Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I wore them for around 5 hours today before they started to bother me a bit.

At this point, I don't really want to back out of using them. My parents paid for the exam and the first pair of contacts. These should last for a month... Then I can decide if I want to have more or not.

I just find it really weird after 7 years of wearing glasses to be able to see my face without being super close to a mirror. Plus, having the correct prescription is lovely.

I swear by contacts. I've worn them pretty much daily for the last 11-12 years. I do anything I can to avoid wearing glasses, since they usually give me headaches.

I tried out contacts when I was 15 and just couldn't do it. My eyes burned, I couldn't even begin to try poking at my eyes. I gave up and tried again the next year and had none of the issues I previously had. I've been wearing them ever since.

They aren't for everyone though. Some people can't wear them at all (My husband can't. His eyes are so sensitive, even an eyelash in his eye feels like a piece of glass) or others can't wear them comfortably without a bunch of trouble, like my sister that has to get more expensive types that allow a ton more oxygen that normal ones.

There's also just getting used to them. Until 2 years ago, I only had to wear one contact, due to one eye that was near perfect vision and one that was terrible. I don't even feel the contact in that eye because I'm so used to it. When I finally started wearing one in my other eye, it drove me crazy for weeks because I could feel it in my eye since I wasn't used to it. Now, I don't feel either one. Sometimes if I worry I lost one, I actually have to go look for the faint line in the mirror to be sure.

I absolutely love my contacts, i don't even own a pair of backup glasses (which is probably a bad idea). Other than when you accidentally get them inside out and you feel like your eye is being stabbed they're awesome. Most people don't take too long to get used to them, after about a month I barely even noticed that they were there.

Yeah, the contacts definitely don't bother me once I forget they're there. But when I remember, I can't help but blink and be bothered. xP

Next week I'm going to get my wisdom teeth out. I'll be glad to be rid of them, but all the same... I'm a little bit freaked out. I've never been put under anesthetic or had any sort of surgery... New adventures, I guess.

Ahh good luck Wildbreeze. I was supposed to get mine out about 6 years ago and have yet to manage to do it. Not so much out of fear but it's so difficult to find the time for it! Let me know how it goes! I've been around a lot of my friends after they've gone through it and they all seem to think it was nothing, so hopefully that's the case!

I'm home from getting my teeth out, and thus far... it's not too bad. They had to try a few times to get the IV with the anesthetic in, but once it was in and they'd hooked it up... Everything got a bit blurry, and that's all I remember. :P They woke me up and I walked drunkenly to the car.

At the moment I feel like a chipmunk--my face is numb and my cheeks are full of gauze. But I have a milkshake to eat with a spoon once the bleeding slows down, and I'm not in pain yet.

I guess they were easy to take out--the doctor gave me my teeth, and they're all whole. If you feel like you need to have yours out, Biedazzle, I wouldn't worry about it. :) The doctors know what they're doing, and it's fairly quick and easy to get done.

That's great! I'm glad it went so well. My sister and I had ours removed forever ago, by the same doctor, but we had totally different experiences. Her's was super easy, mine was terrible, but I had a bad reaction to the anesthetic, where they had trouble getting me to wake up and I was super sick afterwards, probably from that.

I was the same and still have some of that in me. That is why I want to get all the avatars by myself without lends. But it's nice to be able to help people and to talk to them/ask questions about things I couldn't figure out etc.

Hey Doc! :D Do we need to use duct tape to keep you here?

For me, I'll have one good month with ratios, then the next is so-so, then good, then so-so. This past month was the best month I've had in ages.

• 2 weeks later...

And I just got a response from TNT about the not being able to log in on neopets with another nickelodeon account I wanted to use as side account :D

I hope they'll be able to fix it so I can make more pets! :D

Yup, and I hope it will get fixed now. *crosses fingers* I really want to use that username and I am waiting for almost a year now to get it fixed and to be able to create new pretty pets. :)

Edit:

I've received another reply on my ticket:

A solution for your issue has been suggested.

Yes, this is a known issue. Unfortunately for now we have no workaround to get those to work on Neopets.

Sorry about that we hope we can get it resolved soon!

I guess I won't be able to create my new pets yet :(