Ghoul Catchers

sapphireau

This might be a really daft question, but I'm trying to submit a ticket because I've been getting provider error for the last three days when trying to link my account to the game (on facebook) I've tried using the game on three different browsers, clearing history etc, and no luck yet :(

but I've never had to submit a ticket before....what issue type do I pick and how do I fill the form in? :S

also, can anyone here suggest anything else I can try to link my account? I really want to see what the new game is like

I think I've got a new-to-this-thread issue. First, if you download unity successfully, and then get the never-ending loading circle, make sure you have apps enabled on Facebook. (I got an error message in Chrome, but I just got the never-ending loading eye of doom in Firefox, Windows 7 64-bit.)

My new issue is that it says my username and password don't match. I logged out of Neopets and re-logged in to confirm both (glad I could get back onto Neo), using multiple browsers. I'll be trying again soon, after I take advantage of the last rays of sunshine here to get some skateboarding in. (This is the part of springing forward I like!)

I can't even log into the game!

I tried using my iPad AND iPhone, trying both the Facebook login and the "log in to neopets" login..... It always says error or username and password does not match.

Simple stuff: yes, I made sure my username and password were spelled correctly, 1000 times. And yes, my neo account is successfully connected to my FB account.

Weirdly, I hit the "Forgot password?" Link and when I typed in my neopets username it said "that username does not exist"

SO FRUSTRATING

This might be a really daft question, but I'm trying to submit a ticket because I've been getting provider error for the last three days when trying to link my account to the game (on facebook) I've tried using the game on three different browsers, clearing history etc, and no luck yet :(

but I've never had to submit a ticket before....what issue type do I pick and how do I fill the form in? :S

also, can anyone here suggest anything else I can try to link my account? I really want to see what the new game is like

When submitting your ticket just select Bug Reports & Feedback.

I'm still getting the Provider Error. Is it to do with my internet connection/my country or has it to do with Neopets side of the servers not being able to handle everything properly?

Your country is not te problem, because I live in Holland as well, and to be honest, it works perfectly for me (apart from being INCREDIBLY laggy, but I get all the prizes and everything, it's just slow!)

Your country is not te problem, because I live in Holland as well, and to be honest, it works perfectly for me (apart from being INCREDIBLY laggy, but I get all the prizes and everything, it's just slow!)

Do you play on Facebook or iPhone/iPad? I tried all three and still get the provider error.

Do you play on Facebook or iPhone/iPad? I tried all three and still get the provider error.

I play on facebook, because I only have an iPod touch that is four years old, and too old for iOS 6, and too old for most games.

I tried changing my password to see if it was an issue of having a special character in my password, but it still says my username and password don't match, even though I'm 100% certain they do. I submitted a ticket. Guess I'll just have to wait.

I can just imagine the reactions of former players who discovered the game, and then went to see how Neopets is doing for nostalgia's sake, only to find all the bugs -- and maybe not even able to get into the new game, either. And find out that they just fired most of the team working on it. Same for potential new players. Way to make a good first (or new) impression, Jump Start...

I got the iPhone app today (I use an iPhone 4) and it has been working fairly smoothly in terms of logging in to my neopets account and giving me all of the prizes. When logging in to facebook with the app it connected far enough to send me a fb notification but then the app stopped and logged everything out again. But logging into just neo works fine on the phone. I'm on level 23 so far!

The browser version on the other hasn't worked for me at all. Just the spinny eye of doom, and I currently use firefox on a Windows 7 machine.

I got the iPhone app today (I use an iPhone 4) and it has been working fairly smoothly in terms of logging in to my neopets account and giving me all of the prizes. When logging in to facebook with the app it connected far enough to send me a fb notification but then the app stopped and logged everything out again. But logging into just neo works fine on the phone. I'm on level 23 so far!

The browser version on the other hasn't worked for me at all. Just the spinny eye of doom, and I currently use firefox on a Windows 7 machine.

The Facebook game uses Unity Web Player. Do you have Unity installed on your Windows 7 machine?

