Don't ya just hate it when..... (Share your AC XIII woes)

Would you believe, I finally got my very first 17-0 score of this season, and then I get the red error of doom when sending the score, advising me to close and reopen the window. So that score didn't count. I don't know what set it off, it was the only tab in that window, and the ONLY thing on Neopets I was doing at the time. It wasn't even close to a "perfect game". If it had been, I might've gotten to 18, which is my goal to attempt this year as in past years. Instead of messing up a couple of times. lol Anyway, just.... really ticked about losing that 17-0 score. -_- I have the screenshot, but I seriously DOUBT TNT will make it count. Although, this was the reason I started screenshotting all my wins of 10+ goals years ago. To prove to them I actually did score that high, not that they actually care.

So, anyone else have any frustrating woes due to game errors and the like? I realize we're only in the first WEEK here, but I'm sure there are other bugs and errors out there, I can't be the only one to get hit with one in a most frustrating way. ?

1. accidentally pulling the power cable out mid game

2. starting a game then realising I haven't actually plugged the keyboard in so scrambling to do it before my slushie customers pile up (my down arrow is broken so Im plugging a keyboard into my laptop)

3. finishing a high scoring game and chrome wimping out on me and closing down

8 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

You get three (3!) Darigan Yooyuballs in one game!

NO! That's . . . that's just not natural, I think an exorcism is required. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Angeló said:

when you're up 14-0 and you are happy and proud and there's 2 seconds left on the clock and you get a Darigan Yooyu !!

or when you lose connection and score won't send 

Last year I had 4 darigan in one game. I don't recall the final score though! lol And yeah, losing a great score like 14-0 is brutal too! ?

That being said, I find that for a chance at scoring, normally, with only seconds left in the game, that 3 seconds are needed for your character to get the yooyu, power up, and make it fly to the goal. I haven't been able to score with 2 left on the clock, but with 3 seconds left, it's possible. 2 might be possible with a Fire Yooyu and/or the Enlarging Power-up. I know with the enlarger and the fire yooyu, a 1-second goal IS possible, because I've done it. REALLY rare though, to get that combo. And the Enlarger needs to be right there when you grab the yooyu. Otherwise, with some skill and a lot of luck, getting 6 goals per minute on the game-clock is possible. Though so far my best ever score is 17-0, (Which I have achieved several times over the last few years) and so I am trying to see if 18 is even possible. Because at the end they come at you really hard and fast. Seems like they get more aggressive after every 4th goal you score.

EDIT: Another on my list. When you get a darigan, and the opposing Goalie BLOCKS it 6 times! Just happened! I FINALLY managed to get it into the net, with barely enough time to score 4 more points to make it a 10-0 game. PHEW!

Oh yeah, quick tip if you want to try to steal the yooyu from the goalie. Get kind of in front of the goalie, and SPAM the spacebar or whatever you mouse-players use, and with some luck you can steal it back from the goalie, and being so close it will probably go right into the net before you know you've stolen it back! LOL

Maybe make them similarly to those Koosh(sp?) balls that used to be popular. So that nobody pokes an eye-out? lol I wouldn't mind a Faerie Yooyu stressball either. I loaathe it almost as much as the Darigan. lol Some include Mutant in the list, I'm neutral because usually Mutant seems to know to NOT pull any "carp" with me. LOL Though the mutant yooyu seems to be testing my patience this year. lol I've had 2 or 3 so far that didn't behave quite as I wanted them to. lol But I guess they're just trying to do their job! LOL

LOL For the darigan stress ball, can you imagine if they were able to let it's red eyes not only remain visible, but GLOWING red? And when you crush it, it makes this horrible darigan cackle? I could see that as being a great novelty prank. Or to freak out kids on a campout or something. LOL

Sales would spike during every AC, I know that much. ? If the eyes could glow that would freak a lot of people out. xDD

The Faerie Yooyu's kind of worse than the Darigan one, isn't it, I mean you expect the homicidal rage to be generated by that one, but the Faerie's so fluffy, and pretty, and innocent-looking, and then . . . GRRR!! >:[

5 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Sales would spike during every AC, I know that much. ? If the eyes could glow that would freak a lot of people out. xDD

