Go awaayyyyy!

GillyTook

Obnoxious spambots.  Seriously, some of us use the most recent posts feature 🙄  Do people actually fall for this nonsense?  Because they'd have to be making cash off of it, you'd think, to keep sending them out, unless it's just some jerk with self-esteem/ego problems who keeps creating them to inconvenience others.  **waves broom at spam bots**  Shoo!  SHOO!!!

7 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Obnoxious spambots.  Seriously, some of us use the most recent posts feature 🙄  Do people actually fall for this nonsense?  Because they'd have to be making cash off of it, you'd think, to keep sending them out, unless it's just some jerk with self-esteem/ego problems who keeps creating them to inconvenience others.  **waves broom at spam bots**  Shoo!  SHOO!!!

We are just as annoyed as you are! We are doing everything we can to stop this from happening and have all anti-spam protocols in place, but they're still getting through. Ian is investigating what's going on and hopefully, we can get this sorted out soon. I wish it was as simple as beating them with a broomstick! Hang in there everyone! 💝

OMG! I really thought they were done. The spam is back again. I'm wondering if I open a post to report it will they be able to access any of my information?

I thought they were done as well but they've restarted unfortunately. We've all been trying very hard to keep them out and all of their profiles are being investigated by Ian. He is doing everything he can to find out how they manage to get around our anti-spam protocols so he can fix the loophole.

I myself am also using the unread content button all the time so I feel your pain! Reporting is never a waste of our time, but in this case it's pretty obvious so we would see it without the reports too, you don't need to waste your precious time, just don't worry about ours 😉.

Just know we are doing our very best in keeping the forum clean and in trying to keep them out.

Duma, I never doubted that you and everyone else on your team is working to stop this. It has to be as frustrating to you all as it is to us members.  The people posting this crap are idiots. Even if he does discover who *they* are not sure he can do much about it. Not saying he isn't able too but if they are smart enough to keep doing this then they are smart enough to keep from getting caught. I  will just wait, I'm sure they will either get tired of this site or of you all deleting them. I just hope it's sooner than later. lol

Thanks for the update!

These posts are coming from a spam bot, similar to a robo caller which is why they're able to do so many so fast. Ian probably won't find the culprit, but hopefully, he can shut them out so we can have our forum back to normal.

Thank you all for your kind words and patience while we deal with this annoying intrusion.

If you notice something that we've missed, like a spam post that's been up for several hours but hidden among other posts, please report it so we can take care of it. But if it's showing up on the side of new posts for each forum, we'll be able to easily tackle those ones.