Ghoul Catchers

sapphireau

Got it connected to my android phone just fine, I'm glad that previously logging into an iPhone didn't affect it. In fact, it saved my place on the map perfectly so that's a good sign! It says the facebook login worked but I haven't yet tested whether the fb app works yet (it still hasn't).

It plays so much nicer on my bigger HTC One screen than the tiny iPhone 4 screen!

Downloaded to my nook as I said I would when it would be on google play. It wouldn't let me choose 'remember me' but I logged in fine nonetheless. Data appears to be shared amongst any/all platforms it's played on without any prompting from the player to save or load from a cloud.

According to other reports, the Android release has nowhere near the same problems iOS and FB had. Which is good. It gives me a little hope in the competency of the ones in charge of the app.

EDIT: Ahhh, interesting. I must've not seen anyone say anything about getting items for completing a map... nice. And like the last batch of items for initial signup I got them near instantly. Impressive.

It's a bit difficult to get straight what everyone said. The issue with me and siniri is that we both cannot log in on our main accounts (probably because it's an older account, mine is 8 years) but can connect a side account (which is younger), so we did that. There were people saying 'OOHH you're breaking the rules! You'll get frozen!', even though TNT hasn't clarified wether playing Ghoul Catchers on a side account is okay or not. So, I'm still trying to connect my main account, and not playing on my side account (who is already connected) until TNT clears up wether it's okay or not.

Not sure about the "older" account theory, as my Neopets account is 9.5 years old and I can play Ghoul Chatchers on Facebook. Mine worked liked Shane for Wax posed - only once did I receive the "provider error" message, and after that, no issues. I haven't tried it on Android or iOS, though. I'm sure there are others here, on TDN, who have much older accounts and it works and doesn't work, for them, too. It sure is a strange issue, though. It seems to be rather random, as from reading the previous posts (and, yes, I have read them all). As Ghoul Catchers was just released for Android, I haven't seen any posts, on TDN, if anyone is experiencing the same issues, but, of course, reading the comments on Google Play, people are experiencing the same thing. If it was region specific, although not good, it would be understandable from a technical view, but people in the same country are unable to play while others in the same country can. I guess we will all just have to wait and see what the fix is. That will be interesting. As I do not have a side account, a noob to that sort of thing and I know ignorance is no excuse, it does spark the question, "Are you allowed to earn Neopoints on a side account by playing the (Flash/HTML based) games on Neopets?" I know certain games, like the "Fruit Machine" state using multiple accounts is not allowed and can get your account(s) frozen, but is it allowed for Solitaire (sp?), Tug-of-War, Whack-A-Kass, etc? If "no", then I understand the cautions others are giving. If yes, then I still understand the caution, as it seems accounts have been frozen for less. I do not believe the intent was "you're cheating", but more of a friendly caution from one TDN'er to another. Anyhow, the game is so new, there are bound to be bugs to be worked out. Hopefully, Neopets will find/fix it soon.

I am already on house 21 on my Android but have not received any rewards :( and was able to login to both FB and my Neopets account without issues.

Anyone else having this issue?

A lot of people are experiencing issues with prizes being awarded. Myself being one. I'd just submit a ticket and hopefully they resolve it. :)

I cannot seem to get it to connect to my neo account. It keeps giving me the error that my word and account don't match but I know for a fact that they are correct, I even reset it and it still won't connect.

EDIT: It does seem to connect just fine for my account under 5 years old. I am going to try on my oldest account now (not my main).

EDITx2: Interesting, the issue might have actually been the length of my word not something else. I shortened it and it connected immediately...

As I do not have a side account, a noob to that sort of thing and I know ignorance is no excuse, it does spark the question, "Are you allowed to earn Neopoints on a side account by playing the (Flash/HTML based) games on Neopets?" I know certain games, like the "Fruit Machine" state using multiple accounts is not allowed and can get your account(s) frozen, but is it allowed for Solitaire (sp?), Tug-of-War, Whack-A-Kass, etc? If "no", then I understand the cautions others are giving. If yes, then I still understand the caution, as it seems accounts have been frozen for less. I do not believe the intent was "you're cheating", but more of a friendly caution from one TDN'er to another. Anyhow, the game is so new, there are bound to be bugs to be worked out. Hopefully, Neopets will find/fix it soon.