Someone suggested I try to connect to my side account since I was getting the username-and-password-don't-match error. I did so, but I hadn't really read anything about the game (besides how to access it), so i didn't realize you would get NP and items. I submitted a ticket about the not-being-able-to-log-in issue, and I updated my ticket to ask what I should do about having it connected to my side. (I don't recommend anyone try adding their side, since you do earn items and NP.) I really hope TNT can figure out how to connect it to my main instead (though I guess it might not be a bad idea to create a junk Facebook account to play on, rather than connecting it to my "real" account -- I'd previously had apps disabled. Obviously, once my main was connected to an account, I'd discard any duplicate prizes, etc., and stick to only playing on one account.).

Yeah, it downloaded automatically when I first visited the page. Which is why I'm a little confused about it not working.

I had to change my Facebook settings to allow apps (and then allow this particular app). I had the never-ending spinning-eye-of-doom, too, until I changed my Facebook settings. This may not be your issue, but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case it is.

I create a side for this (and other stuff). It's really weird because I can log in without any problems on this side and I still get the provider error whenever I try my main account. I just play on this side now and not on my main account (ghoul catchers) so I do not earn extra/double NP or something.. I wonder what the matter is with older accounts not being able to log in..

I just play on this side now and not on my main account (ghoul catchers) so I do not earn extra/double NP or something..

I'm pretty sure this is a violation of rules? Unless I'm mistaken, you're only supposed to earn NP on your main, whether you're doubling up or not. I know TNT's policy is to let it slide if you accidentally do a daily on your side or something and don't do it on your main that day (because we're human and mistakes happen), but I don't think what you're doing is allowed.

I'm pretty sure this is a violation of rules? Unless I'm mistaken, you're only supposed to earn NP on your main, whether you're doubling up or not. I know TNT's policy is to let it slide if you accidentally do a daily on your side or something and don't do it on your main that day (because we're human and mistakes happen), but I don't think what you're doing is allowed.

I haven't played the second level yet, since I got in on my side account. I just do not get why my main account is not accepted into ghoul catchers and my side account is. The provider error pops up every time I try to connect my main account. I see no other way than connecting a side account so even be able to play ghoul catchers. If they do not want people to connect with their sides, then they should've made it possible to connect main accounts. It looks like a really fun game and I really want to play, although I will not be able to play without risking to get my account frozen. How am I supposed to deal with this nonsense?!

But... it is possible to connect main accounts. They can't tell if it's your main or side to not allow it to load the game.

I logged in just fine and have gotten my rewards. On my main. Also you aren't missing much since it isn't exactly something you can farm np from like habitarium. And the gameplay itself is similar to every other connect-3.

But... it is possible to connect main accounts. They can't tell if it's your main or side to not allow it to load the game.

I logged in just fine and have gotten my rewards. On my main. Also you aren't missing much since it isn't exactly something you can farm np from like habitarium. And the gameplay itself is similar to every other connect-3.

Not when it's saying that your username and password don't match when you're 100% certain they do... some of us are locked out of Ghoul Catchers on our main. That's a fact. It's been acknowledged by TNT, and I know I'm not the only one with the issue. I didn't realize I'd be earning NP and items... I had no idea what the game was and just wanted to try it. But you have to link Ghoul Catchers to a Neopets account if you want to play, and since my main wasn't working, I tried on my side. For now, I'm waiting to see what TNT's response is to my ticket before I play any more. I have a 12+-year-old account with trophies, site themes, avatars, a huge gallery, NC items, a battle pet that would cost over 1M NP to transfer... I'm not going to switch mains just to have access to the same things everyone else can access, things that are supposed to be available to all. But I'm also not going to risk said account trying to access a Facebook game and earn a few extra NP and some rare items...

So I'll wait to see what TNT's official word is regarding fixing the access issue and linking side accounts. I can't unlink my side account (I don't think), but I can stop playing while waiting...

That's... not exactly what I was saying. It's coincidence and confirmation bias that sides are working more than mains. How the heckie can the game know that this username is your main account, is what I was saying. How the heckie can I log in with my main when people are saying mains can't log in?

It's frustrating, yeah. But I have my doubts the game is going 'ah, this is the main account of so-and-so we will glitch on them forcing them to use their side instead to log in!'.

they have acknowledged there is an issue with logging in, but the language hasn't been 'yeah main accounts can't log in but you can use your side to get in'.

I'm also not saying to switch mains. I'm saying you should exercise caution before throwing up your hands and using a side account instead. Especially with the rules as they are.