The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

I have a question: what is the lowest increase that people sell their stocks at? I've been selling at 100% or so. Should I wait for them to go higher than this?

I wait for mine to reach at least 60 points, so, since I buy mine at 15, that is a 300%+ increase.

You sell less often, so if you really need the NP, go ahead and keep selling at 100%. If you are comfortable, I would wait. :)

I have a question: what is the lowest increase that people sell their stocks at? I've been selling at 100% or so. Should I wait for them to go higher than this?

100% or so is a fine place to sell. Stocks should be thought of as an earning tool, not something to leave forever. If you're not earning regularly, then you're leaving however much money tied up for no good reason. So don't worry too hard about other people's sell points - focus on your own game, improving your portfolio and getting the earnings to a point where you're consistently happy with them :)

Cool! I'm pretty annoyed at myself for not selling some of my stocks at a 93% increase as the price has now dropped dramatically to round 40%. I hear what you're saying about not keeping money there for no good reason but I'm not in any rush to make millions.

I'm wondering if I'll ever get enough NP to borrow a SuAP or a Bony Grarrl Club. I guess those are my long term goals... 200million NPs seems impossible though :(

Oooo and I got the Adam avatar today - the Asparagus was only worth around 5.3million :D. It was 9.3million the day before. I do wonder where that number comes from sometimes... Anyone know?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Cool! I'm pretty annoyed at myself for not selling some of my stocks at a 93% increase as the price has now dropped dramatically to round 40%. I hear what you're saying about not keeping money there for no good reason but I'm not in any rush to make millions.

I'm wondering if I'll ever get enough NP to borrow a SuAP or a Bony Grarrl Club. I guess those are my long term goals... 200million NPs seems impossible though :(

Oooo and I got the Adam avatar today - the Asparagus was only worth around 5.3million :D. It was 9.3million the day before. I do wonder where that number comes from sometimes... Anyone know?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

EEEEE crashed bad today. Down 24 points :( And BGC is 115 m with Super Attack Pea around 900 m.

Whhhaaaat? How is that pea so expensive? How many people playing this game actually have 900million? Like, seroiusly. Also, I got locked out of my habitarium today. This is a sad day. What is more, I can't seem to submit a ticket to neopets because the page won't load properly. :(.

Keeping an eye on TNAH.. what do you think, guys. Sell at 50 or leave it?

Depends on your portfolio size. If you've only got 1000 shares of it, then sell. If you've got 3000 shares of it, you might want to hold on until 60, or just sell a few if you fancy a bit more in the bank. Generally there's no point waiting forever if you've only got 1000 invested in something :)

Looks like the stock market still has steam.

Sold 2k ACFI at 65. 1k left

Bought 1k PEOP at 10.

Watch:
ACFI at 67 (1k left, Sell point: 75)

FISH at 65 (1k left, Sell point: 75)

TNAH at 56 (1k left, Sell point: 75)

SSS at 58 (5k left, Sell point: 60)

I sold 4k SSS @ 62. Only 1k left.

If I get to sell this last lot of SSS, I an FINALLY reach 11 mil in the bank.

After this I expect extremely boring times.

I try to buy at 15. If none are available at 15, I'll either buy at 16 (or 17 if I have to), or if I know I'll be on Neopets later, I'll wait and see if one gets to 15 (I've had them move the other way, too -- forcing me to buy at 17 instead of 16, but usually you can snag one at 15). Prices change every half hour, on the hour and half-hour. As long as you're buying low (close to the lowest you can) and selling high, it's all good. I'd definitely rather buy at 16 or even up to 20, if I have to (I've never had to go above 18, I think), than skip a day of buying.

P.S. I currently have 634.5k shares total. Just over two years' worth of daily buying. I haven't had a sale in a while; the last few stocks that hit 60 never reached my new selling points. I knew that my number of shares would increase by selling less; I'll just have to see where it settles.

Yeh that makes sense. It figures to make sure that your stocks are spread out amongst the companies, given that they'll all fluctuate a lot.

Siniri, what's the minimum increase that you sell at? Isn't 60 like a 300% increase? please excuse me if it's more like 400%, I'm no mathematician.[/size]

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Sophioski, I have a different sell-point based on each stock. You can find the rationale here; basically, I realized that bank interest doesn't pay nearly as well as the stock market, and so my goal is to leave as much money in the market as possible rather than the bank (I don't have any goals I'm burning to complete, so I have plenty in the bank to cover whatever I want to buy). Therefore, I picked different sell-points for each stock based on past performance, choosing a sell point that it had reached about 3 times in the past, since that seems to be close to its "maximum possible" (ignoring trends where the stock was elevated for a time, since that is unpredictable, and thus far hasn't repeated for any individual stock). I plan to adjust these sell-points every six months or so (apparently I set them in April, so I'll reassess in October), in case a stock has started trending higher than in the past.

You can find my current sell-points here. They're all above 60, so I just check the individual sell-points for any stocks that are approaching 60, so it really doesn't take much more time than just auto-selling at 60, and I've made quite a bit more money already with the new method (compared to my old method of trying to time the peak by relying on a "once it's above 60, keep an eye on it; if it ever loses 10% of the highest I've seen on this run, sell immediately" rule, which often didn't find the true peak, and sometimes missed it entirely if the stocks plummeted too quickly).