You're right-- earning np thru any fashion that is 'controllable' (in other words: it isn't a universal award by TNT such as with the lag 'rewards') is against the rules. They have stated they can be lenient if it's an accidental one time thing, but beyond that they would prefer you earn np on one 'main' account.

Anyhow, as for the game itself, it's still doing pretty well though I have not played in the past day or so.

I cannot seem to get it to connect to my neo account. It keeps giving me the error that my word and account don't match but I know for a fact that they are correct, I even reset it and it still won't connect.

EDIT: It does seem to connect just fine for my account under 5 years old. I am going to try on my oldest account now (not my main).

EDITx2: Interesting, the issue might have actually been the length of my word not something else. I shortened it and it connected immediately...

I will say that some apps do not like particularly long passwords, as they only have a certain amount of entry field. Some people I know hate this restriction for security reasons but there you have it. I've had my PS3 not want to log me into Netflix cause of my email being too long, as well.

Guys, I just discovered the app doesn't let you log in (for android anyway, only tested this on there) if you have a capital letter as the first letter of your password. I was trying to log in, it kept giving me "Provider Error" and saying to try again. Changed it to lowercase letters, problem solved.

That's odd, because my password has a capital letter as the first letter and I logged in just fine on Facebook and Android. Probably not a universal 'fix' but one nonetheless that people can try.

I installed it for my android through the google play store. It was a bit slow to load but it seemed to be working fine. I signed in with my neopets account and got the np and items but then when I went to play the very first level, the game just closed. It keeps doing it and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. It just won't let me play it at all!

I hope they manage to improve this game because I think it could do really well.

Hmmm... That's a new problem as far as I know (or at least, I haven't heard of it before now. I'm not omniscient lol). You might think about submitting a ticket for it, including android version as well as what it's installed on (nook, phone, etc., and version of said device)

I've been playing on both Facebook and my Android phone (mostly my phone) without problems connecting my account and receiving NP/items. I have noticed something strange about gameplay that I'm wondering if other people are experiencing.

While playing on Android, this has happened to me three or four times: when I'm playing a particularly good game and hit the one-star goal with several turns left, I go to make my next move and I can't. Instead of letting me make my move, several of the ghouls turn into powered-up ghouls, each expending one of my turns. It uses up all of my turns, then the power-ups trigger like they normally do at the end of the game, and I have a crazy score because ALL the power-ups. I don't think I'm making this happen, but maybe it's an intentional bonus that I'm triggering somehow? Otherwise, it's a ridiculous glitch that I feel bad for benefiting from and I don't know what to do. :( Is anyone else experiencing that?

I signed up through Facebook and played the first level on myiPhone. It worked! I got the NP's and these items:

sta_gcm_gctriostamp.gif
Official Ghoul Catchers Stamp

(special) clo_gcm_gcjacketpack.gif
Ghoul Catchers Coat of Containment

(wearable)
(special)

I finished the first map 2 days ago but never received any of the items. (At this point, I have no idea if I've received the NP or not.) After returning to my desk after getting some work stuff done, I had all of my items waiting for me. :D

I signed up through Facebook and played the first level on myiPhone. It worked! I got the NP's and these items:

sta_gcm_gctriostamp.gif

Official Ghoul Catchers Stamp

(special) clo_gcm_gcjacketpack.gif

Ghoul Catchers Coat of Containment

(wearable)

(special)

I also signed up through Facebook just a little while ago, and have been getting my NP and items instantly. I can see this becoming a nice supplement to my daily income now that Keyquest and Habi are both down.

I feel bad for anyone who may still be having issues receiving their prizes. :( Perhaps it's glitchier on some platforms than on others? (I have no idea if that's actually the case)

I downloaded the game on Thursday and the only real problems I have been dealing with is it freezing up (especially when im just FINALLY ABOUT TO BEAT A LEVEL) and/or crashing and closing completely. I've gotten the items and stuff no problem, but damn is this game hard after the first map.

I'm only in house 21 and im bored of the game because I just can't beat it.

