Spooky Food Eating Contest: The Perilous Catacombs!

hrtbrk

I've been opening every door on each level because I want the most prize options ^_^ Sometimes it works out and I get 12+ to choose from, other times it doesn't work so well and I only get to choose from 4-5. Since it's just mindless clicking, I haven't found that it really slows me down. Not quite to 102, but I should be close by the end of the day.

Well, that's not overly surprising. Welcome to the catacombs of INFINITY!

I knew they were infinite! And I'm already bored of them.

However, with the long fatigue waits, I can just say at least there do not seem to be any 24-hour waits! Unless, that is, anybody got one.....

I think I saw someone say they got a 24hr wait, but I can't remember which page they're on *ponders* Maybe they were just speculating though. I've got about 8hrs left on mine and on floor 80-something out of infinity *sighs* I am no longer as anxious to see the fatigue finish as I was before. Now it's kind of a sense of "meh, it's time out when it times out...I'll go play key quest instead" I don't even really care if I forget to go back to the catacombs. Actually, I kind of like it when I do. This has become an exercise in conditioning - the conditioning of us to obsessive tears of boredom :tired:

And now I have a REAL Curse of Fatigue. Well well well. *ba-dum-tsh* Done with the catacombs though. There is clearly no ending so what is the point? I guess to earn more "plot points" but this whole indefinite thing is ridiculous. You'd think they should have an end but they don't.

And now I have a REAL Curse of Fatigue. Well well well. *ba-dum-tsh* Done with the catacombs though. There is clearly no ending so what is the point? I guess to earn more "plot points" but this whole indefinite thing is ridiculous. You'd think they should have an end but they don't.

Or at least have the prizes get better, or at least different, as the floor number gets higher...

I just put all the useless junk in my shop and hope it sells. I to am getting a bit bored with this. I don't really have time to be spending going through several levels everyday, but I still keep doing it hoping I'll get something nice out of it at the end.

Is anyone else noticing after 10-15 levels completed you automatically get a very long fatigue no matter what? I started on lvl 62 today got on lvl 79 and had 2 spaces left 2nd last space got 4 hour fatigue used cleansing then stupidly did last space before exit got it wrong and got 6 hour wait. I went back and got to lvl 80 and right away I got 8 hour fatigue. I started this 2 days late and have been trying to catch up, literally played until long fatigue stopped me each day, and I should be at lvl 100 or more but cant get to it. Im guessing there is a daily limit and fatigue keeps that in check and we dont even realize that.

Just now when I switched off my ad-block I noticed that there is an advertisement for the catacombs.

So maybe it'll subsequently be a daily/regular feature like the previous BD plot?

Hopefully they're just advertising this as an event and not a daily. I don't expect TNT to keep this up forever. Imagine how many levels they would have to create or make available if it was a daily.

I'm starting to feel a bit cheated. All these items I thought were super great to get in the beginning, well, those prices have tanked. And with so many on the market (and everybody else hording them), prices will probably be like this for months to come.

Though, it's free stuff so I shouldn't complain.

I do hope we get a good finale to help make all the grinding we've been doing seem a little more worthwhile.

Hopefully they're just advertising this as an event and not a daily. I don't expect TNT to keep this up forever. Imagine how many levels they would have to create or make available if it was a daily.

It wouldn't actually be any trouble at all. These are all randomly generated to infinity. I hope there is some extra prize for people who reached level 50+ or something.

There is a way to get thru the level without having a HUGE fatigue count down. There are correct answers to the clues so you don't get cursed! Go to http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=spooky_food_eating_contest&id=perilous_catacombs and it will give you the answers!!! Makes getting thru levels much quicker. I got thru 20 levels yesterday alone. Now I'm starting up for the day on level 76

Love the walkthru from jellyneo... 30 minutes later I'm on floor 90

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Oh my god - this is insane!

I'm so super busy and I can't keep at this any more. Every time I get a barrel roll I want to shake my laptop!

On the positive side, I have also noticed that the amount of floors I get with curses lasting less than a minute has increased... Meaning (I guess) that it's easier to burn through more floors as the plot has progressed (if you really want to do that to yourself!!). I missed yesterday but I've been able to do like 24 floors today so far (I think?) and I am only after getting my first 2 hour curse.. so I can probably do another two floors today, and I have a curse of cleansing. I'm currently stuck at 108.

On a more negative note, I am so burnt out! I also have quit opening all the doors, even though I agree with other posters that there maybe more reward for checking all the doors.. which I was doing up until today. Today.. I just.. can't .. with it.

Stopped for the night (here in our country) at floor 101. This has to be insanity. Will continue later NST/tomorrow my time.

There is a way to get thru the level without having a HUGE fatigue count down. There are correct answers to the clues so you don't get cursed! Go to http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=spooky_food_eating_contest&id=perilous_catacombs and it will give you the answers!!! Makes getting thru levels much quicker. I got thru 20 levels yesterday alone. Now I'm starting up for the day on level 76

Even having all the answers isn't a guarantee. Some of the clues are connected to two or more possible encounters, which require different answers. For example, banjo music can lead either to indifferent cultists (humming) or to doppelgangers (banjo duel). The only way to know which answer to use is Foresight...which you won't have if you've been successfully avoiding curses up to that point. At some point, you still have to guess--though knowing the possible correct answers does improve your odds of guessing correctly.