The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

COFL's jumped by 21 points to 58, fingers crossed everyone. :D

COFL just bumped up to 63. I only had 2k shares but sold them anyways. A nice little profit for my bank account. :)

Glad I wasn't the only one to profit :D I sold at 64, been burned before when I've held out hoping it would rise more..

Summary : You had 50 NP. After 6 successful transactions, you have 384030.

Very nice! My portfolio total's still just managing to be in the green too, +0.28% :laughingsmiley: So used to it always being in the red that I thought I was seeing things when I spotted some green at the bottom of the page recently. xD

I am beginning to buy stocks now... When I first started playing Neopets I would maybe buy a stock once in a blue moon. I remember 10 years ago when POWR was +700s now it has dropped down to 6!!!! When will it ever go up :( 

I'm curious. If two stocks were both at 15 and you had 60,000 shares on one and 0 in the other, which would you buy? Would you buy the former so you can profit more when it hits your sell point or would you buy the latter to diversify your portfolio? I concentrate my investments in stocks I already hold. It's a terrible investment philosophy in real life, but despite the deflation in the Neopets economy, stocks haven't gone bankrupt in ages. :laughingsmiley:

I do try to diversify, but I also don't know how many I've got of any stock without checking first, which I don't generally do. So if there's just 2 at 15 I suppose I just buy whichever appeals to me more. But if the same 2 are at 15 the next day them I will get some of the other one instead.

I'd love it if the stockmarket showed you how many of any stock you had on that main list, so that you can make an informed decision without having to go back and forth checking your portfolio.

COFL is at 70 right now and I'm just sitting here waiting for it to get to 75 like aaarggghhh cmon

Lol be quiet, I sold at 64 xD :sad02: No, no regrets!

TSRC's at 67! NICE! So now, the proverbial sell or wait decision!! D:<

Awe darn! I sold at 60. I only had 1,000 shares of it, so oh well. Better luck next time I guess. :)

I try to buy shares in companies I do not already have shares in even if that means I'll pay more than 15 NP per share.. Is it worth it to buy more shares of the same company? I'm trying to make NP of this but I'm also trying for the stock market avvie so I just keep buying and buying and not selling. I don't know if that's a good thing though!

Diversification is nice but to make a lot of money from one stock you need to be heavily invested in it. I only buy at 15 but try to buy what I have the least amount of stock in already. Using this strategy I had quit a fair bit of FAER and PEOP when I came back from hiatus and made like 1.5 mill from those two stocks alone.

I try to buy shares in companies I do not already have shares in even if that means I'll pay more than 15 NP per share.. Is it worth it to buy more shares of the same company? I'm trying to make NP of this but I'm also trying for the stock market avvie so I just keep buying and buying and not selling. I don't know if that's a good thing though!

The point of buying lots of different stocks is not to make a lot of money right away. It's so you have stocks to sell consistently and be able to pay for your portfolio by itself - you don't need to keep making 15k a day off flash games or taking it out of the bank. Since you will have no idea what stock will rise and which will fall, you will have a greater chance to see a stock rise up within a few months. It is a lot of patient waiting and buying lots of different stocks - you will eventually find yourself stocking up on one stock or the other anyway, if you play the market long enough.

I have been playing SM for about 7 years now and I did manage to overstock on a few stocks that have shot up very high (like SHRX, LUPE, VPTS). I wouldn't have known they would shoot up so high but I'd just bought them anyway when they were at 15 and ended up for at least 20k of each when they did go up high! So keep buying, and keep waiting :) Hiatuses are great for stocks, since you don't get impatient and selling, and coming back to lots of money!

If you want to earn, in the long term at least, the most money, it's smartest to always buy at 15 (or ten if you have the SM boon). Sometimes 16 when there's no 15. I always buy the stock at 15, and if there's more, I try to buy from the company of which I have the least stocks (if I got the same amount of both, I usually do 500 from both). 

The stock market avvie is quite simple, you just have to keep buying stocks for a really long time. And if some stocks hit 60, I'd sell them, personally. Just buy your 1000 shares every day, and eventually you'll get there :)