Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

Neopets seems to be loading fine for me.

I'm using Chrome on a Windows HP PC and so far I haven't had any issues. Works fine in Chrome on my mom's HP Slate 7 tablet too... huh.

I'm guessing it may have something to do with the Spooky Food Eating Contest, as the same issues happened last time during some parts of the Obelisk War.

it was slow earlier, but it seems fine now. :)

I know I am posting after a post of mine, but since it is a different day I hope it is okay for this board.

So I am having issues with Neopets working, is anyone else??
The pages wil not load fully for me.
Like the border loads and my username and how many NPs I have out loads, my pet loads, but not the page itself.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get the site up right now. The evil red pteri is showing up, so at least it's up enough for isitdownrightnow.com, but it's been like this the past several minutes. Others having the same trouble?

EDIT: More than fifteen minutes later, and it still won't work. Did I miss a maintenance announcement? :P

They posted in the news this afternoon that Neopets would be down from 11pm to 1am- just regular maintenance. :)

I can't get the site up right now. The evil red pteri is showing up, so at least it's up enough for isitdownrightnow.com, but it's been like this the past several minutes. Others having the same trouble?

EDIT: More than fifteen minutes later, and it still won't work. Did I miss a maintenance announcement? :P

Yes, it's down here too and I live in the same general area as Neopets. When you try the "are they down" sites, the error message page with the offline no credit games makes Neopets appear online but Neopets is definitely down.

Also I saw the same error page several times in the past several days. Hopefully it's being worked on right now. :) With the Battledome skirmish just started 24 hours ago, plus the eating contest/flower moving probable Neovian plot coming up, it's a good guess that techs are working on it.

Edited by ClarityAvast to add a question:

From a comment added above, it appears that there was mention in the news that Neopets would be down for maintenance from 11 pm to 1 am. Was that NST time?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Yes, it's down here too and I live in the same general area as Neopets. When you try the "are they down" sites, the error message page with the offline no credit games makes Neopets appear online but Neopets is definitely down.

Also I saw the same error page several times in the past several days. Hopefully it's being worked on right now. :) With the Battledome skirmish just started 24 hours ago, plus the eating contest/flower moving probable Neovian plot coming up, it's a good guess that techs are working on it.

Edited by ClarityAvast to add a question:

From a comment added above, it appears that there was mention in the news that Neopets would be down for maintenance from 11 pm to 1 am. Was that NST time?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Yes, all time quoted by TNT are in NST.

And I'm also getting the Red Pteri message.

I was in the middle of KQ when the site went down. However, it let me continue to finish that game, PLUS start a couple MORE games, even though the site was down! I guess someone else was stuck in there, too... so I played a few people.

Won gold keys, too. I sure hope I get those keys once the site is back up. :( I'm afraid I won't get my prizes because I won them while the system was down...

What do you guys think? :/

Yes, all time quoted by TNT are in NST.

And I'm also getting the Red Pteri message.

Thanks, RockyRoad1. Wondering if they'll add more time onto the current Battledome Skirmish. So much to do so little time! :)

I was in the middle of KQ when the site went down. However, it let me continue to finish that game, PLUS start a couple MORE games, even though the site was down! I guess someone else was stuck in there, too... so I played a few people.

Won gold keys, too. I sure hope I get those keys once the site is back up. :( I'm afraid I won't get my prizes because I won them while the system was down...

What do you guys think? :/

Elorei, it's possible but unlikely. Many KQ players would be more worried about being reported for "quitting" even though the site was down. :P

Anyway I think that because so many have reported not receiving their Keys and prizes when the site is up and running, it's more likely that you won't get your keys this time. If you do get them, please let everyone know either here or on the Neo KQ board. That would be very good news to share!

Update: thought for a minute that Neopets was back up because I still had my inventory open in one window and I could see Neopets clock moving forward with the correct time. When I refreshed it sent me back to the error page.