The Faerie Yooyu's kind of worse than the Darigan one, isn't it, I mean you expect the homicidal rage to be generated by that one, but the Faerie's so fluffy, and pretty, and innocent-looking, and then . . . GRRR!! >:[

LOL Yeah, I loathe drawing the faerie, when I do I usually take a specific route to TRY to get it in with the first shot. From the center, I go straight up, left (I play right to left) along the top of the field while charging to shoot, and then straight down just a bit in front of the goalie's box. Then when he moves up, clearing most of the net, I hold the left arrow and fire, and hope for the best. lol It eats up about 4 seconds total, if the yooyu isn't stolen or something, but it's best to get it in ASAP, even if I have to sacrifice a couple extra seconds to do it. Because otherwise, if it's stolen or something, it will take more time off the clock just chasing the darn thing down.

20 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I don't think so, about the Faerie Yooyu. It's Darigan, Faerie, then Mutant. I can score way more often with a Faerie Yooyu, than a Darigan one. Faerie ones don't bother me, except when it's Darigan, Faerie, then Darigan again.

3 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I don't think so, about the Faerie Yooyu. It's Darigan, Faerie, then Mutant. I can score way more often with a Faerie Yooyu, than a Darigan one. Faerie ones don't bother me, except when it's Darigan, Faerie, then Darigan again.

I have just as much trouble with both. Though this year, I've played YYB so little it's kind of a moot point. I really struggled with just one game today. (2 mutant yooyus, no real nasties) spent the majority of it playing catch with that walking HOUSE of a Tyrannian goalie :arrowhead:

Weird! I'm just playing what few games I can, didn't have much time to play today, and I literally just LOST CONTROL of my team! I'm used to the goalie giving me control troubles, but this time it was the forward and my 3 defenders. They just started moving/shooting on their own! What the heck?! It wasn't interference from the mouse as the mouse cursor was on the right side of the screen out of the gamefield's borders.

I can't remember having the entire team fighting my keyboard commands. Just STRANGE! It should have been a 13-0 game, but with the time that was eaten up from losing control, it was an 11-0 game. Still GOOD, but not what it should've been. ? That being said, Shenkuu always seems to put more FIGHT into it than some of the other teams. Kreludor and a few others are tough opponents too. More aggressive than some other teams' programming tend to be. I'm not sure if that's because they place most years or what, but man what a pain those teams can be! LOL

I was having what felt like the opposite problem yesterday--instead of acting on their own when I didn't want them to, my players IGNORED me when I told them to do something! :grrr: They wouldn't steal the ball, wouldn't shoot it, turned in the wrong direction...SO irritating, especially towards the end of the day when my patience was running extremely thin. 

9 hours ago, kayahtik said:

I was having what felt like the opposite problem yesterday--instead of acting on their own when I didn't want them to, my players IGNORED me when I told them to do something! :grrr: They wouldn't steal the ball, wouldn't shoot it, turned in the wrong direction...SO irritating, especially towards the end of the day when my patience was running extremely thin. 

I've had those issues too, it's just weird that it's starting up in the middle of the competition. I don't recall having these issues last year, not sure about the year(s) before last. Because these have happened before in the past. Even so, it's exceedingly frustrating!

I hope your team starts "listening" to you soon. Usually, I have the most issues when trying to control my Goalie. I even HOLD the V key down sometimes and STILL it's a massive fight to get him into position! >(

Seriously! I had a 13-0 game and I get a Darigan Yooyu for my last ball:angry:.  Still a great score, but man.

I reset the game, I mean, seriously, who wants a Darigan yooyu in their game, right?

Anyway, I hate it when I get the fire yooyu and I wind up to shoot it, only to have one of the defenders in the back field catch it:angry:.  Uggh!

Bahahaha!  I was joking.  I didn't reset the game.  Gotcha!  LOL:whaa:

19 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Anyway, I hate it when I get the fire yooyu and I wind up to shoot it, only to have one of the defenders in the back field catch it:angry:.  Uggh! 

THIS HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY ?

10 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Is it just me? Am I the only one who feels "guilty" if I don't score (in time) with the Clockwork Yooyu?

No, not just you AT. ALL. believe me! ?