Official Order of the Red Erisim Discussion Thread

Anime

Cool, the one I joined actually won!

I don't have a real battle pet yet so all I did was to nip at the Wave 1 enemies a lot, though...

Woooohoooo! We finally won, guys! Congrats to everyone!

Now to pick a boon, hmm. I wonder what exactly it is they do.

Checking around, Cartogriphication makes Faerie Caverns a success, but I'm not sure about the rest yet. Doppleganger and Double Bubble seem to be BD-based and makes one-use items work twice or something. Doctor Who sounds like quicker Healing Springs, but the boon has the Fountain Faerie on it...

Boon Effects:

Faerie Quest Refresher: Does what the name says.

Cartogriphication: Hints on where to go to get the treasure chest in Faerie Caverns

Doppleganger: 20-25% chance of one-use items to not disappear after use in BD

Double Bubble: Makes any potion heal you 250 HP

Doctor Who: Automatic Full heal every time you go to the Healing Springs

I'm glad we won, but that avatar looks like a frowning Techo with a see-through neck to reveal all the Neopets it's consumed. Even once I figured out what it's supposed to be, it doesn't look right. And that site theme is just the Obelisk War one with slightly different coloring? Were the other two like that? I knew I wasn't going to like it that much; purple's not one of my favorite colors, but I was expecting it to be unique, especially after others raved so much about the Thieves one.

Boons, boons, boons. Not worth nearly as much as the other factions got (a guaranteed 5k/day). Let's see, a faerie quest boon that's only valuable if you've got a fortune cookie (which are sold out, or I would, since I discovered they're only 100 NC, which is what I have) or are willing to refresh every day until you get a quest (which might get you frozen). The single-use items-might-not-be BD boon, that's worthless to anyone who can beat Koi Warrior with their usual set and has lens flare/warlock's rage and/or a decent healer. A boon that fully heals your pet at each visit to the springs (I hope this means curing any illnesses, too) -- which is relatively worthless because you can visit the springs every half hour, and eventually you'll get cured/healed back up. A boon that fully heals your Neopet using any healing potion (which is as worthless as the BD one *and* the springs one, for the same reasons -- especially since it will expire before the next set of skirmishes). And finally the NP boon, which presumably guarantees you'll find the Caves treasure every day for seven days -- I've won it a fair few times because there's a pattern to it, and I usually get less than 1k NP -- sometimes I get between 1k and 2k, between 2k and 2.5k a few times, and ~5k exactly once.

I really don't get why there are 2 nearly identical healing boons -- unless the healing potion one works on the potions that can be taken into the BD, which would be great for those without a good healer. Still, that's 3 pretty much worthless choices right there (at least for me). Without a fortune cookie, the faerie quest one is useless, too. Which leaves me with a guaranteed (?) prize of probably ~500 NP per day (maybe as high as 1500 NP, if you're lucky, because you have to subtract the price you have to pay for the Caves). Excuse me if I'm underwhelmed. That's only ~10% (or 30% if you go with the higher guess) of what the Thieves and Sway got.

Guess I'll wait and see if the fortune cookies magically restock before midnight. I could try to trade for one, but I only have one free gift box left, and I'm not sure I want to waste it (and the mall doesn't seem to sell them -- *sigh*). Plus, I'm not sure I have any NC items worth as little as a cookie that I want to part with.

I'm still glad the Order won. I just wish our boons were better. It's nice to get the avatar and theme, even if I'll probably never use either.

Boon Effects:

Faerie Quest Refresher: Does what the name says.

Cartogriphication: Hints on where to go to get the treasure chest in Faerie Caverns

Doppleganger: 20-25% chance of one-use items to not disappear after use in BD

Double Bubble: Makes any potion heal you 250 HP

Doctor Who: Automatic Full heal every time you go to the Healing Springs

Hmm, now I'm not sure which to choose! I miss the stock market boon. I'll probably wind up going with cartogriphication, but I'll think about it more.

That said, congrats, everyone! We did well! :D I actually really like our avatar.

Congrats everyone! :D We worked hard and got it.

I like the avatar too. I was a bit concerned how it would turn out, after seeing how the Thieves one turned out, but I'm happy with it. There's quite a bit of movement in it, but since it's only about half the avatar that's moving like that, it's not dizzying or annoying to me. The only thing I wish was that instead of showing Order challengers, it showed the other faction leaders. I think it would have been cool to have her spying on them.

I went with the FQ boon. I'm going to try to get my hands on a FQ cookie today or tomorrow, and none of the other boons were really worth it.