Looks like it will be at least 1am NST before they reopen the site. Previously announced shutdowns have often opened earlier than their stated time.

Update: 12:44 am NST

Site is back up.

Elorei, it's possible but unlikely. Many KQ players would be more worried about being reported for "quitting" even though the site was down. :P

Anyway I think that because so many have reported not receiving their Keys and prizes when the site is up and running, it's more likely that you won't get your keys this time. If you do get them, please let everyone know either here or on the Neo KQ board. That would be very good news to share!

Thanks! I will do just that. :)

But I'm still hoping I'll have my keys!! *crosses fingers* :P

EDIT: Site's back up! And I did not get my gold keys. :sad01_anim:

Should I send in a ticket?

Thanks! I will do just that. :)

But I'm still hoping I'll have my keys!! *crosses fingers* :P

Good luck! I hope you get them. KQ is a challenging game and people who last the entire game without the game freezing should get their prizes.

Update:

Elorei wrote on 18 Oct 2013:

EDIT: Site's back up! And I did not get my gold keys. :sad01_anim:

Should I send in a ticket?

Elorei, you can send in a ticket if you wish. It's unlikely they'll do anything but it's worth a try, in my opinion if you have time.

Good luck! :)

Argh and I thought it was me lol so I go to check Tdn and the home pages isn't have anything stating a maintenance time so I'm like oh noooo :'( as over the last 2 to 3 that evil little fetcher brain red pteri kept popping up so I'm like what is going on but now seeing all this I understand why so hopefully in about 10 minutes it will be 1am neo time which is 4am my time , that it will be fixed :)

Woohoo it's back up for meeeee yaaaay :) I wa gonn crazy inna few minutes it was still down lol

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Vyvren) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Can not get any neopets pages to load atm is anyone else having this trouble?

edit: Just checked with one of those sites that tells if a site is down and apparently yes it is down for everyone atm about half an hour so far, I know they were having maintanance but I thought that was yesterday?

Can not get any neopets pages to load atm is anyone else having this trouble?

edit: Just checked with one of those sites that tells if a site is down and apparently yes it is down for everyone atm about half an hour so far, I know they were having maintanance but I thought that was yesterday?

I have the same problem. I checked with DownForEveryoneOrJustMe and according to them Neopets is down.

Me also. I thought it was my ISP acting up again. I don't think this is maintenance now.

It has been down for quite a while so some poor lone TNT person is probably on the phone to the rest of the team shouting HEEEEELLLLLPPPP! all I did was press this red button and the whole thing turned off :whofarted:

Bad time for it to go down at the weekend as most of TNT take the weekends off ??

It has been down for quite a while so some poor lone TNT person is probably on the phone to the rest of the team shouting HEEEEELLLLLPPPP! all I did was press this red button and the whole thing turned off :whofarted:

Bad time for it to go down at the weekend as most of TNT take the weekends off ??

Usually a few programmers are on the job even during weekends.

I could load pages but a bit slow and almost none of the pictures.

Edit: It's loading all the pictures now but still slow.

Edit x2: IT'S WORKING NOW!!! 7 AM NST not working anymore :(

Edited by Gargamel

Oh boy... MORE problems? Ugh. /facepalm

Looks like it isn't maintenance this time, though. Their servers are down.

So they're probably having to contact their servers to have THEM fix it. Unless they have their OWN servers, it's out of their hands until the other people fix it. :/

Looovely. :rolleyes_anim:

It's down for me too :( Really annoying when the only time I get to play neo is on the weekends.... Oh well... I guess I will have to find something else to do that isn't neopets.... *is now feeling lost*

still down .. this is worrying .. a this rate I may be forced to ... leave .. the ... computer ARRRGGGGGGGGG

Thank goodness it is back atm anyway :)

Question to All:

Has anyone else been having the problem with clicking the Logout button and it taking you to the parature help application instead...?

Happens to me ALL the time.. -_-