what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

After browsing DTI, I am annoyed by the lack of nice wearables for Pteris and Mutant pets. -_- There are only a handful of nice wigs for Pteris and even less of Mutants. Don't even get me started on looking for actual shirts/dresses/coats for Mutant pets!

This times like a million! I love my mutuant Arbric but I have no idea what to do with her because of the lack of items for her :grrr:

This times like a million! I love my mutuant Arbric but I have no idea what to do with her because of the lack of items for her :grrr:

I can't even get my Mutant Aisha to wear SHOES. :| I had a great mad scientist type of custom for her planned, but nothing remotely like that even fits her.

Edit: I just noticed that Arbric is a Mutant Aisha just like Positronia! We are definitely in the same boat here.

I'm also frustrated that we can't take paintbrush clothes out of our closets. Mine is full of Aisha collars and Elephante clothes. -_-

Exactly, why are there so few wearables for Maraquans and Mutants? Baby pets have more than their fair share of wearables, yet there's only a handful for Mutants and a measly few for Maraquans, and most of them are NC and look odd.

Oh well. I suppose my Mutant Pteri would look odd with clothes anyways.

I think I posted on here earlier that the Snowager avatar was the most frustrating thing for me on this site but I'm changing it to the Drackonack avatar. Refreshing off and on for a few days and nothing. Nothing!

I think I posted on here earlier that the Snowager avatar was the most frustrating thing for me on this site but I'm changing it to the Drackonack avatar. Refreshing off and on for a few days and nothing. Nothing!

Try changing around the items you have - using different assortments of cheese items? It can be any item with cheese in the name, not just cheeses. I got the avatar within about 5 minutes or so from changing around the items I had.

Exactly, why are there so few wearables for Maraquans and Mutants? Baby pets have more than their fair share of wearables, yet there's only a handful for Mutants and a measly few for Maraquans, and most of them are NC and look odd.

I think it's because they're rather odd body types compared to other PB colours. I mean, trying to dress a Mutant Chomby or Bruce is very different from another colour like pink or something. Don't even get me started on the Mutant Kaus or Lutaris. Sure, there are some Mutant pets that kind of have the same morphology as more "normal" colours, like the Mutant Shoyru or Kacheek, but the Mutant pets usually have a drastically different shape.

I think it's the same with Maraquan pets. "How do you get a pair of pants to look good on a Neopet with flippers?" is probably what the art/design team was wondering. (Which doesn't make sense because I'm pretty sure they had pants wearables for Flotsams and Tuskannies.)

Or it could just be because Baby pets are more popular because they have the cute factor.

Also, more frustrating things about Neopets:

Sakhmet Solitaire is SO hard to win! :|

I think it's because they're rather odd body types compared to other PB colours. I mean, trying to dress a Mutant Chomby or Bruce is very different from another colour like pink or something. Don't even get me started on the Mutant Kaus or Lutaris. Sure, there are some Mutant pets that kind of have the same morphology as more "normal" colours, like the Mutant Shoyru or Kacheek, but the Mutant pets usually have a drastically different shape.

I think it's the same with Maraquan pets. "How do you get a pair of pants to look good on a Neopet with flippers?" is probably what the art/design team was wondering. (Which doesn't make sense because I'm pretty sure they had pants wearables for Flotsams and Tuskannies.)

Or it could just be because Baby pets are more popular because they have the cute factor.

Also, more frustrating things about Neopets:

Sakhmet Solitaire is SO hard to win! :|

My main argument is this, yes their bodies are shaped differently but a Hissi and wocky are completely different! How does a hissi wear pants?! Come on art team!

but I totally agree about sakmet solitare! Ugh!

After some buying, I get a little frustrated when user shops have small fonts that don't contrast with the bg. Or worse, bgs that make my eyes hurt. >_<

My main argument is this, yes their bodies are shaped differently but a Hissi and wocky are completely different! How does a hissi wear pants?! Come on art team!

