Charity Corner Goals

NeoLover854

What's everybody's goal for the Charity Corner this year? Last year was a guessing game and free for all. Does anybody this year have a specific donating goal or strategy?

Last year I didn't do much since there wasn't a donating cap, there's not one this year either but last year gives a little bit of insight to how it's going to work. This year I'm aiming for 100 donations a day, and I've been donating r89 books that cost about 1k each. How is everyone else doing it?

I'm a little bummed about charity corner to be honest. Well, maybe not charity corner itself so much as the fact that my neat-freakishness extends to having a tidy SDB... I forgot all about this event and didn't prepare at all. I donated 3 times total lol. Well, looks like I'll be saving EVERYTHING from now on - I'd have liked a stamp or something!!

I'm the same way. I don't keep anything in my SDB except codestones and Nerkmids and things like that. I can't stand not having a clean SDB. Plus I always seem to prepare by collecting the wrong things. :) I just stopped and figured I'd buy whatever the event needed when I got there. If you're still looking for stamps from the Charity Corner event, try getting some r89 books and donating. I can't say for sure, but that's mostly what I've done and I've gotten about five or six stamps of different rarities and prices.

Also, I donated some r90 and up items and got a Lab Ray Stamp, I can't remember what rarity they were exactly, but it was toward the high end, r95 and up I think. I've spent a total of about 3 mil so far on the Charity Corner this year, and it's only been going for three days!

but last year gives a little bit of insight to how it's going to work.

I've donated 100 times, should I aim for giving a load more then? This is my first charity corner event so I don't know what I should be trying for.

I think I'm going to try for 100 as well. Nice round number. Unfortunately, since the reward format has changed, we're kind of in the dark when it comes to trophies and the avatar. 

Going from past experience with event participation-type avvies, TNT doesn't usually make us work horribly hard for them. Sometimes all you have to do is participate at any point during the event (in this case, make at least one donation), sometimes you have to do a minimum amount of work. They see how items get crazy inflated during this event, so I honestly would be surprised if the requirement for the avatar is to donate more than 10 times. But again, many things have changed around the site, so they may have harder requirements this time around. 

As for the trophies, I'd be surprised if the thresholds didn't go into the hundreds, or even thousands, judging by the amount of donations people made during the last CC event. 

True, especially since this is Jumpstart. They haven't done many events since they made the transition.

Last year the Charity Corner event was different, and indluded asking for specific items AND having a prize for the people who donated the most. http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/charity/

At the end of the toy drive, Granny Hopbobbin sent out neomails to everyone who donated at least once.

Donated 1 - 2099 times

"Your participation in the Charity Corner event this holiday season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so delighted with your generosity that she personally sends her congratulations, along with 150 NC and 2000 NP. You have made an old Acara very happy."

Donated 2100+ times

"You made the top 10 Most Generous Neopians list! Granny Hopbobbin was amazed by your generosity during this Toy Drive. She thought it best to send a special congratulations, along with 1000 NC and 10,000 NP. She admires your energy, young Neopian!"

This year I didn't notice any mention of a prize for whoever donated the most, and there's no specific item requests. I was just going to donate around 100 times a day, since the donation frame last year was around 2100 times for the absolute best prize.

Honestly, it's probably going to be a lot less this year, but I'd hate to have a chance to do more and miss out just because I'm not sure.

I've donated 50+ times with R90+ items, spent around 10 mil...   and i got NOTHING over 500K other than a few plushies worth supposedly like 10mil. Which im going to have a really hard time selling :/ if at all.   I was trying to get stamps for my collection, but i guess not this time. 

"Donated 2100+ times

"You made the top 10 Most Generous Neopians list! Granny Hopbobbin was amazed by your generosity during this Toy Drive. She thought it best to send a special congratulations, along with 1000 NC and 10,000 NP. She admires your energy, young Neopian!"

When you think about it, 1000 NC and 10,000 NP is a really low prize, considering all the millions of NP spent by anyone who donated 2100 times!  I realize that they also received a random item, but after the inflation, I doubt they ended up ahead.

