at the time, so I didn't really have anything else to do anyway. I guess I just never understood how there can be enough hours in a day to quad-max. Or how anyone can manage to quad-max without going insane. XD

20 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Niiiiiice! :D

I almost forgot to ask: how about you, @Scoobert_Doo? How are you doing? :smile:

18 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Or how anyone can manage to quad-max without going insane. XD

This is the main thing, isn't it xD All about getting into the zone, I guess. I never thought I'd have the tolerance for maxing out SOSD, but that's turned out to be not that bad. Though right now at 34/401 games in, I'm doubting myself, lol. But it's been like that each time but I've managed it.

But SOSD's the smallest of small beans isn't it, it's just a big deal for me, lol.

9 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

This is the main thing, isn't it xD All about getting into the zone, I guess. I never thought I'd have the tolerance for maxing out SOSD, but that's turned out to be not that bad. Though right now at 34/401 games in, I'm doubting myself, lol. But it's been like that each time but I've managed it.

But SOSD's the smallest of small beans isn't it, it's just a big deal for me, lol.

True, but I think I'd never be able to get into any kind of zone with Make Some Noise. XD
Yeah, I think I can see maxing SOSD. (Not every day though, but every once in a while, when the circumstances are juuuuuust right and I have no work and no other plans either, I might be able to max SOSD. I usually just... don't want to. ?)

23 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I might be able to max SOSD. I usually just... don't want to. ?

Hahaha, yeah. I only manage it because I do it while I'm watching tv.

1 hour ago, Greywindd said:

I don't know how you all do it lol. At a certain point, I find myself zoning out or even falling asleep

Sheer cussedness!! ?

Though now I've hit All-star and I don't have something telling me how many games I need to rank up I'm a little rudderless. I have maxed out SOSD today, but not much YYBing's been happening. :ph34r:

As far as quad-maxxing.....i dunno how it did it. it was five years ago, during Summer, i didn't have school or a job and Terror Mountain was juuuuuuuust starting to gain traction in these things so i felt compelled to go go go and had all the time in the world to do it. I guess i just felt like challenging myself to see if i could and once i did it one day, i had to do it the next and the next and the next, and then when i found out about that Absolute Corruption page that tracks everyone's overall performance and being able to see that i was on top, i then felt compelled to KEEP that.

The max number of games you can send in a day has dropped in the following years....i think back then you could send a max of like 1200 games of SOSD, for example, while this year its 400? There's also a minimum score to hit, so you don't have to play the games ALLLLL the way through, which REALLY helps with Slushie Slinger....i'll post a pic after this and it shows i did FOUR-THOUSAND games of SS; definitely would not be able to do that playing all the way through. Anyway, for SOSD, you only need to score one goal for it to count towards your rank, so even with 1200 games a day, that can be taken care of the quickest, by far. MSN, you just tap the keys til you get about 3000 points, hit space, and send. SS, what you would do is start a game, switch to a different tab to play a handful of games of MSN (or SOSD if you choose) to wait for the initial wave of customers to build up, then fire off those slushies til you hit the min of 285+ and send your score.

YYB was the only game i would play all the way through each time cuz it carries the most weight (or so i feel) and i liked the bonus of seeing how many goals i could score.

All in all, it took me about 12-14 hours a day, for like 30+ days, which is why, even with the lowered max over the years, its not something i plan on doing again anytime soon (to say the least).

The trophy is on my user lookup (AC IX), but here are pics i took just to capture the "glory" lol

P.S. I think Neopets is being poopy again today. Anyone have yesterday's results?

AC9.JPG

AC9-3.JPG

AC9-5.JPG

Can someone enlighten me as to why it says practice/bye day when I send scores? We're very clearly versing teams.

2 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Can someone enlighten me as to why it says practice/bye day when I send scores? We're very clearly versing teams.

I've just played a game of YYB and my score sent ok, hopefully it was just a temporary hiccup before!

@AgJu That's a great accomplishment! :D

I've tried Yooyuball and Shootout Showdown, both of them show this when I send a score:

error.PNG.532ab5d48b5e0a4ea77c27df6bebd77a.PNG

I think I won't play any more during the AC anyway, I was getting burnt out.

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@AgJu That's a great accomplishment! :D

thankies! I'm about to go do my regimen....i'm hoping this score-sending business isn't a problem ?

Yesterday and today, both have teams with a blue character. It is totally messing me up! I keep thinking they are on Terror Mountain! I am so close to All-Star. Should make Rank 19 tonight, and may try to keep playing other games, to get All-Star.

1 hour ago, AgJu said:

thankies! I'm about to go do my regimen....i'm hoping this score-sending business isn't a problem ?

Hopefully it'll be fine, there's been no problems for hours. :D

20 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Yesterday and today, both have teams with a blue character. It is totally messing me up! I keep thinking they are on Terror Mountain! I am so close to All-Star. Should make Rank 19 tonight, and may try to keep playing other games, to get All-Star.

You can do it Scoobs!!! *cheers you on* :dance:

I've have trouble all through the Cup with opponent players that I confused with mine, lol. Playing your team and Darigan was the easiest really because they're easier to indentify. Roo Island's red Lupe KEPT catching me out today because their sprite's more of a pinkish shade and I kept thinking they were Timu and wondering why they weren't responding when I tried getting them to grab the ball. ?

Thank you, @jellysundae! Congratz on making All-Star for Shenkuu! Well, since this is the last day for AC, I have two songs:

Keep going Team Terror Mountain! Thank you, all, for posting!

? You'll come back, next AC, no need to say good-bye?

On 6/27/2019 at 11:49 AM, Nielo said:

Congrats! ?

The TDN thread, or a Neopets thread? (Because I don't think the amount of TDN members supporting a team is necessarily a good reflection of that team's total amount of players.)

It was the TDN thread.  I think only like 10 people had responded at that point, but since I was shooting in the dark anyways on which team to pick I just went with it.  Looks like it worked out this time ?  

How long do you guys think it will be until trophies and prizes come out?

1 hour ago, geoterza said:

It was the TDN thread.  I think only like 10 people had responded at that point, but since I was shooting in the dark anyways on which team to pick I just went with it.  Looks like it worked out this time ?  

How long do you guys think it will be until trophies and prizes come out?

The "Rules" state:

Results will be announced on the 3rd of July and Trophies and Ranks will be awarded based on your performance.

So, until July 3rd, we will have to wait. Then again, it could be July 5th or later, as the Shop seems to "glitch" when first opened, and they have to close it, to fix it.