Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
jellysundae

It's a bye-day, so go on out and play!

Recommended Posts

Did you forget?

I know I certainly did!

But now a bye-day really is just that, buh-bye AC, 'cause no ranking for you!

Caused me much confusion until I see other confused people on the boards asking what was going on and why they couldn't rank up.

Luckily other people remembered that the bye-day rules were changed last year, and now TNT is forcing us to take a day off. ? ?

So enjoy your Sunday everyone!

? ? ? ?⛱️????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lots of people work Sundays, I know traditionally its one of the busiest days of my week.  Whatever day the have the bye day is going to be bad for some people I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it would logistically be impossible, but wouldn't it be great if we could pick our own bye days? Just be forced to pick 3 days where you can't rank up, but you get to schedule them yourself. I guess this 'not being able to rank up' thing was done to protect people from themselves, but as someone who doesn't have much time to play on weekdays and isn't shooting for All-Star anyway, I'm really bummed I can't rank up today. (Also, if you're forced to make rules to protect people from themselves, then maybe the way the tournament is set up is... due for an update?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boards are very salty about this, I maintain that TNT probably did it this way because, heck, it's Sunday. Day off for a lot of people so get away from the computer and have some fun! Makes complete sense to me to have it today.

Though I also completely understand the argument of "but I have today off so I can spend the entire day ranking".

Next Sunday's also a bye-day, but more people will be aware by then so should have planned accordingly.

@Nielo that would be interesting, wouldn't it, as you say not really possible, but what a nice idea! Though . . . knowing Neopians as we do, a pecentage would find some reason to complain about it. :upsidedown:

I don't think things need changing though, it's just the nature of the beast in a competitive situation like this. TNT's being a bit nanny state with forcing us to take a day off but we'll survive. I had been hoping to get through rank 8 today, but as that's 316 games of sosd I'm not exactly sad that it's put off for a day. >_<

I suppose my sole issue with this is having 3 forced rest days is going to have a significant impact on mine (and everyone else's) end rank.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Did you forget?

I know I certainly did!

Did forget? Did I forget???  kougra_baby_pullingface.gif OF COURSE I FORGOT!  kougra_baby_weep.gif I am on the road, trying to help my mom & sister navigate a big city with horrible parking (Chicago). I just played SL (which I DE-test :grrr: ) and ended the game past 300 and freaked out when the # of games did NOT change :ohno01:! I am only on Rank 4 :crying_anim: and I don't see how I'll make it to All-star without these Jelly Days being in our favor. wocky_grey_sit.gif I better sit down for this! kougra_grey_sit.gif I guess it's NOT the end of my virtual world.  zafara_flying.gifI'll just have to turn this around. :medieval: Isn't a Skirmish going on... thanks for the Reminder, jellysundae! zafara_waving.gif Bye AC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss when the bye-days allowed us to play for personal rank. Frankly, I usually used them to try and catch up. I think a compromise, would be to allow us to play, not for rank, but for Prize Shop Points. Even if one reaches All-Star, the points are not usually enough to buy the most expensive item(s) in the prize shop. You'd have to keep playing beyond All-Star, which kind of defeats the term "All-Star" imho.

I'm currently rank 5, With 108 games/wins in YYB. Despite the relatively low number of games played, I've scored 1,341 total goals. Over 1000 with Maraqua's forward. I just 1) don't have a ton of time to devote to YYB, and 2) I can't sit for as long as I used to when I was younger. lol

Anyway, I would love it if scores started counting for extra prize points, or ANYTHING. Because as far as I know, there is no difference in the AC between a game of YYB that scores 1-0, vs one that scores 16-0. Except maybe to help boost the lead goal-scorers from each team in the goals per game average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Anyway, I would love it if scores started counting for extra prize points, or ANYTHING. Because as far as I know, there is no difference in the AC between a game of YYB that scores 1-0, vs one that scores 16-0. Except maybe to help boost the lead goal-scorers from each team in the goals per game average.

From what I gather from the neoboards, sending higher scores is better for your Team. (Not just higher Yooyuball scores, but high side-games scores as well.) However, since we don't really know how scores (not game scores, but the Team standings) are calculated, and the Teams with the ACGs and ASGs usually win anyway, I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always heard that it's best for your team to have as wide a margin as possible between your goals scored and your opponents. I'm hoping that I'm helping my team despite my only playing sosd, as the majority of my scores are the highest, and sometimes even the highest time bonus too. Sending a score like that surely has to count more than sending a really low one.

*thinks*

I think what people say is if all you're interested in is your own rank then rubbish game scores can be sent. BUT, as you can't just quit a game part way through and send a score once you're earned the minimum, why not play for better, you know? And sending rubbish scores can't exactly being done with impunity because it WILL have a negative impact on your team's standing so you're gonna miss out that way, and so's the rest of your team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, Angeló said:

but why is it on a SUNDAY when most people are off and ready to play !!

not to mention they started the Cup on Monday

I am in agreement with you here.  I was hoping to spend a few hours ranking up. 

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:41 AM, phill said:

lots of people work Sundays, I know traditionally its one of the busiest days of my week.  Whatever day the have the bye day is going to be bad for some people I suppose.

