The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

KAUF is at 61. My sellpoint is 74, so I need it to climb a bit more, but others might want to sell now.

siniri, may I ask why you have different sell points based on the particular stock? Is there a particular strategy/formula you're following?

Yes, I posted it a few pages back. Basically I consulted the Neodaq to find a price that a stock had reached maximally about 3 times in the past, because it would take you years to gather the equivalent in bank interest, so you're better off in the stock market -- assuming the stock will ever reach that price (that's why I went with 3 past occurrences). I ignored any big humps where a stock was elevated for an extended period, because those don't tend to repeat.

Yes, I posted it a few pages back. Basically I consulted the Neodaq to find a price that a stock had reached maximally about 3 times in the past, because it would take you years to gather the equivalent in bank interest, so you're better off in the stock market -- assuming the stock will ever reach that price (that's why I went with 3 past occurrences). I ignored any big humps where a stock was elevated for an extended period, because those don't tend to repeat.

Oh I see, thanks! That's smart. I've just been selling around 60 but I feel like you'd get more profit out of your method if you are patient. Sorry I didn't see that post, must've missed it - oops :s

Oh I see, thanks! That's smart. I've just been selling around 60 but I feel like you'd get more profit out of your method if you are patient. Sorry I didn't see that post, must've missed it - oops :S

Since I have the NP I need, I'm waiting for at least 90-100 per stock. Still have 4k BB.

Wowsers, LDSC is back at 79. I'm so torn -- I missed selling the rest of the last stock that hit my sellpoint, because it fell like a rock when it looked like it'd keep climbing. I sold 25% of what I have for now, and I'll try to check it often. If it falls to 74, I'll sell the rest; if it keeps climbing, I'll implement my "once it falls 10% from its high, I'll sell the rest" rule.

LDSC up to 81! I sold all of my shares- I don't trust it to not fall soon!

Summary : You had 5322 NP. After 7 successful transactions, you have 572302.

And it's already back down to 74. *sigh* I'll see what it does in 3 minutes -- I may be kicking myself.

ETA: Yep: down to 71. *sigh* At least I had a few shots at the last one (though I still missed). If LDSC goes above 7400 again, I'm selling the rest. I don't think I can combine my old technique of timing the market with my new technique of waiting for historic highs; they seem to be incompatible with each other. Ah, well, it takes a while to tweak a new system.

And it's already back down to 74. *sigh* I'll see what it does in 3 minutes -- I may be kicking myself.

I'm crossing my fingers for you! Hopefully it'll go back up just for a bit. :)

Figures. I sold the rest of mine yesterday as soon as it hit 74 again. Ah, well. I'm no good at timing the market. I still sold higher than if I'd sold it all at 60. Lower than if I'd just sold the lot at 81, but you can't change the past.

• 2 weeks later...

KAUF is above 60, but only just. I'll be holding on to mine until it hits 74 though. :D