Trudy's Surprise - Changes On The Way

Scoobert_Doo

It seems Trudy does not feel like giving any surprises! Our developers are on the case and we hope to have it working again very soon.
You may have also noticed that you no longer get a Trudy pop-up. That is not a bug but intentional.
So hold tight and we should have things working soon.
Thank you!

^^ From TNT. So Hopefully soon!!

Just also got Neomail saying trudy is ready... Spun and won 4000, and received hoping this is fixed now..

Oh ho ho! We has a present!!

96SdRGw.png

*runs off to press buttons*

EDIT: Hahaha, I guess a load of people activating Trudy at once isn't the best thing ever, it won't load :laughingsmiley: I LIKE this notification method though.

Haha! After your first sentence, I imagined Gollum hobbling/skipping to Trudy's surprise for his neopoints.

"Those filthy, nasty neopets teamses! They lied and stole and cheated poor Gollum. But Gollum has The Precious back!"

If you've never seen LOTR, this might be awkward. Hopefully someone will understand me.  :worried:  :D

Either way, it gave me a good laugh!

It still does not work for me. I spun the wheel and it said I got 4000 NP, but I never received the neopoints...

Am I the only one that is having this problem? :s

Haha! After your first sentence, I imagined Gollum hobbling/skipping to Trudy's surprise for his neopoints.

"Those filthy, nasty neopets teamses! They lied and stole and cheated poor Gollum. But Gollum has The Precious back!"

HA!

What has it got in its pocketses?!?

A pointless bad luck bonus message and no actual Neopoints, that's what!  :woot: Sucks be to you, Gollum!

Really good to see that they're clearly working hard to get this fixed though. Seems to me like it's doing the typical thing that broken things like to do, which is get worse before they get better, lol.

Ok, my spin today...this could be useful knowledge!

On opening the tab up it just sat saying loading... in yellow letters across the plain blue background, this is what it did when I first tried i yesterday. THIS time...I shut it down using the X in the corner, just to see what that did now, and THAT made the game appear so I could spin...interesting!

No matches for me today...

Ugh! Rotten luck.

Here’s something to cheer you up – the Terrifyingly Bad Luck Bonus!

Congratulations! You’ve won

3000 Neopoints

Got 4k yesterday so the prizes are still all over the place, but I got something so yay! \o/

So that message that disappeared yesterday reappeared again today and I went to the link as published in the event message. TS loaded normally and I spun and got:

Ugh! Rotten luck.

3000 Neopoints

I guess its working but I'm guessing everything is a "Bad Luck Bonus"  :shiftyeyes_anim:

So that message that disappeared yesterday reappeared again today and I went to the link as published in the event message. TS loaded normally and I spun and got:

Ugh! Rotten luck.

3000 Neopoints

I guess its working but I'm guessing everything is a "Bad Luck Bonus"  :shiftyeyes_anim:

TNT's way of "calming the angry mob" I guess, haha. It happened to me too.

Yep. Spun today. Got two matching icons, yo-yos, but got 3000NP for the "Terrifyingly Bad Luck Bonus". The NP was added to my NP on hand, so working, but still not?!

Same, though it apparently doesn't reset at midnight.  You get an event when it's ready to spin.

EDIT: Wait a second...I don't know if the NP actually got added.  Maybe I'm just imagining things.

EDIT 2: They did, I'm just going mad.  :laughingsmiley:

EDIT 3: Okay, it DOES reset at midnight.  My brain hurts.  4500 just now though!  Not too shabby!

I didn't receive my neopoints today. I got the event saying it reset. I spun it, it said I got 4500 NP, but I wasn't credited. I feel like I'm the only one with this issue now.

Ok, today I got 2 matches and 5k (I did receive the NP), which is 1k more than I got yesterday. Still with the pointless bonus message of course.

I'm not sure how I feel about the event message every time it's ready to spin, that was a nice way of letting us know things were "fixed", but I don't want to have to delete a notification every day.

Onward and upward though, things are slowly working better! Good luck everyone else. :yes:

I guess it's possible that I did my math wrong... I wasn't paying complete attention to my neopoints on hand.

At least it seems like it's working better than it did.

At least it seems like it's working better than it did.

Yeah that's the only way to look at it at the moment, isn't it. :laughingsmiley:

I haven't gotten any NP since the change and I've spun every day. It really seems like they rushed this without fully testing it, but I guess I can see why it was necessary.

Today I got a genuine bad luck bonus, lol! No matches and 500np more than yesterday. That's what it's actually meant to do, isn't it...this is so all over the place now that it's totally confusing me and I can't remember what's right. >_<

It still has some serious problems. Half the time I don't receive my neopoints, and most of the time it says I get Bad Luck Bonus even when I don't.

It's not as big of a deal to me because I just want Ghoul Catchers to be working at the moment.

Today (a few minutes ago) I had three things match. But it said I had the Bad Luck Bonus. Oh well, at least I got paid the 7,500. :rolleyes_anim:

Edit: Looking at the TDN article about Trudy's Surprise, it appears that the payout is matching what your spin is, NOT necessarily what the pop-up tells you. For example, yesterday I had no matches and got paid 5,500. That is correct for day 4--but it said I had the Bad Luck Bonus then too. Today's payout is correct for the 3 matches on a day 5. So that part is working apparently. Just ignore the pop-up about the Bad Luck Bonus. :laughingsmiley:

http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/trudys-surprise

It appears everything works for me with the exception of the incorrect message.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Trudy's come over all passive aggressive...

For the last 5 days in a row I really have had no matches and am rightfully earning the bad luck bonus message :laughingsmiley:

How's it been for everyone else?

That's where I'm confused... The same thing happens to me, but I thought you could only get Bad Luck Bonus like twice a week? I guess they changed it, I dunno... :S

Maybe it's their way of "fixing" things while they figure out how to get the everlasting bad luck bonus message to go away. :laughingsmiley:

I've had at least one pair most of the days so far. And when I didn't had a pair I didn't receive a "bonus" just the amount I would have gotten for having no pairs. I'm at the 19k each day now, so it'll be easier to tell now.