So then, with THIS theory, those people who are working on Sunday usually have other days during the week to rank up while those of us who work don't, & depend on this day.  I don't think they should have the bye week on Sunday EVERY week.  They should change it up, like they used to.  That way, it gives people who work weekends time to play during the week and vice versa.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, Aquamentis12 said:

I miss when the bye-days allowed us to play for personal rank. Frankly, I usually used them to try and catch up. I think a compromise, would be to allow us to play, not for rank, but for Prize Shop Points. Even if one reaches All-Star, the points are not usually enough to buy the most expensive item(s) in the prize shop. You'd have to keep playing beyond All-Star, which kind of defeats the term "All-Star" imho.

I'm currently rank 5, With 108 games/wins in YYB. Despite the relatively low number of games played, I've scored 1,341 total goals. Over 1000 with Maraqua's forward. I just 1) don't have a ton of time to devote to YYB, and 2) I can't sit for as long as I used to when I was younger. lol

Anyway, I would love it if scores started counting for extra prize points, or ANYTHING. Because as far as I know, there is no difference in the AC between a game of YYB that scores 1-0, vs one that scores 16-0. Except maybe to help boost the lead goal-scorers from each team in the goals per game average.

The goals you score DO help your team.  So, if you score 16-0 you have scored 16 yyb points for your team's daily score. and if you scored 16-3, you score 13 yyb points for your team's daily score.  Those points are averaged to come up with the winning team's score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yes 3 BYE-DAYS IN A ROW, don't you just "love" it? :lmaosmiley:

:axehead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This fills me with wrath, tbqh. The rules say "the third practice break of 2 days will be at the end of Round 1." Why would they change it??? Without telling us in advance??? 

There go my hopes of making double All Star, unless they tack an extra day on at the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree. This was going to be the first time I reached all-star. I was disappointed that it would be interrupted by a practice day, but it was still something I could do within my time limit. I was quite shocked to find out today was another practice day. There's no way I can make it to all-star now. Ugh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@midnight_spell360 Well, according to the apparently untrustworthy rules page, the last day of play is June 29th. So starting from tomorrow, it would be four days. 

But like I said, I'm expecting (probably in vain) that they'll add an extra day to the tournament, and it will continue through the 30th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm feeling they really must extend the tournament after doing this.

I'm not going near Board 7 today, I can only imagine people's reactions and I've no wish to immerse myself in that. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jellysundae I was riled up enough this morning to venture over there and take a peek, and people are surprisingly calm? There seem to be two camps: (1) we will be given an extra day at the end to make up for today, and (2) FL is going to be removed from the final bracket because of the cheaters, and so only four days of play will be needed to complete the bracket [although this completely discounts the lower two brackets, who would still need five days to play all the way through...]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kayahtik said:

There seem to be two camps: (1) we will be given an extra day at the end to make up for today, and (2) FL is going to be removed from the final bracket because of the cheaters,

And these 2 camps - that second one in particular! - both stem from the "creating facts out of thin air" Neoboards skill?

I'm not even gonna take a guess at what will actually happen, I know better. >_< I HOPE for an extension, but, well, yeah. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

And these 2 camps - that second one in particular! - both stem from the "creating facts out of thin air" Neoboards skill?

Yes, the absolutely do! Board 7 is particularly good at that skill. 

My money is on an extension as well, at least out of those two options. But I wouldn't be entirely surprised if TNT just screwed us out of one of our playing days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Yes, the absolutely do! Board 7 is particularly good at that skill. 

My money is on an extension as well, at least out of those two options. But I wouldn't be entirely surprised if TNT just screwed us out of one of our playing days. 

They are, aren't they?! Budding journalists or politicians, the lot of 'em! ?

An extension really makes SENSE. But we all know that TNT and sense are often two mutually exclusive things, so yeah. :arrowhead:

So I'd not be at all surprised if we lost out on a day either.

All I want to to get a chance to get to Rank 15 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reason board 7 is relatively calm is that the news had already mentioned that the tournament would resume on the 26th, so people kinda saw it coming. (I was hoping they'd be wrong though; this is just far too many bye days in a row!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any theories on this 1106.pngWell I was expecting the BONUS Point Yooyu Ball emblem is on it and that the Green Kacheek pops up with the message:

It's Bonus Time! When you play Shootout Showdown today, each score you submit will be worth more than its usual value! Make the most of it, since the opposing team surely will... but today is a Practice/Jelly Day jelly_shoyru_bounce.gif ??? :laughingsmiley:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nielo said:

I think the reason board 7 is relatively calm is that the news had already mentioned that the tournament would resume on the 26th, so people kinda saw it coming. (I was hoping they'd be wrong though; this is just far too many bye days in a row!)

Yeah I did see speculation about that and people hoping it was a typo, lol.

27 minutes ago, midnight_spell360 said:

 

It's Bonus Time! When you play Shootout Showdown today, each score you submit will be worth more than its usual value! Make the most of it, since the opposing team surely will... but today is a Practice/Jelly Day  ??? :laughingsmiley:

Yeah tell me about it! THAT really irritated me. >_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...