The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

Keeping some 18k shares in SHRX in case it flies up. Sold a few from BB, still waiting on it too. Will likely sell off more in the coming week if it doesn't look like it'll go up and higher, but I've seen BB at 80+ a few times :/

Ugh. I checked SHRX just before I left for work, and it was at 75. Now it's down to 70. My sellpoint is 78, so it looks like I missed the peak. Hope it's got a few waves left before plummeting. EEEEE is looking promising all of a sudden now, too.

HELT is also steadily going up. Thankfully I hoarded EEEE when I had the Stock Market boon. It has a tendency not to stay at 15 for long before going up, so it's hard to catch buyable :/

Sad that BB and SHRX didn't stay up for long, at least I got a few sells out of them :P

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what method you use, and what your sell point is. I normally don't calculate earnings per week (Stock Market is never quick enough to make you NP weekly), but I average 300-500k a month depending on which of my stocks go up and if I choose to sell or not. There are a few months a year that don't yield as much if the stocks are down, but they eventually make up for it in a few months.

Back when I was selling anything that hit 60, I tracked my NP savings for my first major goal (12M for a pirate paint brush...). I've been through at least 2 hard drive crashes since then, so I no longer have that file, but over a six-month period or so, I think I was making about 100k a week from stocks, which falls into the range Rune gave. (And that was net, factoring in the cost I was paying for stocks. And I'd already built up my portfolio and was in a "steady state" of buying and selling.)

When I calculated my new individualized sellpoints for each stock, I had calculated that I would beat even the top bank interest by selling less frequently but at higher prices -- and since bank interest is my default, knowing I could beat it meant that I should go to the higher sellpoints and accumulate more of my NP in stocks instead of in the bank. Unless I sell something, I will hit 900k shares of stocks tomorrow (current value 14.5M).

Stocks are definitely a long-term investment. Whatever sellpoint you pick, you will be putting more money in than you take out for a long time. But if you can find a way to afford it, they are also one of the quickest (in terms of actual time spent) ways to earn a decent amount of NP.

HELT has been teasing us for the good part of two weeks :/ Seriously, it should just hit 60 and be done with it xD Going up and down between 45-55 isn't funny anymore. It's currently at 57 though, and I've sold a few just in case it doesn't go up.

I know there are loads of boards askign this, but I do need help picking my sell point. Right now I'm just building , and don't sell at all, but next year I was thinking of using http://www.neopets.com/~stepchild2 'Million a Month' method. But what would you recommend? By then ,my port will be at around 250-275k shares.

I would like any sell point which gives the best profits, even if that spreads out over a year. I would like to carry on building as well, but maybe by about 100k shares a year. So I guess that's selling around 100-200k shares a year MAX.

So summary:

I don't want to sell more than 200k shares a year,

A million NP a month would be great.

What works for you?