For those of you who are able to play and are good, any tips on how to actually play and beat the levels without wanting to throw my phone across the room? haha

I finished the first map 2 days ago but never received any of the items. (At this point, I have no idea if I've received the NP or not.) After returning to my desk after getting some work stuff done, I had all of my items waiting for me. :D

Well, I'm evidently the opposite - I'm definitely receiving the NP to my account but no indication of my prizes yet.

It would appear they're finally getting things straightened out though :)

EDIT: Just finished level 20 and as soon as I did I had my prizes from that as well as my prizes from starting the game. I must have triggered something when it went to send the next wave of prizes out.

I downloaded the game on Thursday and the only real problems I have been dealing with is it freezing up (especially when im just FINALLY ABOUT TO BEAT A LEVEL) and/or crashing and closing completely. I've gotten the items and stuff no problem, but damn is this game hard after the first map.

I'm only in house 21 and im bored of the game because I just can't beat it.

For those of you who are able to play and are good, any tips on how to actually play and beat the levels without wanting to throw my phone across the room? haha

My game always decides to freeze and force close when I'm about to beat a level too!

As far as strategy, I've beaten all the levels and am now going back trying to get 3 stars on all. The best strategy I have found is to make as many power ups as possible and save them all for the end when it plays them after your turns are gone. That way you're earning points without using your limited turns. Other than that, trying to make matches as close to the bottom of the screen as possible so you might make chain reactions.

Good luck!

I haven't read all the comments yet so I apologize if the provider error and loading issues have been answered already. I initially got those problems but I tried logging in at different times and it eventually cleared itself up. I suspect that it could be a traffic issue so try random times of day or night if you can. Once you get in and it links your account, you shouldn't have anymore problems with that. Yes it can take a few days.

Another error I have encountered: if I leave the game idle for a while is "Cannot load date". I simply click an outside link like my news feed link or something then click the game app link to return to the game. Simply refreshing the page doesn't usually work. Hope this helps.

I've been playing on both Facebook and my Android phone (mostly my phone) without problems connecting my account and receiving NP/items. I have noticed something strange about gameplay that I'm wondering if other people are experiencing.

While playing on Android, this has happened to me three or four times: when I'm playing a particularly good game and hit the one-star goal with several turns left, I go to make my next move and I can't. Instead of letting me make my move, several of the ghouls turn into powered-up ghouls, each expending one of my turns. It uses up all of my turns, then the power-ups trigger like they normally do at the end of the game, and I have a crazy score because ALL the power-ups. I don't think I'm making this happen, but maybe it's an intentional bonus that I'm triggering somehow? Otherwise, it's a ridiculous glitch that I feel bad for benefiting from and I don't know what to do. :( Is anyone else experiencing that?

Yes I have also experienced this and so to have others. I don't think you are benefiting unfairly... could be a glitch though...

I have played on Facebook and have loaded the game to my android phone. I have not played many games on the phone because it is so small. Second map is hard to complete three stars in each house. I have all stars on the first map. The game is set up to require buying boosts to finish 3 stars. I'm not going to buy any boosts. They should offer another way to earn boosts with more achievements.

does anyone know what happens if you use all 5 of the lives without waiting for new ones? I've been keeping one around, just in case.

In terms of glitching, I've not had lots of power-ups appear, rather, a couple of times once I've gotten the first star, the turn counter has just gone straight to zero, and played out all of my power-ups. Annoying, but it's just like it fast-forwarded through my game.

Also, I thought level 23 was bad, level 30 is the bane of my existence.

does anyone know what happens if you use all 5 of the lives without waiting for new ones? I've been keeping one around, just in case.

In terms of glitching, I've not had lots of power-ups appear, rather, a couple of times once I've gotten the first star, the turn counter has just gone straight to zero, and played out all of my power-ups. Annoying, but it's just like it fast-forwarded through my game.

Also, I thought level 23 was bad, level 30 is the bane of my existence.

it makes you wait a certain amount of time (25 mins i think but dont hold me to that) and then it replenishes them for you (:

also, i have received my np and items instantly when playing.. but i didn't get the game until two days ago so possibly that glitch is fixed?

and i have acquired over 150,000np from replaying level 1 over and over again.. but recently it stopped saying 'you have earned 1,000 np on neopets.com' so i think they've axed me D: