Official Neopets down/having issues board

Spritzie

my internet is terribly slow today- not just neo. I mean it just took me 10 minutes to load TDN D: satellite internet and snow storms don't mix.

but at least I can access other sites eventually, neo just comes up with a "this page cannot be displayed" ..disappointed to see it lagging again :/

I should have used my bottle of lag-be-gone!!

Having major lag here and it's taking minutes to load one page. I am on Chrome, with the Winter theme. It was only a little faster yesterday and still not as fast as in years past.

One thing which might (with strong emphasis on might) be a factor for last night and today NST time, is that the entire Los Angeles area is having a major wind event, including the area where TNT moved. The winds were so strong, it sounded like someone was rolling a huge refrigerator back and forth across our roof all night long. :laughingsmiley: It was difficult sleeping and I kept thinking the roof might blow off.

Wind gusts have been up to nearly 80 mph, there's debris everywhere, a huge billboard fell over, trees have fallen crushing cars and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that there has been some power interruption. National Weather Service has issued high wind warnings with winds up to 75 mph continuing until sometime tomorrow.

I'll report back here if and when I learn anything more.

Update:

I need to take off here so I'll amend this to say, I have no idea what is causing the lag on Neopets, and can only guess that perhaps the major wind event, the scattered downed power lines and power outages here in Southern California might have added to the long term Neo lag problems.

The weather man just called it a dangerous wind "event" due to billboards getting knocked over. Also, the palm trees out here are not native to Southern California and these winds make the very large bark-like things near the top extremely hazardous during wind events. People have been seriously injured when hit in the head when those large bark-like parts of the trees are blown off by the winds. I wish we had a few hard hats because we have to go out in this.

Getting 'no data received' here.

Sometimes I can see the homepage, but sometimes I can't even see that.

:s

At least this is a sign of them working on things, hopefully. :3

I was buying books in the Neopian book shop about fifteen minutes ago when all the sudden, all three of my pets magically disappeared. Like they don't exist anymore. My first thought was that someone hacked my account and stole them (my main pet is 6 1/2 years old and fairly awesome) but I used the search tool and it's telling me none of my pets exist. I sent a support ticket in right away but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I'm so incredibly bummed right now. :(

UPDATE---

Neopets servers are down again for the second time this hour...maybe they will reappear when it comes back?? *fingers crossed*

Ok...Neopets came back up, but my pet is still not showing on the left side.

But your pet's still on your account, right? I read somewhere that some people's were disappearing...

Lag is still awful this morning, but at least pages load fully... eventually. It took me over 2 hours to do my dailies and daily battles yesterday, so I didn't get any skirmishing done. Started right away today so I can at least get the minimum in, but I usually try for at least 200. That's not going to happen unless there's a miracle. That lag-b-gone was sadly way too premature.

I scanned some pages, but didnt find anything. Sorry if it already have been said here.

I was trying to do some dailies, but it went really really slow. Now, I got logged out all of a sudden. I can't log in again, because Neopets won't load.
So, I'm kinda freaking out here. Did this happen to a lot of people, and is it a common thing due to all the glitches and stuff?

Or do I need to take action (whenever neopets is back)? Wich steps should I take? Delete cookies, change email and pass? etc?

I scanned some pages, but didnt find anything. Sorry if it already have been said here.

I was trying to do some dailies, but it went really really slow. Now, I got logged out all of a sudden. I can't log in again, because Neopets won't load.

So, I'm kinda freaking out here. Did this happen to a lot of people, and is it a common thing due to all the glitches and stuff?

Or do I need to take action (whenever neopets is back)? Wich steps should I take? Delete cookies, change email and pass? etc?

Neopets is down for EVERYONE. It seems pets were unlinked from their accounts and users were creating new pets with already existing names. Seems like a bad glitch. All we can do is wait. JellyNeo is updating on this problem on their main page, so you can check there if you want.

Neopets is down for EVERYONE. It seems pets were unlinked from their accounts and users were creating new pets with already existing names. Seems like a bad glitch. All we can do is wait. JellyNeo is updating on this problem on their main page, so you can check there if you want.

