What would YOU base a Charity Corner event on?

jellysundae

In the charity corner thread I jokingly said that the next one should be to help the Meridell farmers and we'll need to donate dung, just because that's a junk item that just about everyone gets rid of. Maybe it's a concept that really could work though, albeit for a totally douchebag charity corner, at least :laughingsmiley: Just consider the other kinds of things that are used to make fertiliser: seaweed, fish, bonemeal, wood that's breaking down, crops that are past their best...you see where I'm going here?  :shiftyeyes_anim: All the stuff that ends up on the money tree because no-one wants it. Imagine if you suddenly gained prizes for donating quantities of these things in an event, it'd be uproar  :laughingsmiley: 

So yeah, what concept would you guys use for your own charity corner? Be it a nice one, or a totally passive aggressive one like mine :woot:

I wouldn't pick a specific item pool, because I think that's what deters a lot of people from being able to participate since inflation happens 30 minutes after the event releases.

How i would set it up, is have it be a machine that you chuck in 5 items of the same or similar rarity to get an item of that rarity back. The 5 items you put into the machine poops out a new item :D

I agree with hrtbrk. I think if I were to have a choice over the item it would be a HUGE spectrum of things. Maybe a certain color or all items of a certain rarity, just so that people (like me who work the 3rd shift) get a chance to donate the more valuable items and not lose them all so close to the event starting. 

If I had known this was starting I would of closed my shop down! lol I lost so many r90 items due to the inflation, grinds my gears haha

I wouldn't pick a specific item pool, because I think that's what deters a lot of people from being able to participate since inflation happens 30 minutes after the event releases.

How i would set it up, is have it be a machine that you chuck in 5 items of the same or similar rarity to get an item of that rarity back. The 5 items you put into the machine poops out a new item :D

I agree with hrtbrk. I think if I were to have a choice over the item it would be a HUGE spectrum of things. Maybe a certain color or all items of a certain rarity, just so that people (like me who work the 3rd shift) get a chance to donate the more valuable items and not lose them all so close to the event starting. 

If I had known this was starting I would of closed my shop down! lol I lost so many r90 items due to the inflation, grinds my gears haha

Yeah, this is why I said my concept would be a douchebag event, lol. I don't have the brain power to dream up an idea that would utilise a nice wide range of items neatly. Maybe there could be a natural disaster of some kind in a part of Neopia, so food and building materials and clothes would be needed, that might work. It's an interesting idea to have an event that needed items grouping by colour though, that appeals to me :D

A Neopian Museum focusing on items r.90 or higher. A museum typically has different wings, so you could donate to all sorts of themes: art, stained glass windows, instruments, clothing, books, weapons... the list would be endless. 

A Neopian Museum focusing on items r.90 or higher. A museum typically has different wings, so you could donate to all sorts of themes: art, stained glass windows, instruments, clothing, books, weapons... the list would be endless. 

Ooh! I really like this idea! Inject a nice bit of culture :D

I think Battledome weapons would be a good one, espescially since there's a bunch of dailies that give a lot of them out.  I think it would be great to mix it up and have it be a semi-regular thing to go along with the Obelisk War.  I'd put a limit on how many times people could donate a day and limit the prize pool more to keep things from getting too crazy.  It wouldn't hurt to reduce the price of some really expensive battledome items a bit by putting more into circulation, and I think people that battle could use the encouragement to stick with the website.

The Neopets PetPet Preservation - a place (land) to protect petpets. You could donate all of the petpets you get as Battledome prizes, etc. Plus, protect poor Warfs from Faeries - why do they need them for their spell quests? I know I could sell them in my shop, but I'd donate them for a chance of other items/rare items.

EDIT: Neopets Recycling Center - I was thinking of a paper recycling center, as I have many TCG cards from the Battledome, too, but why not make the Recycling Center a permanent place where you could donate your items, like the Charity Corner, but any items in the same rarity range, like hrtbrk said. And why not have it where you could do it every day, instead of just once a year? You could have the machine there, as hrtbrk smartly suggested. I think it would benefit all and wouldn't cause crazy inflation, like the once a year events do. Heck, they could even make an event or plot out of it.

EDIT: Neopets Recycling Center - I was thinking of a paper recycling center, as I have many TCG cards from the Battledome, too, but why not make the Recycling Center a permanent place where you could donate your items, like the Charity Corner, but any items in the same rarity range, like hrtbrk said. And why not have it where you could do it every day, instead of just once a year? You could have the machine there, as hrtbrk smartly suggested. I think it would benefit all and wouldn't cause crazy inflation, like the once a year events do. Heck, they could even make an event or plot out of it.

A recycling centre would be great, especially if you could get new items for giving large amounts of goods. Like a metal BD weapon in exchange for several hundred tin cans, things like that. Yeah, I really like the idea of recycling :D