NC Pet Styles Arrive!

hrtbrk

NC PET STYLES HAVE ARRIVED IN NEOPIA! The shiny new Styling Studio is open and ready for business with its brand new host, Umbra.

UC Pets will now be obtainable by equipping Nostalgic Pet Styles to them using NC Studio Styling Supplies, available in the NC Mall.  Additionally, for a limited time only, all Styling Studio Supplies are 50% off!

To learn more, check out the FAQ pages below and be sure to check out Neopets' release notes page for updates!

UC Conversion FAQ: Click here!

Styling Studio FAQ: Click here!

Styling Chamber FAQ: Click here!

umbra-16-9.png

I, for one, am incredibly disappointed by this.  I had the feeling, when the survey went out ages ago, that this would be the case, and it is.  You can't buy neopets from anyone, but you can absolutely buy uc ones from TNT.  I KNEW they'd go nc, since they asked how much people would be willing to pay, but.  $6USD if you buy your cash from the cheapest vendor to get a random look, and $12 (just to get the amount needed with no extra) to $18 to get the one that you actually want.  It's feels more like a cash grab than anything else.  This makes the single random wearable as expensive as most of the current wonder packs (be-gone aside, since that is special) and the pick your own at nearly twice the most expensive pack.  

That was a very cretin choice. Like you had this neopet, but they took this function, but now if want this function you have to pay for it. 
I hadn't read the neopet official page comments, but I can't be the only one very disappointed in this.

4 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I, for one, am incredibly disappointed by this.  I had the feeling, when the survey went out ages ago, that this would be the case, and it is.  You can't buy neopets from anyone, but you can absolutely buy uc ones from TNT.  I KNEW they'd go nc, since they asked how much people would be willing to pay, but.  $6USD if you buy your cash from the cheapest vendor to get a random look, and $12 (just to get the amount needed with no extra) to $18 to get the one that you actually want.  It's feels more like a cash grab than anything else.  This makes the single random wearable as expensive as most of the current wonder packs (be-gone aside, since that is special) and the pick your own at nearly twice the most expensive pack.  

I knew they'd go NC too for the UC pets, but at least we have the art back! So I for one am very happy to have been able to achieve my dream. The trading for UC pets was crazy too, and to be fair, the NC can be free. Most of my NC that I've gotten has been free, through events or winning the Scarab expellibox. It is kinda expensive sure, but I'm sure if they made it really cheap a lot of people would have complained too as it would "lose value" because it's not "special" anymore.

I've gotten the nc prize from the expellibox twice, I think?  And I don't think from anywhere else.  I bought it once to get extra pet slots, but definitely won't be buying anything for uc pets because unless I got a bunch of the deluxe stuff now I would likely not be able to afford it in future if it doesn't go on sale again.  Glad we've got the old artwork back, but the price is too high.  It would have hurt no one if TNT had made it easy for anyone to afford, except perhaps a few elitists who wanted something special.  

9 hours ago, hime said:

That was a very cretin choice. Like you had this neopet, but they took this function, but now if want this function you have to pay for it. 
I hadn't read the neopet official page comments, but I can't be the only one very disappointed in this.

Didn't they give anyone who had a uc pet the skin that would match what it looked like?  Or was that only for painted pets and not the starter colours?

11 hours ago, Duma said:

I knew they'd go NC too for the UC pets, but at least we have the art back! So I for one am very happy to have been able to achieve my dream. The trading for UC pets was crazy too, and to be fair, the NC can be free. Most of my NC that I've gotten has been free, through events or winning the Scarab expellibox. It is kinda expensive sure, but I'm sure if they made it really cheap a lot of people would have complained too as it would "lose value" because it's not "special" anymore.

Does the scarab expellibox work for anyone?  It hasn't worked for me since we lost flash.  

25 minutes ago, shauns_fiancee said:

Does the scarab expellibox work for anyone?  It hasn't worked for me since we lost flash.  

Yes, it works but without the flash part. You just go to this page.

Although it is rare to win! In my 10+ years of doing it daily I've won somewhere between 5 and 10 times. I have gotten NC through some events though, I just can't remember what events (Maybe Neopets or neomall birthdays or so).

I got the grey Draik cause I had a deluxe one from the stocking stufftacular. I'm thinking about offering customs for items I need to finish my NC customizations though. Seems how they're like 1400 a pop I think I could get some of the harder items I've been trying to get.