Spooky Food Eating Contest: The Perilous Catacombs!

hrtbrk

Is everybody still opening all the doors before exiting a floor? I'm thinking it might save time to just exit as soon as you find the exit, but not sure whether that is a good idea.

finished floor 88 and waiting 1hr 28 to go down further ... took me three hours to get this done today ... Im ready to find this monster now grrrrr

I have heard of someone who is on level 102 so its not stopping at 100 ... arggghhhhh

Is everybody still opening all the doors before exiting a floor? I'm thinking it might save time to just exit as soon as you find the exit, but not sure whether that is a good idea.

I've just been heading for the exit...I've gotten all the prizes at least once, and they aren't selling very well anymore, so I couldn't be bothered going through every single, boring *grumbles* door. Now sure if it's a good idea in the long run, but, for me, it's either this or I just stop the plot 'cause it's starting to bore me to insanity :P

Edit: Bore me to further insanity (haha)

Good morning from the East Coast of the U.S.! I'm coming off a nine hour curse and ready to roll! I'm way behind on level 65.... Lets do this Catacombs!

I think I've been offered everything by now, but I've only take about a third of the prizes. I'm torn between wanting to finish my packrat (all this some-of-it-junk can go a long way to topping it off) and getting things to sell in a while once the flood of items has retreated. I mean, you can always accumulate junk on the very cheap but it's harder to accumulate junk you can sell, right?

That's exactly what I do. I leave each floor as soon as possible. I'm too scared of getting more Fatigue Curses!

I only open all doors when I've been cursed with a very long Fatigue and I'm trying to get a Cleansing one.

Dang, I was really thinking it would end on 100, but it seems there's more! Aw no... I'm on 89.

If I still have an active Fatigue curse, I will continue opening doors until it runs out, or until I run out of doors, then take the exit. Otherwise, I will exit immediately. In terms of items found, I think that works out the same whether you exit as soon as you find the exit or fully explore the floor--you still open about the same number of doors per unit time, so if your answers are consistent, you find about the same amount of treasure regardless of which floor you're on. Where it gets complicated is the percentage of the treasure you get to keep, since it varies with the number of items you found.

If you find only 3 items on a floor, for example, you get to keep 33% of the treasure, but if you find 4, you only get 25%. When the number you keep jumps from 1 to 2, that ratio moves back in your favor, but I haven't checked to see when the jumps occur. As far as I know, though, the "keep" number caps at 3, so if you fully explore a floor and find 15 items, you only get to keep 20% of the treasure. That means you'd be worse off in terms of items obtained per door opened than if you'd rushed through with only 3 or 4 items.

If you have Fatigue, of course, that changes things, because the time spent opening more doors on the current level could not be used on doors on the next level. Also, every now and then, I will open a few extra "safe" doors, if I have them on the current level, to expire some of the more annoying curses.

I'm still opening every door, and maybe that's slowing me down... But I want to make sure I get all the options for prizes. I've actually gotten fairly fast at choosing the right answers and getting through the whole level. I'm on Floor 56, and I have a Curse of Cleansing in reserve in case I get a nasty Fatigue.

My Fatigue is now 12 hours, 16 minutes, 8 seconds and counting. I am on level 59. This is getting ridiculous. It's the same thing over and over and over and if I get one more fatigue I am going to throw my laptop out the window. Every day I start over, it begins with a few seconds of fatigue, then a few minutes, than an hour and a half, then 6 hours, then 9 hours, and finally, now for the first time, 12 hours. It's driving me insane. TNT needs to do something different. Move it along.

I am opening all doors because its also possible that we will be gathering points for the amount of doors opened ..seems sensible seing as we are supposed to be searching for a monster.. I mean if we skip rooms he could be just hiding.

I am waiting to go to room 90 but I dont think I will get up during the night to do it so might end up finishing at level 89

I think this part will end tommorow as tuesday does seem to be TNT prefered day for changing things...Im guessing its because they are off at the weekends and monday they are catching up on stuff so Tuesday is the logical day to change stuff .....

Im hoping the monster will be flushed out and head for the battle dome - cant see any reason why we couldnt have him as an opponent along with the others that will be added and removed for skirmishes

I thought about opening all the doors just in case (because it does seem logical, like AJ11 said) but eventually my patience ran out and I'm hurrying through as fast as I can. I just passed level 93 with an 11 hour curse, my goal for tomorrow will be trying to reach level 100. I hope it ends then, to be honest. I wish there was some sort of goal we were reaching towards, because at the moment I have no clue what we're supposed to be doing.

Long time, no post. But I had an idea.

The catacombs seem never ending. I was thinking that they might be. The plot might conclude on Halloween with different sorts of prizes depending on floor in the catacombs. Just a theory. I have no idea how right it may be. But it seems like TNT would not intend to have 100+ floors of catacombs. Also, they do not necessarily get more difficult as you go deeper. It seems like they have the same random code for all the floors. Just a thought.

I agree with Hannah; I've seen people post that they have already hit floor 100 and beyond, so it doesn't seem to end there (unfortunately...so bored). I really hope it ends sooner than Halloween, but it does make a certain sense that they would stop it then. Maybe they have the goal of the whole thing wrapping up that day though, in which case, I hope there are a couple more things involved so the darn catacomb search will just die end already :tired:

I'm on floor 84 with 45minutes left in my Fatigue Curse. That curse really is the most curse-like out of all the rest in my opinion *sighs* I've turned it into my much needed break-time though. I've fallen behind on other things on Neopets because of this plot and it's refusal to fall into itself, become lost and never bother us again wrap-up. <_<

Or it could be the number of Treasure Rooms found, or we may not be able to even black box back calculate to figure out how and why final prizes were award, if there are even final prizes.

Still, come All Hallow's eve it will be revealed that we've been in the company of doppelgangers the whole time, and the supposed doppelgangers we've been running into are the real deal. Gotta luv the classics.

"Humming cheerfully, you open the door to find... yourself and the Monster Hunters! Weird, they must be doppelgangers. Your doubles break off their chanting and flee shrieking. "Must have thought we were doppelgangers too," Kell comments sagely, handing you an item his double dropped."

I can't believe how long this is going on! I'm on level 51 and have seen there are over 100! Dangit!

Also, I hope I will be given a different variety of prizes further on as I keep getting the same ones over and over.