So, let me get this straight. I read the article about the boons on TDN, but some things still aren't very clear to me :$

If I would choose the Cartogriphication boon, would I find the treasure once or every time I try?
With the Doctor Who boon, would my pets always be fully healed or just for the rest of the event? Would it cure diseases as well?
And the RQR boon would allow me to change the given Quest, but I wouldn't be able to choose into which one, would I? And I would have to wait untill I get a Quest again?

Also, are the boons only active during the count down?

The other two I'm not interested in (:

Is anyone else having a problem getting the avatar? I joined the Order for this round and fought some battles, but when I go to the Battleground of the Obelisk, all I see is the Oracle and a timer for the next allegiance. Haven't got an avatar or site theme yet... :sad02:

Congratulations, everyone! We finally did it! :D

I think most of the boons are fairly useless to me... My HP isn't high enough to be worried about healing, and I rarely get random faerie quests... I'll probably go with the Cartogriphication.

Is anyone else having a problem getting the avatar? I joined the Order for this round and fought some battles, but when I go to the Battleground of the Obelisk, all I see is the Oracle and a timer for the next allegiance. Haven't got an avatar or site theme yet... :sad02:

It depends on how many battles you won, sadly. :( Under a certain amount, you don't get the theme, avatar, or boons.

My friend told me the quest cookies restock pretty often, so I just checked and managed to snag one! No more NC for me (unless I win expellibox or TNT feels generous), but it's worth it. Now to figure out how to use it -- and the boon -- and remember to switch to Chinese before using the boon so I don't get Delina.

Yay! I'm glad you found one :D

Once I get more NC, hopefully tonight, I'm hoping to be able to get one.

Once you active it in your inventory, you just go to the Faerie Quest page to accept, just like during the event. And you don't need to change your language. TNT has said that crafting quests aren't available from the cookies.

Yep, I figured it out. Thanks, Spritzie. I know they're not available from the cookies, but they are from the refreshes. Thankfully the refresh button is pretty clear, so I'll just have to remember to switch to Chinese before using it. I didn't use it today because I was asked for a cheap item from a fire faerie, and 2 strengths is pretty good.

Of course. I choose the Cartogriphication boon and now I get a Faerie Quest. I almost never get them :')

Same thing happened with me. xD It was a Battle Faerie though, so I wouldn't have wanted to change it.

We won we won we won! Ahhh *jumps around*

-cough- Ahem. I love the avatar and the theme. :D The boons are okay, I wish we could have won during the Faerie Quest event so we could use the Faerie Quest boon :/ Ah well. I picked the Cartogriphication boon and I got 10000 NP. :D

Congrats, everybody! :)

Next time The Order comes into rotation I'll be sure not to throw my back out or whatever the heck I did to the darn thing! LOL I did something to my lower back a few minutes ago and it hurts again to walk around, good thing I have one of those cheapish chair massager cushion things. Trying to get it to stop being annoying. :P

This brings up an interesting question for us. Which faction will we fight for NEXT week(or so)? The Order won't be an option since we won this time around.

If all of us go to the same faction, when they become available, we could potentially win that one too. So if you guys think this is a good idea, I would urge everyone here to think about it when we find out what the next competing factions will be.

Until then, enjoy the boons! I went with the cartography one. Seemed to make the most sense to try it since I do the faerie caves daily. I'd give the others a go if I'm on a winning faction again. lol I'll probably stick with The Order, when it's an option though. What can I say? I'm loyal. LOL

Congrats again everyone! GREAT JOB! :D

You've got to be kidding me. I wasn't even aware the battles had started again, and I find out last night it had ended, we've won, aaaaand I get nothing -.-

After staying with the Order aaaall this time. OMG. I wanted the theme and avatar :sad02: The daily faerie quests threw me off track. So annoyed right now.

Will this event thing even end? I think I'm done with it.

Somehow I'm getting the feeling that The Awakened or The Brutes will be an option for the next round of battling. Only one though. Probably seekers too again. Maybe with the Thieves again, since the Sway was also re-entered after they'd won, with only one or two rounds in between.

Bee, this seems to be a permanent, at least for now, event. The "truce" lasts for a week, so I believe we'll be able to choose a faction next Monday. Sign-ups will continue through Wednesday, with the battling starting Thursday. Then the winning faction is announced Monday morning, at which point the truce starts again for a week. So there's a week break, 3 days for sign-ups, and 4 days for battling.

I admit, until I have all the avatars/site themes, I'm going to be bouncing around to the factions that have the best chance of winning. Depending on what factions are included next, I believe the Awakened, Seekers, and Brutes will have the best chance of winning, due to the fact that they haven't won yet, so there are a lot of people wanting the avatars.