The Final Days of Habitarium

missuninvited

I think restricting NP or creating sinks would be the worst thing for the neopian economy. The battledome is maybe the only exception to this because there's different tiers to battling. You can get into a league that has caps and restrictions. I think that should apply in other places too even though that will never happen.

I just thought it was super rude of TNT to say that Habi was never meant to be a waterfall of neopoints. It's a game, what else was it intended for if not to earn neopoints? As for the whole "we exploited a glitch" argument, that could have been fixed by adding more levels as they did with the level 25-50 update or putting an income/gem cap OR something I think they should implement no matter what, an inactivity log-out. If you aren't active on your account for an hour, two hours, ect you get logged out. It would probably have eliminated every one who played with it on overnight and some other issues too.

So...would tonight be the last night? Hopefully we'll get a note from TNT tomorrow stating when the transfer will begin. Thinking tomorrow may be the last day if they give us another warning, unless they start tonight at midnight with no warning, which is also possible.

In the new features last week TNT clearly stated that they will notify us when the downtime is expected to happen.

I don't get what all the panic is about since we'll have notice prior to the downtime. Relax and enjoy habi while it's still here. :)

I am almost to level 34. It is almost midnight here. I am trying to level up one more time. I have a feeling my Habi will go down at midnight, for some reason.

I felt my heart breaking as I discarded the rest of the eggs. That was more difficult than I thought it would be!

I took some screenshots and saved them on my computer.

I'll miss my little guys!

It's a little past midnight here, 09/15/2014 and my Habi is still going. I REALLY need to get ready for bed ( I have to work tomorrow morning!), but I am so close to being level 34...approx 3,600 xp to that level. Come on you little guys! You can do it!

I TOTALLY going to miss them!

Honestly I'm kind of glad I just quit habi already. I could have stayed a few more days and *maybe* got close to 50 if I ran it 24/7, and I know I'm missing out on a few 10s of Ks, but now I don't spend my time worrying when it'll go down, whether I'll make it to 50, etc. It was nice while it lasted but I disconnected last week and I'm not going to dive back in just for the last day or two, you know?

I made it to level 34 around 1am last night.

I felt obsessed to get there. I'm a weirdo!

Missuninvited, I wish I could STOP playing the Habi! I'm totally addicted, Hahahaha!

When you think the end of the world is coming sooner than it really is, you tend to blow all your resources gaining as much XP as possible and buying sprinkles to throw your P3s a party. Heh. I don't think there's much for me to go back to!

When you think the end of the world is coming sooner than it really is, you tend to blow all your resources gaining as much XP as possible and buying sprinkles to throw your P3s a party. Heh. I don't think there's much for me to go back to!

ahhh same here! my p3s died so i had to hatch them again but I don't even have enough workers to fill my population since I discarded most of them >< if they decide not to scrap habi I'll be messed up

My Habi has been taking up to 10 minutes to load and once it did load, the workers wouldn't work. I reloaded and once it came back, they seemed to be back to work. A fellow guildie had the same issue....Either they're getting ready to pull the plug or there are just TONS of people trying to get the last few NP's.

The way they've described the transfer is basically a one-click, flip of a switch method - I doubt they'd be "starting" the transfer now without an announcement, you know? I think a) yeah, EVERYONE is trying to squeeze out their last few K from Habi and b) we just notice these things more because we're playing it and discussing it way more frequently, and with an endgame in mind: get to 50 before the eventually shutdown we know is coming arrives. Everything just seems more significant now.

My Habi is still working, yay!

I do hope they will let us know when it is going down...the final countdown!

I believe everyone is scrambling to level up. I have worked so hard doing that in the last week. I have NO idea what I will do once the Habi is kaput.

I've enjoyed using the Habitarium, it helped me make a few NPs quite quickly. :)

I only started about 2 months ago and am on level 21 (almost level 22). For the last few days I've left Habi open all day (but not during the night time) and that has helped.

I wonder what this new gift will be like, will it be worth any NPs to make up for the loss of NPs from Habi?

So a couple of questions:

1) When will this transition happen?

2) What are the chances of me getting to L50 before then? If not likely, what level am I likely to reach?

Thanks!

Edit: Just levelled up now (13:29 at 09/16/2014), got 8500NP and a bigger Habi. :) Level 22 reached, only 28 more to go :(

Edited by spotify95

I've enjoyed using the Habitarium, it helped me make a few NPs quite quickly. :)

I only started about 2 months ago and am on level 21 (almost level 22). For the last few days I've left Habi open all day (but not during the night time) and that has helped.

I wonder what this new gift will be like, will it be worth any NPs to make up for the loss of NPs from Habi?

So a couple of questions:

1) When will this transition happen?

2) What are the chances of me getting to L50 before then? If not likely, what level am I likely to reach?

Thanks!

Edit: Just levelled up now (13:29 at 09/16/2014), got 8500NP and a bigger Habi. :) Level 22 reached, only 28 more to go :(

From the news:

"Transition Update! - The time is finally upon us! The team is ready to go so we'll begin the transition starting tomorrow -- Wednesday, September 17 (NST). Downtime may not start until late morning so we're going to try to sneak in our dailies early. Shhh."

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to reach level 50 by tomorrow. :/ Sorry.

Nooo, today is our last day D; I was afraid of an update on the transition! I'll see what to do with my Habi tonight...maybe start a party for them or just put them all in their houses so they can die in their sleep. :sad02: RIP little guys.

I've spent the last few days trying to level up (just about made 26) so was discarding all of my eggs instead of hatching them. Unfortunately, the last of my P3's died yesterday meaning I only have the ones you get given when you run out (I confess, I hatched a few more so they wouldn't be lonely). Now they're all sleeping, awaiting the apocalypse...

Two loyal little soldiers, two hardworking little workers and one brave, brave nester....I'll miss you little guys :'(

I put out so much bacon and sprinkles and let them chow down. I moved all my nests, barracks and houses into my bag, moved all the storage to one little area, blocked it off and let the little guys do whatever they wanted.

Habi-RIP_zpsc5390688.jpg