Ian

Thanks for the vote of confidence I will keep trying .. sigh

I am trying to work out which game avatar to go for next Im really not at all good at games but Im keen to get more avatars so will have to just stick it out and work hard, .. question is, which to start with???

off to do some refreshing

Now I'm trying to get the avatars from the obelisk war!

me too.. I have the order one and am hoping brutes win this time so I get that avatar too,

Im hoping they keep the obelisk thing going so that we all get chance to collect all the avatars and site themes over time

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

A lot of the game ones are like impossible for me because most of them I'm not good at and the score for the game avatar is so high compared to the score i get in the game, but just gotta keep trying. For me Eliv Thade was pretty easy just time consuming and i used an anagram finder to unscramble the words.

I'm kind of an avatar addict now, thanks to my boyfriend. He has lots more than I do so I'm just trying to catch up. For the Obelisk war I'm still undecided for what faction to choose but I think I'm leaning more for the Brutes, seems to be the most popular vote right now.

A lot of the game ones are like impossible for me because most of them I'm not good at and the score for the game avatar is so high compared to the score i get in the game, but just gotta keep trying. For me Eliv Thade was pretty easy just time consuming and i used an anagram finder to unscramble the words.

I'm kind of an avatar addict now, thanks to my boyfriend. He has lots more than I do so I'm just trying to catch up. For the Obelisk war I'm still undecided for what faction to choose but I think I'm leaning more for the Brutes, seems to be the most popular vote right now.

Sounds like we are much alike as far as games then, thanks for mentioning the Eliv Thade game I will go and look at that to see if I might be able to batter away at it til I get another avatar.

As you say it is really addictive collecting them, I wouldnt have believed I would get into them so much as I was never really bothered in the past.

I am also trying to get the rubbish avatar but Im scared of discarding other stuff by accident so its taking me ages.

I try to focus on just a few of the game avatars at a time (only 2-3), and I try to pick a combination of frustrating ones and more fun ones. I also pretend like I'm not actually going for the avatar, just practicing for it, as nerves make me mess up when I get close. (I try to ignore the score in general). Right now I'm trying for Feed Florg, Ice Cream Machine, and Korbat's Lab (in anticipation of doing better on reset day). I knocked out some of the "easier" (to me) games already, things like Typing Terror (which took a while), the... Thieves' Guild game one (it's not too bad with a guide), and Eliv Thade (again, not terrible with an Eliv Thade word list). Oh, and the non-Flash games were mostly not bad.

For the rubbish avatar I started that after I got my SBD avatar and as I was clearing out my stuff I discarded so many things using the quick stock and I still haven't gotten it yet. So all I'm doing now is going through my dailies as usual and discarding most of the things I get from there because most are only worth 1-5 nps. I've been trying to get it for the past couple months but no luck.

siniri: I'll try and use your strategy and see if that will work for me. sometimes I just get frustrated with playing the game over and over again and not getting close to what the avatar score is :(

woohoo I just got the eliv thade avatar so thanks for telling me about the word helper ... that was what made ALL the difference woo hoo

Next I think I will be having a go at the slorg one but it doesnt look that easy despite people here who seem to have found it pretty simple

congrats!!

& me and my boyfriend did that at the same time and he got it on his first run through of the game and for me I took me a couple tries because I kept getting stuck at a certain level can't remember which and I was getting so frustrated. But it is one of those simpler games I guess. If you search online as well there are some tips and cheats to help you out with this game.

ps. I'm trying to get the bilge dice avatar (for scoring 24 is my preference at the moment) and I've been playing hardcore for the past couple days. I've played almost 300 games and scored 24 a lot of the time and I haven't gotten it yet.. it's such a bummer. :( is it just based on luck or is there something I can do that would improve my chances of getting it??

ps. I'm trying to get the bilge dice avatar (for scoring 24 is my preference at the moment) and I've been playing hardcore for the past couple days. I've played almost 300 games and scored 24 a lot of the time and I haven't gotten it yet.. it's such a bummer. :( is it just based on luck or is there something I can do that would improve my chances of getting it??

