The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

The Neopian stock market doesn't work like a real stock market; prices don't go up because everyone's buying (or down because everyone's selling), nor are they linked to what's happening to the "companies" (there are no quarterly earnings reports). It's mostly random. The Neodaq is a great place to learn about the stocks, and they have graphs of the historical performances of all stocks.

This is really high for BB. No one knows how prices will change; they change every 30 min., randomly, and can swing over 70 points in a day (though that's usually only for higher-priced stocks; prices under 100 typically only swing up to 20-30 points in a day). BB might become the next stock to soar into the stratosphere (500-1000+) and stay there a while, or it might crash back down to 15 in the next week. Buying now would be a gamble. You can mitigate the potential loss by having a sell point (and checking every 30 min.). You can sell when it reaches a certain amount, or when it loses x% of its peak if you want to time the market.

Most stock buyers are long-term investors, who use stocks to earn more money than they could in the bank. For investing, the goal is to buy as low as possible (usually 15, unless you have a boon) every single day, and sell when it reaches a certain profit level (some sell at 30, others at 45, others at 60 -- I created a chart based on historic high points with unique sell points for each stock -- I posted it a few pages back). There's a slight chance a stock can go bankrupt, but this hasn't happened in nearly a decade.

KAUF is at 59. (My sell point is 74.)

SMUG is at 50 (SP = 78)

TNAH is steady at 49 (SP = 80)

I only have 2k of SMUG, but I've got 20k of KAUF and 16k of TNAH. If all 3 hit their sell points, that's nearly 3M NP!

..I got stocks from SMUG for 10 each, and now they've gone up a lot ( currently at 49 ). I'm not sure if I should wait or sell right now xD

If you're not in dire need of NPs, I'd suggest holding out until at least 60. You'll make more that way ;)

If you need NPs, then you could sell all, or what I like to do is sell half (or a percentage of what I have) in case it goes up higher.

SMUG is at 60; TNAH at 69. My sellpoints are 78 for SMUG and 80 for TNAH, so I'm waiting.

TNAH hit 80. Just sold off my remaining 2k. Hope I don't regret this. Wish my port was larger so I could stagger sell. Kinda regret selling all my BB at 60 now that it's over 100. Oh well, profit is profit.

TNAH hit 80. Just sold off my remaining 2k. Hope I don't regret this. Wish my port was larger so I could stagger sell. Kinda regret selling all my BB at 60 now that it's over 100. Oh well, profit is profit.

Thanks! I just sold 4k (25% of what I had). I hope I don't wake up to regret not selling the rest.

KAUF is at 68 (sell point = 74). TNAH back to 79 (sell point = 80). SMUG's down to 51 (it never reached its sell point of 78). I've got 22k of KAUF, so I hope it keeps climbing (also still have 12k of TNAH).

Thanks, jcpet, I did! I sold all of it since I only had 2k.

TNAH is back at 80. Since it jumped 13 today, I'm going to try to keep an eye on it rather than selling the rest of what I have. Hopefully it'll rise even higher.

My sell point for ACFI is relatively low (only 65). TNAH sank like a rock by the time I was able to check again yesterday; it's down to 70. I hope it goes up again. It was up ~13 for the day when I saw it at 80, and I got greedy. Ah, well. KAUF's just hanging around the in the 40's; maybe it'll climb soon, too.