Day 7 - Ice Cream Machine [Double Dare]

hrtbrk

Tips for the game since I've already beaten it without much trouble.

-use the cheat code

-stay to the top center so you don't get backed into a corner, this is especially important in later levels when the scoops cluster and move faster.

-try to slow down as much as you can without risking yourself

-try to collect bonus items and lives without risking your current life

-conserve your lives until level orange, you're going to need them

-you should get the score before or on the chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips level

Keep at it! :D

Don't forget that, if you're at the top, you can leave the screen with your mouse and enter your mouse on a different part of the screen. Adee will then "jump" to that spot. It's still hard, but in the later levels it could save you if you re-enter on a spot without scoops.

Other than that, move as minimum as needed, just zigzag between the scoops.

The shield is nice, but being small is much easier. If you're small and you take a shield, you go back to full size!

If you have a bomb scoop, take it (if it's easy to reach) when there are NO toppings in the screen.

Try to avoid the slower (-) scoop in later levels, more scoops will be on the screen and it will be harder to find a spot to zigzag between them.

Prioritize a fish over a sherry (more points)

Remember, it's better to stay alive with less points than lose a life trying to grab a bonus scoop, extra life or powerup!

Finally, one of the games I like. I suppose everybody have their own way of playing. In my experience, the thing where you make appear the guy from TNT does not give you more bonuses later, but for ME, I notice that if in the first level I get one of the two food bonuses, later I get more food than when I do not get any in the first level... so I just restart it when I do not get any. Also, I do not like using the slow down bonus, because make it harder for me to play when it is over. And in the earlier levels I try using the fast powerup, make it easy for me to get used to the speed.

Day 7

i knew my AAA run had to end sometime .. this is the longest ive had ... 

my HS is 7810 which i played for hours to get and it's still like half the avatar score .. my mouse isnt good and my finger slips on the trackpad ..

sooooooo i went with Abigail

Abi : 600

Me : 3665

Finally, one of the games I like. I suppose everybody have their own way of playing. In my experience, the thing where you make appear the guy from TNT does not give you more bonuses later, but for ME, I notice that if in the first level I get one of the two food bonuses, later I get more food than when I do not get any in the first level... so I just restart it when I do not get any. Also, I do not like using the slow down bonus, because make it harder for me to play when it is over. And in the earlier levels I try using the fast powerup, make it easy for me to get used to the speed.

My bad, it used to be like that for me, but not anymore... Also I were better at it... I'm awful now... I barely reach 5000... I never got the avatar, but I were close if I'm not mistaken. At least 12000 points I think... It is doable for me nonetheless.

Oh man, this was a tricky one! It took me 4 tries before I was able to achieve 8000+. I just stayed near the center, not really at the top. What I found really helpful was turning the sound and music off and playing some relaxing music (what I was listening to was The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion soundtrack...soooo soothing!)

Don't give up! I beat him right at the double chocolate stage.

I just had the best ICM game ever. Seriously, life bonuses out the wazoo, the orange shirt guy bonus (1000 points) which I've never seen before... Then I kept clipping ice creams where I would swear that I wasn't, a little over 2000 away from the avatar score. And I forgot to challenge AAA before sending the score.  :S Back to it, I suppose.

Edit: After playing again, I can safely say I have NEVER seen so many life bonuses. I got at least one, sometimes two, on almost every level. Did they change how often these appear in the game, or do I just have some weird luck? I had 9 lives at one point, but then the level I was on kept blocking me in so I lost 5 of them in one go.

I just had the best ICM game ever. Seriously, life bonuses out the wazoo, the orange shirt guy bonus (1000 points) which I've never seen before... Then I kept clipping ice creams where I would swear that I wasn't, a little over 2000 away from the avatar score. And I forgot to challenge AAA before sending the score.  :S Back to it, I suppose.

Edit: After playing again, I can safely say I have NEVER seen so many life bonuses. I got at least one, sometimes two, on almost every level. Did they change how often these appear in the game, or do I just have some weird luck? I had 9 lives at one point, but then the level I was on kept blocking me in so I lost 5 of them in one go.

I think it's random. I've had some games like that as well, where I either kept receiving bonuses or lives (never both, unfortunately). (And then I tend to immediately lose all lives at a level I usually manage to easily pass. So annoying.)

It can be a really frustrating game, where it seems you shouldn't get hit and then you were anyway (my least favourite part is when you get hit by two different scoops from slightly different angles at the same time, and you lose 2 lives at once), but at the same time, I've been certain I'd get hit by a scoop, only to have it pass me by.

All in all, this was probably the easiest game for me, as it's one of the few games I actually play regularly.

For those struggling with the game:

In addition to what was mentioned above, if you are already small and then get a shield, you stay small (while also using the shield). (But being small is definitely better than having a shield, if you have a choice.) You also get back to full size again when collecting lives and bonuses, so try to remember that if you happen to be close to a scoop when you pick one up while small. (However, this also means that if you accidentally got bigger, you can become smaller again by getting a shield, bonus, etc.)

Oh, and I personally prefer to stay near the middle of the screen, instead of close to the top (I never did get the hang of that 'leaving the screen and entering it again at another place' thing). I find I've got more room to move around if I stay in the center of the screen.

If it's the choice between getting hit by a scoop and picking up an unwanted bonus (like growing in size or speeding up/down - depending on your preferences), choose the bonus anyway. Anything's better than losing a life. (Maybe an obvious one, but it took me a while before I could make myself steer into a bonus I didn't want, just to save myself.)

Oh I do not like this game! I never thought about taking your mouse out of the screen to make her jump; that's pretty clever.

I also had a lot of extra lives show up. On my AAA scoring run, I had 9 lives by the peach level and lost half of 'em in that level  :nerd:

When I play, I clicked the little gear on the play icon to change the settings so that the game plays on "large" instead of "regular". I feel like it helped a lot!

I also really wanted the ice cream skirt  :icecream:

Got it! Woot-Woot! My highscore on this is 8,500 so I was pretty sure I could get it, just took some re-playing and lucky points on the bonus ice cream type (Fish and Cherry)