Known Issues Affecting Neopets

hrtbrk

I can`t even get on to the site! Getting sick of this now ...

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I've found this link works for accessing Expellibox: http://ncmall.neopets.com/mall/shop.phtml?page=giveaway&cat=

You can also navigate to the rest of the mall from that link (if I try to go to the mall from the Neopets header, I get the same error you described).

My pets are still visible. But the lag is insane. Hope TNT has fixed the disappearing pets glitch! I wonder if they'll do a rollback of the site for something that major...

It won't load at all for me. Like separate from the lag issue, cause everything is there BUT the expellibox part of the page. :(

Tho as for Coltzan's error you mentioned I had the same thing happen but didn't think much of it, figuring it was similar to 'the wind howls but nothing happens'.

I can't even get onto neopets, it instantly says "Can't display page." I finally got on yesterday And was shocked! I thought my account was hacked or something because my neopets were all uncostomized, and one of my pets was a totally different neopet... My Usul turned into another lupe and I was scared. I thought i had lost a robot usul and got a green lupe instead (Which in my book is a terrible deal) Luckily all my pets are back now, and the pet they're supposed to be, but come on neopets get your stuff together!

My pets are still visible. But the lag is insane. Hope TNT has fixed the disappearing pets glitch! I wonder if they'll do a rollback of the site for something that major...

Last night shortly after my post about the missing pets they took the site down for an hour or two. It was a boring night for insomnia! When it came back up my pet had returned.

"Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www.neopets.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection."

I NEED MY INTEREST, DANGIT.

I can't even get onto neopets, it instantly says "Can't display page." I finally got on yesterday And was shocked! I thought my account was hacked or something because my neopets were all uncostomized, and one of my pets was a totally different neopet... My Usul turned into another lupe and I was scared. I thought i had lost a robot usul and got a green lupe instead (Which in my book is a terrible deal) Luckily all my pets are back now, and the pet they're supposed to be, but come on neopets get your stuff together!

That's not good, Mirandaell and it would be upsetting for anyone. I hope that people will not start giving up and quitting over this. It will be fixed because JumpStart invested too much money in purchasing Neopets and probably won't risk losing subscribers and potential new income.

I wanted to buy some of the discounted NC accessories today. If Neopets stays down, that will be another NC opportunity lost.

Update!

I'm in, I'm on! I haven't tried going anywhere yet so it might be just a cached version, but I wanted to share this! :)

Update 2:

Argh I'm stuck and am not able to go further than my inventory page. I noticed that I still have my active Pet, same species, same color, and I have all the same items in my inventory and carry around NPs. But it stalled out when I tried to pull up all of my pets.

I will try switching browsers.

Update 3:

It's down again. I was trying to collect NPs from my till when it crashed again.

I can't log in either. I get that funny Pteri page. :) I have cancelled my premium membership, because I can hardly play on Neopets since a few weeks. Why would I pay for something I can't use. The last time, we had a month free Premium membership, but that won't happen again, I am sure. so, cancelled it.

I can't log in either. I get that funny Pteri page. :) I have cancelled my premium membership, because I can hardly play on Neopets since a few weeks. Why would I pay for something I can't use. The last time, we had a month free Premium membership, but that won't happen again, I am sure. so, cancelled it.

That's because of the scheduled maintenance. Not because of any kind of issue or lag. The lag never gave the pteri.

Has anyone been able to log on? It loads the homepage or log in page for me and that's it. It stalls out beyond that. I haven't seen any FB or Twitter updates either. Last updates are from 21/22hrs ago respectively.

Yup that's been mentioned before. By me at least. It's a small price to pay, to be honest. I always get poop from altador anyways that i just discard. At least the site is more up to speed.

Is anyone else having problems with language? I haven't seen anyone else mention this.

Every time I log on to Neopets the pages are in French, and when I try to change it back to English, it automatically changes back to French. This isn't a big problem, because I don't need to understand French to do my dailies and such, but I can't lurk on the neoboards and I can't search for items because I don't know what they're called in French :ohno:

You know what's funny? When I access the NC Mall, the page changes to English! But as soon as I visit a different page, it changes back to French. Weird.

I'll have to try sending a ticket, I guess. I don't understand enough French, but I'll use Google Translate (this should be entertaining, lol).

Thank you!

EDIT: I just changed my language on the News page, and I think it worked! Yay!

I don't think the first one is a problem, you could just be unlucky in results.

As for the stock market it's glitched out for me, I can't buy/sell as there's no option.

That's really strange about the stock market. I bought 1k shares of KAUF at 10NP, IIRC, around 4am NST (maybe just before). I just checked again, and it looked like I could buy (I use the bargain stocks page, http://www.neopets.com/stockmarket.phtml?type=list&bargain=true, click on the symbol of the stock I want to buy, then click on the name on the next page, then enter the buying info. It took me through all that except I got the error I'd already bought the max). It also looks like I can sell, though I didn't actually try (all the boxes and buttons are there, at least). Hopefully it's already fixed, and not just broken for a few.

I have the stock market problem as well - although I had assumed it was taken down because it was causing problems.

It seems to be a problem with only Chrome though, since the stock pages load fine when I view them in Firefox and IE.

---

I also encountered the language problem today, but less of an actual problem since I was just trying to read a book to my pet. After selecting a different language and reloading the page it just defaults back to English. I'll just hang onto the book until they get things functional again.

Having trouble with pages loading slowly today. Or dailies that aren't loading properly but saying I've already completed them today. Stocks in chrome still aren't fixed. Wondering if this is the site or my connection? Anyone else having lag issues?