They can draw pants for snake-like pets, and for pets with flippers. But give them a Mutant or Maraquan pet and the art team won't even try. :P

When you're playing Pterattack and you have a level 4 Fireball, then BAM! You run into a PterPod by accident.

When you're playing Pterattack and you have a level 4 Fireball, then BAM! You run into a PterPod by accident.

I've lost so many otherwise decent games because of weapon resets :s

Try changing around the items you have - using different assortments of cheese items? It can be any item with cheese in the name, not just cheeses. I got the avatar within about 5 minutes or so from changing around the items I had.

I had 17 cheese items and my Drack. Changed them around a million times. I finally got it to work by buying a second Drack! It only took a few minutes after that. Sigh. xD

My main complaint is that avatars get retired forever and ever. It makes me sad. Like I used to have this great old account from when I was like in 6th grade with all the old site trophies and avatars but alas it is lost to me forever. Another is the pricing of everything I want is absurd. Like stamps. Sadface :(

Without a doubt, the random avatars. I've been after the Buried Treasure, Wheel of Knowledge, Wheel of Extravagance, Forgotten Shore, Skarl - Moody, Snowager and Symol avatars for around forever. That and the "we'll get around to it sometime in this vague, distant timeline" approach to updates. The updated Battledome has been in beta since the prehistoric ages and I need my Defenders of Neopia avatars in the modern ages. Speaking of the Battledome, Punchbag Sid. Where art thou Punchbag Sid? Oh and ridiculous trading post offers. If I list that I want 200K, that means I want 200K. It doesn't mean I want a ptolymelon. It doesn't mean I want a ptolymelon and 100 NP. If I wanted a ptolymelon and 100 NP I would list 'ptolymelon and 100 NP'. THE PRICE IS 200K, NO TRADE FOR YOU.

Definitely the random events and avatars. I can accept if I'm just not good enough to get one or if its too expensive, but it's so frustrating when there's nothing you can do to improve your chances. I finally got the bilge dice avatar after playing for a few hours (I'm not even going to try for the lucky streak :weird:).

I know you just have to keep spinning the wheels over and over (and over) again, but I keep landing on the same spots. I don't even know which is the most frustrating. Mediocrity, Monotony, Excitement, and Knowledge have too many spaces, but Misfortune is annoying in it's own way. It seems like it should be easier with so few spaces, but I've won about 10 headless Von Roo plushies, lost NP (one time I lost 500 NP! :( ), or occasionally won a handful of NP. And it's entirely random without even a notification, so it's an endless cycle of spinning and checking. I'm nowhere near rich enough, but I can only imagine the Wheel of Extravagance!

The fact that people need to cheat at virtual pixels on an adoptable site for children.

I'm disgusted that people will be so scummy that they feel they need to steal someone's account.

Looking at you, the no-life who got into my Neopets and TDNF account while I was asleep and got me frozen and threw away something I loved for five years.

The games avatars are killing me right now. I'm trying to get to 200 avvies, and I have 195. A lot of the ones I have left to get are random, pet/petpet-related, or extremely expensive, so I figured I should try a few games. But no matter what, it's really hard to get the avatars because of the high scores needed, even if you're fairly good at the game. Although I guess that's the point of having avatars.

• 2 weeks later...

Kass Basher! I just scored 449. :sad01_anim:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please have at least seven words in your post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I used to be so good at that game! Now I can't even get out of medium mode for some reason. o_O

I'm horrific at that game. Everyone else I know is an absolute master at it. :eh:

Keyquest now has become really frustrating for me to play because it sometimes crashes my internet browser when I try to join a game or when the game gitches and people are walking off the map.Also due to there being a lot of lag and people who quit games especially when they are the only person there has gotten more annoying. Normally I wouldn't react as much but now I just can't deal with trying to play it. I'm not even sure if the Neopets team really pays attention to Keyquest anymore.

Dice-a-roo is quite frustrating. I just got to the silver die for the first time. I celebrated a little, then won a lottery ticket before getting game over. I haven't been able to get past the first or second die since. :(

ETA: I literally just got a game over on the very first roll - twice in a row! arrrrg!