Day 12 - Dungeon Dash

hrtbrk

Do not be immediately discouraged by AAA's score!

• Use space bar to jump over blocks of 1 or 2. Use your mouse to click the power ups in the bottom left for the corresponding obstacle on the course.
  • Our guide tells you what you will need for each level so it may be a good idea to play the game in the Large pop-out and have the guide side by side.
  • You should reach his score half way through level 4 (Ice Cream Machine level).
  • The first three levels are pretty easy once you play them a few times, the 4th may take a few attempts depending on the layout you get for that level.

While looking at my high score of just over 800 points I was a bit worried about not being able to reach AAA's score. After reading our guide and using Abigail I beat AAA's score after only about 20 minutes.

Do like hrtbrk suggested above and you should be just fine! :D

I didn't even touch the mouse. I used xcvb for the items. Remember, you don't need to push the right arrow, he or she runs automatically. So basically I had both of my hands close together, left on xcv and my right on space bar and later on b. I had the score right at the end of level 3, just before the ice cream level, playing with AAA.

I didn't read the guide, but I used the shovel when I passed the left edge of the block before the one I needed to clear. Jumping I did as late as possible so I wouldn't bump into the block above. At the Turmac Roll level I would just right before the tree.  I used the bubble at the mud spots.

9 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

LOL I think I'll need the guide for this one! I must've played it just to try it once, because my score is a pathetic 122! LOL Oh well, that's something for tomorrow. XD

I was in the exact same situation (and I do mean exact, my high score was 122 as well), but after a few practice runs I got AAA's score. I think it took me less than 20 minutes, so I'm sure you can do it too! :D

Does anyone have recommendations for playing as Abigail or AAA? Do they function differently aside from moving to the next level at different times? 

3 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Does anyone have recommendations for playing as Abigail or AAA? Do they function differently aside from moving to the next level at different times? 

I had better luck with Abigail, but others alternate each time so I don't think it really matters. I tried Abigail after a few runs with AAA and did better with her so decided to just stick with her.

I ended up playing with AAA so that I could get the needed score by the end of level 3 and just barely made it. Those flying ice cream cones in level 4 took me out almost immediately. 

abigail is supposedly a little fitter so she runs a little faster, but since she can only get 800 points max per level, you'll have to still play a little bit of level 4 which is where the real challenge starts IMO

AAA can get 1000 points each level so if you get past level 3 you're good. As duma mentioned, in level 1 use the shovel when you're at the block BEFORE the one that needs to be discarded, if you time it just right, it won't even slow you down. Same with the jumps, jump at the right time so you don't hit your head against the one above. There's no reason to be slowed down at all in level 1 

for level two, again as duma suggested use the bubble thing when you're going through mud, that way you won't slow down. 

For level three, I personally don't see the need to use the shovel, or the bubble. you can jump over two blocks with a normal jump, which I think is faster than the spring. If you have to jump over three blocks use the spring. I personally jumped off blocks as well, sometimes hopping from one high stack to an other, which saved me time as well. 

at level four you should have a bit of a head start over the baddie, so it's better to wait a little bit for an overhead ice cream to pass than to lose a life. it also becomes obvious in level 4 that you can't use two power ups at once ( at least I couldn't manage it ) so think it through and don't panic, feel free to take a bit of time. 

It becomes complicated because you have to use bubble, spring, hat and shield in level four, so playing with AAA is probably better because honestly, level 4 is where the challenge starts. 

Kept getting "caught" in the Ice Cream level with Abi with scores between 2400-2800. Tried AAA a couple of times, just to see. Managed a score of 3011 on my 2nd or 3rd! So I beat AAA today, WITH AAA! LOL AAA's levels seem longer and a bit harder. Plus like the guide said, he needs to spring over the larger hills in the Turmac Roll area. Something interesting, in the tips part of the guide, Konata talks about using the bubble after the spring for a little boost of speed. I tried combining the tips, holding down the Bubble-button and the right arrow button and it seemed like I was moving a little bit faster than when I was only holding down the Right arrow key. But since I'm pretty inexperienced with this game, it might just be my imagination.

47 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Kept getting "caught" in the Ice Cream level with Abi with scores between 2400-2800. Tried AAA a couple of times, just to see. Managed a score of 3011 on my 2nd or 3rd! So I beat AAA today, WITH AAA! LOL AAA's levels seem longer and a bit harder. Plus like the guide said, he needs to spring over the larger hills in the Turmac Roll area. Something interesting, in the tips part of the guide, Konata talks about using the bubble after the spring for a little boost of speed. I tried combining the tips, holding down the Bubble-button and the right arrow button and it seemed like I was moving a little bit faster than when I was only holding down the Right arrow key. But since I'm pretty inexperienced with this game, it might just be my imagination.

You don't need to hold down the Right arrow key. They run automatically. I did it too at first, but didn't had enough hands to hold the arrow AND use items, noticed then that the arrow isn't doing anything.