Thank you. :)

I know it's glitchy and down for everyone. I was just freaking out because I got logged out all of a sudden. I was wondering if that was one of the glitches. I will check JellyNeo, wait untill Neopets is kind of back up again (or more accesable then it is now) and then secure my acc to be sure maybe?

Being logged out during issues like this is often a normal side effect, even on non-Neopets sites. It doesn't 'remember' you anymore thanks to everything going on thus you are logged out.

Leverhelven, thank you for the information! It's only been in the past half hour that I tried logging on today so I had no idea. The disappearance of pets combined with a glitch allowing the use of already in use pets' names is going to slow things down further returning to "normal."

The transition of Neopets being bought by JumpStart and absorbed into JumpStart's way of doing things is obviously not going well at all. Hopefully they will be able to resolve all the issues quickly.

Being logged out during issues like this is often a normal side effect, even on non-Neopets sites. It doesn't 'remember' you anymore thanks to everything going on thus you are logged out.

Thanks Venerian for asking and thanks Shane for answering. I have also had this problem of being suddenly logged out in the middle of these glitch episodes. It's reassuring to hear that it's a normal occurrence in all the lag problems rather something negative such as someone hijacking accounts.

It's not just you! http://www.neopets.com looks down from here.

I just checked downforeveryone or just me and Neopets is still down.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.neopets.com/

I don't even get the NP is down page, I just get "This webpage isn't available" on Chrome.

I really wanted to buy some of the half-off accessories in the mall, but I guess not. Grumble.

I didn't have bad lag before the new updates, so this is driving me crazyyyyyyyy.

I'm able to get to Neopets and my pet is showing again. Site is still slow, though. Maybe try clearing your cache or holding the "Shift" key down while clicking "refresh" or pressing the F5 (refresh key for most browsers) to see if it will get an updated page and maybe let you in. (Holding the "Shift" key down is supposed to force the browser to ask for the most current version of the website/page).

There seems to be a small window right now where it will load. So if you doubt they'll extend the accessory sale, might want to hop on.

It may be that people are now giving up in high enough numbers the servers aren't being taxed as much.

Also what you are describing is simply a soft reload and probably won't do anything when it comes to Neopets. There is no change made to the site that would require such an attempt since Shift+F5 is ignoring cached content. Also, that only works for Chrome.

There seems to be a small window right now where it will load. So if you doubt they'll extend the accessory sale, might want to hop on.

It may be that people are now giving up in high enough numbers the servers aren't being taxed as much.

Also what you are describing is simply a soft reload and probably won't do anything when it comes to Neopets. There is no change made to the site that would require such an attempt since Shift+F5 is ignoring cached content. Also, that only works for Chrome.

I only posted the "soft reload" as something to try, if Neopets was not displaying properly. Sometimes my browser will display the old page, even though the site is up, as it is using the browser cache information. I know it has nothing to do with the Neopets site or the issues. It's hard to say what is going on. I was just reporting I was able and am on the site and maybe their browser was displaying old chached information like mine has done in the past.

Fair enough, I guess.

Annnd the window is gone but at least I managed to buy the NC Mall items.

It's loading very, very slowly and 9 times out of 10 refuses to load. For those with longer patience than I, y'all keep on trying I guess. lol

But your pet's still on your account, right? I read somewhere that some people's were disappearing...

Lag is still awful this morning, but at least pages load fully... eventually. It took me over 2 hours to do my dailies and daily battles yesterday, so I didn't get any skirmishing done. Started right away today so I can at least get the minimum in, but I usually try for at least 200. That's not going to happen unless there's a miracle. That lag-b-gone was sadly way too premature.

I know this is really after the fact, but I was just reporting I was having/seeing the same issue as others were reporting on the Neopets facebook page. I took/interpreted "disappearing" as your pet not display/showing in the top, left corner of the webpage as it normally does. When it didn't show, I tried the "Customize neopet" link, to see if my pet would still show, but all I got was the "loading" bar and my pet never displayed. Not else sure how to verify my pet was still linked to my account. Long story short, I checked later, before I went to bed and my pet was showing again. Neopet site issues seemed to pop-up around or slightly after 12:00 am NST.

Is anyone still having "oops neopets is temporarily down" petri? Its has been like this since 3days ago

Everyone is having it.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please have at least seven words in your post. Quotes do not count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.