The Final Days of Habitarium

missuninvited

I've been on Habi today, It has been working all day for me. I FINALLY made it to level 33! Whew!

I'll be sad, ot watching them work so hard. My poor little guys! Wahhh! :crying_blow:

I've been on Habi today, It has been working all day for me. I FINALLY made it to level 33! Whew!

I'll be sad, ot watching them work so hard. My poor little guys! Wahhh! :crying_blow:

You've got a bit of time! You might make it!

Just keep collecting & building things!

Good luck (:

10599333_10204536770844502_2923274319945

I've begun the "end of the world" party in my habi... I'm very close to level 30 and will probably reach it tonight, but it is totally up to the P3s to harvest on their own and make that happen. If it does, great. If it doesn't, I'll know they had a rockin' last night before the Void <3 <3

Habi has been working for me all day (granted there was like a 3hour period where I wasn't on but it was still going on while I was gone. I came back to 10k worth of gems). I'm really having a bad day with neopets today. FC was a bust & I only got like 2k in dailies.... so my 60k that I've made today from Habi went straight into FC bets for tomorrow.

I'm terrified now that you guys are all "ITS HAPPENING!" because I noticed Habi's being absent from someone's profile today and I've run into the trades being cancelled as well. I did screenshot the other day (can't be too paranoid now can we?) but maybe I need to update them. I haven't done bank screenies for the day but let's hope that TNT is like "We will be shutting the website down at 5 PM NST" or something extremely specific. I've been trying to get in as much training on my cookies as possible. Not much else I can do about the lab ray or FQ ones. :/

Maybe someone should make a "Neopets Purge" board for us to all talk on when neo "goes dark"?

I'm on mobile so I can't quote but I like the idea of a board for when things go dark! I actually have a cute idea for a thread once the site goes down, but I don't want to spoil the surprise! I guess we'll have to wait and see ;D

I think that neopets timed this perfectly really - because we're all going back to class, and it will probably be good for us to catch up on our work /laughs.

Well, it's better than the AC - which is ALWAYS during my exams.

Since TNT has not announced anything about the transition beginning yet, I think it's safe to say we may have the weekend to keep playing Habi. Hope so!!!

Takes me nearly 2 whole days to level up, ugh...how can I make it go by faster aside from discarding eggs? I have my Nesters keep laying eggs for me to discard...what else? At this rate, Level 50 is a lost cause...Thinking tomorrow I throw a little end of the world party for my P3s in case the move begins tomorrow night at midnight.

Since TNT has not announced anything about the transition beginning yet, I think it's safe to say we may have the weekend to keep playing Habi. Hope so!!!

Takes me nearly 2 whole days to level up, ugh...how can I make it go by faster aside from discarding eggs? I have my Nesters keep laying eggs for me to discard...what else? At this rate, Level 50 is a lost cause...Thinking tomorrow I throw a little end of the world party for my P3s in case the move begins tomorrow night at midnight.

Honestly, I'm just going to let them keep on partying. I could probably put everyone back into nests and harvesting make a bit more XP, but I don't think it'll be enough to even level up again (I just broke lvl 30) and I don't feel like letting myself stay obsessed until the very end. Habi is over, and I've accepted that </3

Well, I have set up a party for my little P3's....unfortunately they can't enjoy it because food seems to attract the blue pests so the soldiers have to constantly fight them. :( I lay out a bunch of bacon and candy and even a gazebo for a little party for them to ring out the end of the world. Can't post a screenshot now, because Photobucket's down. D:

I'm pretty sure the transfer will start tomorrow night at midnight, so I'm gonna let the little P3s have a party for the rest of the day (for a full 24 hours at least)! If only those stupid blue bugs would stop showing up and let them have fun...

There is no certainty as to when it'll happen, but I doubt they'll do it over the weekend. Since they said by the end of this week OR early next week, you have no definitive date as to when it'll happen. But it wouldn't make any sense to take the site down on the weekend since that's when the highest traffic would be (and who wants to work on the weekend?)

I'm so bummed about the impending Habiapocalypse. :(

I would not have the Gallery collection I have were it not for the hard work of those silly little bugs.

They will be missed.

/sniffle

There is an interesting article here in the latest neopian times

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=564018&week=662

about the reasons they need to close habi.

I can see the point they make, Im just sorry they didnt reduce the gem value a lot earlier so that we could have continued with the game, then perhaps we could have got the updates and been able to play the game just for the fun of it which was what was intended originally.

