Are neofriends still a thing?

I had a bunch of neofriends, but all of them don't go on anymore so I never see them :( I think there still are many communities and groups though but I feel like its hard to get assimilated because they all already know each other so well. Maybe I'm just awkward :P

I still have a lot of neofriends as well. I'm on every day, so feel free to Neofriend me. The Neofriend listing has been down for months- dare I say a year? That seems like the real problem to me.

I have quite a few neofriends as well and I also miss the online notification.  It seems "lonely" without my friends.  I would know as soon as one of them got online and we could chat back and forth.  Now, I never know when my friends are online.  For some reason, I am not sure why, Angelo's Avatar shows up, ALL THE TIME.  Not sure if he is always online or it is just always there.  One day, quite a while ago, it just popped up.  I thought, "YES!! The friends notification is back on!"  But it was only his and it hasn't gone away.  Like now, he has the ninja avie 

Neofriends (Beta!) question_mark.png These Neofriends are currently online! 

ninjakiko.gif
Online for:

» Neomail
transparent_spacer.gif

Sorry Angelo.  IDK why only his shows up, but I really miss it.  But i am not as lonely with my friend Angelo with me. :ph34r:

I have neofriends, but I don't really like chatting or interacting that much because I am not good with back and forth conversation or keeping up. Mostly, I just think it's nice if someone asks to be my friend, so I accept and then I will see if they have played a game I've played, haha.

I have quite a few neofriends as well and I also miss the online notification.  It seems "lonely" without my friends.  I would know as soon as one of them got online and we could chat back and forth.  Now, I never know when my friends are online.  For some reason, I am not sure why, Angelo's Avatar shows up, ALL THE TIME.  Not sure if he is always online or it is just always there.  One day, quite a while ago, it just popped up.  I thought, "YES!! The friends notification is back on!"  But it was only his and it hasn't gone away.  Like now, he has the ninja avie 

Neofriends (Beta!) question_mark.png These Neofriends are currently online! 

ninjakiko.gif

Online for:

» Neomail

transparent_spacer.gif

Sorry Angelo.  IDK why only his shows up, but I really miss it.  But i am not as lonely with my friend Angelo with me. :ph34r:

Haha! Angelo's the only one showing on my list too, though I've only got 5 Neofriends I think. Angelo's scared the others away :O

Also, I'm not missing the delicious irony of someone with the ninja avatar being the only one visible xD

The sidebar module for online Neofriends is not always accurate, it's been a bit buggy since the server move. Mine only shows the same 2 neofriends, but their avatars do change when the account holder selects a different one. Also there's a feature that allows you to be stealthy and you won't show up in the sidebar at all if you have that selected in your preferences.

I used to use it, but I honestly can't remember the last time I saw anyone actually ON it. I think all my old friends stopped playing, and somewhere along the line I think most of the people I interacted with were through forums, so I never added them as neofriends!

I have more Neofriends now than I ever did in the past. Except for a family member, they're all people I've met through TDN and I can't imagine not having them. I don't frequently use NM with them, but I like to check out their customizations and ULs once in awhile, as well as randomly gifting for their galleries and such. Without them as NFs, it'd be a lot harder to keep track of everyone.

I dont have any neofriends this time around. I had a few when I first started years ago but they've all drifted away from the site and IRL. I'm pretty awkward as well and I'm not always on so I'm not sure what I'd contribute as a neofriend I guess? Social anxiety FTW. It would make playing a little less lonely though, especially if they fixed the sidebar thingy.

I tried to start up with Neofriends (never got into them until now) But they don't seem to be working. (either that or just no one I know is ever on)

When I started playing neopets (long time ago, around 10 years) I felt that neofriends were a thing, I joined a spanish guide and there were contests and all that. I really enjoyed the chat with them all but right now I don't have any NF and I feel like they are not really a thing anymore (or not my thing). I mean, I can still play and enjoy my time on the site, even with "no contact" with other people.  :mellow:

When neofriends was up it was a huge thing that was keeping the community connected and keeping players on the edge of leaving to stay, much like it is with other games for me, if the game becomes (I only come on to talk to my friends) I will end up quitting eventually, but with the neofriend section being completely useless now, it got rid of all the people who were staying for their friends.

It's actually quite depressing, I'm slowly seeing less of the people I saw every day on the RS & Chat boards, and more new people. I feel that eventually there will only be people talking when they are trying to sell something, and no interaction and then it will just die down.

I really don't see how Jumpstart doesn't see that neopets was always a neofriend oreiented part of the game, you customize your pet and to get those items you have to interact with friends, if we stress that fixing the neofriend section of the site might boost their sales for the NC MALL, MAY be the only way to get them to SADLY. x.x

I had a bunch of neofriends, but all of them don't go on anymore so I never see them :( I think there still are many communities and groups though but I feel like its hard to get assimilated because they all already know each other so well. Maybe I'm just awkward :P

we should start a group of awkward outcasts. ha!

I find using neofriends strange now.. especially without habi!

I have neofriends, but I don't really like chatting or interacting that much because I am not good with back and forth conversation or keeping up. Mostly, I just think it's nice if someone asks to be my friend, so I accept and then I will see if they have played a game I've played, haha.

I dont have any neofriends this time around. I had a few when I first started years ago but they've all drifted away from the site and IRL. I'm pretty awkward as well and I'm not always on so I'm not sure what I'd contribute as a neofriend I guess? Social anxiety FTW. It would make playing a little less lonely though, especially if they fixed the sidebar thingy.

As someone who is good at awkwardness and social anxiety, and very bad at making conversation, I'm adding you all.  :thumbsup: Even though I probably won't make conversation, I find it secretly soothing to have neofriends...

As someone who is good at awkwardness and social anxiety, and very bad at making conversation, I'm adding you all.  :thumbsup: Even though I probably won't make conversation, I find it secretly soothing to have neofriends...

This seems like a deal. Awkward penguins unite! I guess I'm making some neofriends tonight...  :woot:

Neofriends?  I don't know, I haven't even tried to look at it in months and didn't even know it was gone. Neofriends themselves mostly end up just disappointing me and are highly susceptible to rumors and drama.  I'm better off on my own.  Most are usually on Stealth anyway and I wouldn't know if they were on, lurking, or just plain gone.  I just feel I don't need it.  Who needs to be disappointed and sad?

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to be Neofriends with someone as well! I used to be so close to people, but because I'm not active 100% of the time it becomes difficult to keep in touch. If you don't mind sporadic Neomails, then please add me :D