my newest NT article

Angeló

The NT just published my latest article : 

15 Cutest Petpets For Less Than 5000 NP

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=570514&issue=733

but I'm angry with CQ - The editor - because I asked her twice and very nicely to add images of the petpets .. yet she didn't ..

Great article! Very informative and I am considering suggesting to my friend who has a Vandagyre to get a Sparky as his petpet from reading your article.  :woot:  I liked that you mentioned that some petpets give you an avatar (just forgot about the Gruslen, but that's perfectly fine-bc you gave so much info, I couldn't be that organized & have it well-written). I do hope the editor will revise it with the pictures you wanted, since most players skim over articles and pictures tend to attract their attention. Even without the pictures, it was a great read and very helpful!  :laughingsmiley:  Can I get your autograph, Angelo? You totally rock, dude.  :rock: Happy Gaming everyone!

it is my fault apparently 

i shouldve included URLs of the images with my submission

i NMed CQ to fix it .. lets hope she does

Ah, well that's not so bad then :) Let's indeed hope she does.:D

Well, as a "seasoned" Neopet player, I could picture just about every petpet you mentioned. I'm sure other "seasoned" players could, too. If I was a new player, I'd go looking for a picture, or on the SW to find one. In any case, a nice, informative article. Having the pictures would have been nice, but, overall, I don't think it hurt, without them. It gives someone something to investigate for themselves. And who knows, in that process, they might find that perfect petpet for their pet, that they may not have found without your article.

Congratulations on the article!  It was really helpful to me, and I found two more petpets that I would love to own.

I do hope CQ can correct and add the pics, but I just looked them up and "fell in love"  :)

Well, as a "seasoned" Neopet player, I could picture just about every petpet you mentioned. I'm sure other "seasoned" players could, too. If I was a new player, I'd go looking for a picture, or on the SW to find one. In any case, a nice, informative article. Having the pictures would have been nice, but, overall, I don't think it hurt, without them. It gives someone something to investigate for themselves. And who knows, in that process, they might find that perfect petpet for their pet, that they may not have found without your article.

That's totally true, but purely from an aesthetics point of view any article looks better with pictures to break up the text. I'm speaking from a purely selfish point of view, I'll admit, lol. I have cognitive problems and my brain struggles big time to read chunks of text on a screen, something/everything about the way the NT articles are set up makes them hard for me to read in the first place. I think it's that there's not enough white space; tiny margins and everything seems all small and scrunched up together.

Nice article~ Dang, I remember when the Hasee was huuuge... wonder why they decided to make such rare items obtainable from dailies?  :sad02:

TNT/JS got collectively dropped on their heads. :ph34r:

Not even being snide saying that. If you own a game website, and need multiple things that give people a reason to keep coming back - and quest/collectable items are a BIG one of those things - then starting giving away said items in dailies/BD etc. is truly idiotic.

TNT/JS got collectively dropped on their heads. :ph34r:

Not even being snide saying that. If you own a game website, and need multiple things that give people a reason to keep coming back - and quest/collectable items are a BIG one of those things - then starting giving away said items in dailies/BD etc. is truly idiotic.

Yeah... usually I try to see things from the other perspective but logically/economically the decision just makes no sense at all. t.t

Yup! Sadly, we're never going to get to back someone into a corner and get them to tell us why they did/do this, so we have to just go right on thinking they're thoughtless idiots. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Update :

CQ added in the images after I NM'ed her .. she even NM'ed me back and was very nice abt it 
 smiley.png

Here's the link again , it looks much better now 

Update :

CQ added in the images after I NM'ed her .. she even NM'ed me back and was very nice abt it  smiley.png

Here's the link again , it looks much better now 

It sure does! Looks great! Glad CQ was so helpful.