Neopets Classic Games Return!

hrtbrk

It's been nearly 3 years since Flash games were retired on Neopets, and today many fan favourite games were restored to a playable state. Players are once again able to play games to earn Neopoints, avatars and high score trophies. 

Head to the Games Room to play some of your favourite classic Neopets games now!

games-room-ruffle-banner-bg.png

Hahahahahahaha. Ok, that's made my week. Absolutely made my week. Admittedly, it doesn't take a lot at the moment as it's been a really cruddy couple of weeks. But I'll take my wins where I can get them. TURMAC ROLL HERE WE COME!

Are the games super crunchy for anyone else? most of them freeze drop frames constantly and i'm not sure if its just chrome or in general.

^ I'm on firefox and they run just fine!

All my favourites are back! Sutek's tomb, kou-jong, crisis courier, kiko match and of course, my long-time nemesis, Carnival of Terror. I am horrendously out of practice, but I WILL redeem myself and claw out the last 11 points that I need for the avatar or so help me! :angry:

ive figured out it my laptop specifically. All of my other devices seem to run fine.

On 7/29/2023 at 8:12 PM, berriganify said:

^ I'm on firefox and they run just fine!

All my favourites are back! Sutek's tomb, kou-jong, crisis courier, kiko match and of course, my long-time nemesis, Carnival of Terror. I am horrendously out of practice, but I WILL redeem myself and claw out the last 11 points that I need for the avatar or so help me! :angry:

On 7/29/2023 at 8:21 PM, 96037 said:

Are the games super crunchy for anyone else? most of them freeze drop frames constantly and i'm not sure if its just chrome or in general.

I've played some Turmac Roll and sometimes he would literally roll over a berry but not eat it. I've missed a lot of them too. The timing seems a bit off. I can work with it though. Just got to get used to the new timing and hope he won't skip high pointer berries.

Ah, it seems Neopets is using Ruffle! Ruffle is a FLASH EMULATOR! So these are probably NOT HTML5 revampings of the games, but the original FLASH GAMES we used to play!

I just unlocked all modes in Mootix Drop, and sure enough, Kadoatie(sp?) level in INSANE mode is STILL bugged like it always was!

Nice to play Mootix Drop again though. 🙂

Anyway, I wonder if the reason TNT hasn't released MORE games yet is because Ruffle is not yet able to do 100% of flash content yet?

If you want to keep tabs on Ruffle's progress with some different aspects of flash, this is their website.

https://ruffle.rs/

You can also download the latest build(s) of their player for your PC if you have flash content on your PC you can't load because of the demise of flash. Not everything will work yet, but they've made incredible advancements since I first heard of them. 😉