It's entirely random, sadly. I feel your pain about it. I'd have 2-4 games in a row where I got a 24 and didn't get the avatar. And I'd somehow still lose every one of those games.

Methinks the NPCs are using loaded die. >:c

this is very sad news.. the avatars that are randoms take the longest. guess I'll just have to keep trying. but the bilge dice - lucky streak is going to be impossible for me, you'd have to have the best luck in the world.. & if I play another hundred games and I don't get the avatar I'm going to start thinking that they're using loaded die too :P

Oh, I guess I should have mentioned that when I say "going for" certain game avatars, I try to play them at least 3-4 times a week. That's why I only focus on a few at a time. It takes time to get good enough to get the score. Feed Florg and ICM are both frustrating for me, but I like Korbats Lab, so that one's my "reward" for playing the other two. I only send scores 3 times/day, and I'll send even a somewhat crappy score (though I start over if I lose a life before I reach 50 points in Feed Florg, or on the first 3 levels of Korbats Lab). I gauge my progress not based on how far I am from the avatar, but how I'm doing compared to me in the past. So in ICM, by how far I get in a certain level (I've reached tigersquash a few times lately), or how close I get to my high score (or how often I beat it).

I don't think you improve that much more per day playing more often than 3x/day, and since you're not getting NP beyond that, I find it keeps me sane. It can take a while, but it feels great when you get it (I remember typing terror took me a few months).

Bless you, Shoyru!

Something Has Happened! blessyoushoyru.gif You are now eligible to use 'Bless you, Shoyru.' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

woo hoo got this one at last

Trouble is I adopted a shoyru to do this avatar, then zapped her as she needed to be level 5 so I could bless her to get the avatar avatar but the ray turned her ghost which is great .... but not great ....because now I have got attached and dont want to repound her to get a different pet to get another avatar aghhhh guesse she is going to my side account ..again !!!

why am I so soppy

Something Has Happened! smuggleddubloon.gif

You are now eligible to use 'Smuggler's Dubloon' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Whoohoo! Finally got this one after a long while. :D I find that I play better while watching dramas.. LOL

Something Has Happened! tdmbgpop.gif You are now eligible to use 'Grundo - Discarded Plushie' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

OMG! I am so happy! And to think my account isn't even 4 months old! :D

WOW congratulations !! I have been visiting the discarded plushie every day for YEARS and havent got it yet, so thats brilliant ...at least I know it really does eventually give out an avatar :yes:

Something Has Happened! neodaqtick.gif You are now eligible to use 'Sell! SELL!!' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

I'm really happy about this avatar. If it weren't for it, I probably never would've started investing in the stock market and would've never found a great source of income!

Something Has Happened! leverofdoom.gif You are now eligible to use 'Lever of Doom' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

I finally got no better thing to do so today I just withdraw 100k from the bank and start clicking. Thankfully I don't even have to move the mouse (probably beause the neopets team knows why we people went there). On the second I got the avie I have 76800np left. So that is 232 pulls I did! Not counting my halfheart attempts over the years.

Something Has Happened! leverofdoom.gif You are now eligible to use 'Lever of Doom' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

I was sitting there clicking away for what felt like forever, and thinking that I would never get this and I'm wasting all my money, and right when I was about to give up BAM! I got it :happydance: one more added to the list!

woo hoo didnt even know that there was an avatar for this ... colour me happy :P

Something Has Happened! altadorcupplayer.gif You are now eligible to use 'Altador Cup Player' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Thanks to Neat Person above who inspired me to just go for it and keep pulling that lever, I think it cost about 10000 NP on top of the random pulls I have done in the past

I got this actually a few days ago, before I went to travel. No RE though, but I was so surprise and happy :D :O evilcoconut.gif

EDIT

I feel that I'm so lucky! Finally after several days desparate going to (that place). I don't have to go anymore, because ...

Something Has Happened! islandmystic.gif You are now eligible to use 'Island Mystic' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

really makes my day :D

Edited by dat_dao98