I'm not so sure about cutting the game will cause deflation to happen. People are going to be looking for a way to compensate their lost income.

I may be thinking a little pessimistic right now but I think we're going to have to watch out for new scams/ridiculously high priced items.

I gave up Habi a while back since it caused my computer to run really slowly. I think I have/had like 20 pages of saved eggs that I should probably get rid of, but it's a computer killer, and I'd really like to do other things besides running Habi.

I have no idea what I'm going to do once neopets is down. Maybe go work on more Latin? Idk.

I will be very surprised if the inflation is reversed with the termination of the Habitarium.

VERY.

For all the "tons of people were making 100K a day!" complaints...the reality is that very few made anything near that much.

I would be willing to bet that more nps, BY AN ORDER OF MAGNITUDE, are made by the shady players using cheat programs to re-stock. Or that near as many nps are made by Keyquesters (I, for one, make more from Keyquest than I did from Habi). Or, on a monthly basis, by oldtimers copying bets for Food Club (can make 3-5m a month doing that with an aged account).

I think that Habitarium is just an easy scapegoat for some and that the state of the Neopets economy will not be improved by its removal.

There may well be fully legit reasons on TNT's side that prevents its transfer (it having been created by a third party for one thing)...but I don't think some backdoor reasoning about 'fixing inflation' passes the muster.

Just sayin'...

:P

I tend to agree with above that habi is not quite the inflation killer it is made out to be, and even if it was generating a lot of np surely the best thing to do would be to make more np sinks to remove those points and that way its a win win situation.

The battledome is I think the best np sink because it costs LOADS to train pets up, yet there is no sign that the battledome is going to be fixed/improved so where is the encouragement to train up your pets?

If TNT really wanted to sink some lumps of np then all they need to do is start making some np capsules on special events like halloween autumn and sell them for np as they do with NC. Pkenty of people would spend their np and it would give them a chance to take part if they cant afford to use real money.. but that might reduce the amount spent on NC so they are unlikely to do that.

There does need to be a long term plan and atm I dont think there seems to be one apart from encouraging players to spend real money. I hope Im wrong I love the site :sad02:

I can't agree more with you, fullonparanoid. We'll wait and see, but I as much as I love playing Habi, I've never been persistent enough to make even 50 k a day. You must be really dedicated to the game to make 100k, you can't just leave it on the background as most people think, because the p3 get tired and if you don't put them in their houses, they stop collecting.

Overall, I think this is just an excuse not to be bothered with the game. It's glitchy as it is and would need more attention after the transition.

I tend to agree with above that habi is not quite the inflation killer it is made out to be, and even if it was generating a lot of np surely the best thing to do would be to make more np sinks to remove those points and that way its a win win situation.

The battledome is I think the best np sink because it costs LOADS to train pets up, yet there is no sign that the battledome is going to be fixed/improved so where is the encouragement to train up your pets?

If TNT really wanted to sink some lumps of np then all they need to do is start making some np capsules on special events like halloween autumn and sell them for np as they do with NC. Pkenty of people would spend their np and it would give them a chance to take part if they cant afford to use real money.. but that might reduce the amount spent on NC so they are unlikely to do that.

There does need to be a long term plan and atm I dont think there seems to be one apart from encouraging players to spend real money. I hope Im wrong I love the site :sad02:

I agree with a lot of this.

And I really hope that this move will mean that ideas like this will happen.

However, I think habi is a specific case, because people make money on it without *actually* playing - they just leave it on all day when they're not on neopets, probably slowing down the servers for people who are playing, and then collect the gems at the end.

At least with other NP generators, you have to actually do something.

(Not that I'm accusing people for doing something bad for leaving it on, I did it too, but it just felt a little bit like it killed a lot of the fun of earning neopoints)

I moved a Nester before it was finished laying and cannot remember which P3 the egg belongs to. What do I do now?

Just stick another nester on top. It really shouldn't matter who actually hatches it.

I agree that NC-style NP items could be a GREAT NP sink to fight inflation, but would neopets be willing to sacrifice NC sales for that? Perhaps they could make some NP-only NC style items to still encourage the NC purchasing and the sinking.

Wow, that was a LOT of acronyms! :whistle:

I'm at level 42 now. I can probably get another level and a half in today, so 43.

Which means 7 more levels.

Basically all of my p3s are dying tomorrow, which means I'll be getting a lot of xp. Hopefully that will bump me up at least a level, so around 45. Which means around 5 more levels.

So hopefully they decide to take it down Wednesday or later.