Having checked the current price of the Mystery of the Kougra Paw (cheapest ones now are 273, they were 100 2 days ago) I'm not going to buy any more books. I'm off to fight Donny in the BD as he has 5 books that you can win, so I'll stick with him until this ends. I'm only going to use any freebies that I get now.

I'm interested though, to see how many additional donations I manage to achieve before the event ends. I'm also very interested to see what the SW price for the Kougra Paw ends up at as the ones from inactive shops slowly get bought up!

Hmm! After reading up in the Battlepedia, I got the Ghost Lupe as a challenger, there's 7 books that I can win from him :woot:

Good luck everyone else, with hitting your own targets :D

My goal for this event as it's rather unknown what the requirements for the avatar and trophy are is to donate 100 times and then be done with it. Hopefully that will get me at least the avatar and a participation trophy. Personally the avatar is more important than the trophy right now. Good luck to all!

I wasn't going to do it but I've got sucked into it. Donated 14 times so far, going to aim for 100. 

I'm currently sticking at r89 items and so far only 1 prize has been worth less than what I paid for the 5 items. I'm debating whether it's worth going all out and blowing 500k on some r99 books in the hope of getting a stamp. Help? I can't decide! 

Just seen this on the neoboards, thought I'd share for anybody who just wants to get their donations up and doesn't care so much about the prizes. 

http://www.neopets.com/generalstore.phtml?store_type=

The Big Blue Blumaroo Book for 83np. The cheapest on SSW is 200np. I've also checked on JN in the clothes, school and books categories. I know JN prices aren't accurate during CC but every item listed as under 85np is r101 or retired. So I think buying this book from the general store is the cheapest way of donated loads of times. 

My goals have changed. Going to aim for a few hundred donations using that book and buy whatever r89s I can for under 1k each and see what I get. 

Edit: Actually the prizes from using that book aren't bad. I've just donated 60 of them which cost me just under 5k. The 12 items I got I've put in my shop and they total about 13k. So it's an OK profit, as long as they sell, which hopefully they will as most were food or books. 

My goal is 500 for now, we'll see when I make it there, past 200 already. I'm hoping 500 is safe enough for the avatar, but who knows, I guess I'll keep going. But the books are getting pricey, I can't believe books that use to only be worth 1 np are now worth more than 200 np, sooooo weeeird lol

I donated 10 times from stuff in my sdb and I got a ballerina quiguki, which is awesome. Now I'm only gonna donate items I get from dailies or the battledome. I don't care too much about a trophy or avatar. I like to participate at least a few times, if I get something cool, if not, no big deal. I can't afford to spend an exuberant amount of np on these items and frankly, even if I could, I wouldn't want to. That being said for me, best of luck to everyone with their goals!

"Donated 2100+ times

When you think about it, 1000 NC and 10,000 NP is a really low prize, considering all the millions of NP spent by anyone who donated 2100 times!  I realize that they also received a random item, but after the inflation, I doubt they ended up ahead.

If each object cost 1K then they would have spent 10.5 Mil... Not worth it for me as I don't have nearly that amount (would love the 1000NC though!!)

I have reached my goal of 100 donations and I'm done wasting my time with this event. I've donated 500 items to the cause. I'm expecting and avatar and at least a bronze trophy depending on what they have the requirements set on and what past trends have been. Good luck to everyone!

I think I've donated about 35 times in total. I donated what I had in my SDB and I don't think I'll bother buying items to donate. Especially not r90-99 ones, haha.

I'm hoping there will be a participation trophy, but if not, I guess I can't complain :P

I've donated 320 times.  Most of those were a day or so after the event started.  I felt like it was most worth it to donate r80-89 items as long as they were under 350np, since I was making enough of a profit to be worth the time.  I still have some stuff I put in my SDB, but I'm not going to be buying anything else.  I also have some r90-99 stuff I plan on selling before the event is over.

This wasn't exactly a goal, but I was hoping for some cool SHH to come from all the navigating around in shops and so on, and I was not disappointed!! :O

RqbqIvr.png

2 million according to jellyneo :rock:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. This board is for Charity Corner goals only.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.