Official Thieves Guild Discussion Thread

Mouseykins

Hey guys any ideas as to who you're going to back for this next round of battles? I was thinking either Brutes or Awakened since they've yet to win. Or is everyone just distracted with the Altador Cup coming back into rotation?

I chose awakened definately because I REALLY don't want to miss out on their theme and Avvie. But I think it may be a close one because a lot of people also want the brute theme and Avvie. Of course a lot of people also didn't get the Sway avatar and theme the first time, including myself, so they might try there too but I doubt it on that one. I'd go with the Awakened though, they seem to be more appealing then the others at the moment so...

Everyone join the awakened so we can beat the brutes!

Edited by Sakeru_Kyori

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How do thieves feel about the last defeat? I was with thieves as I want the avatar, but it seems like a small group of strong battlers put in an amazing effort and thrashed both Brutes and Thieves for Awakened.

I now wonder if I will ever get the Thieves avatar?

Any thoughts?

How do thieves feel about the last defeat? I was with thieves as I want the avatar, but it seems like a small group of strong battlers put in an amazing effort and thrashed both Brutes and Thieves for Awakened.

I now wonder if I will ever get the Thieves avatar?

Any thoughts?

Maybe, if TNT freezes all people doing 2000 battles and above.

Or get the masses convinced that the Thieves will never win again.

Most of us still don't have thieves, so unless an ASG (whatever) joins Kanrik, we're not likely to win any time soon.

Maybe, if TNT freezes all people doing 2000 battles and above.

Or get the masses convinced that the Thieves will never win again.

Most of us still don't have thieves, so unless an ASG (whatever) joins Kanrik, we're not likely to win any time soon.

Im not good at abbreviations sorry, but what does ASG stand for? Im guessing its someone who is a very strong battler or something?

I tried googling it and it didnt help.. I found out that AFC is an air faerie crown though lol

thought of lots of stuff like ARRRRGGG STOP Group! :rolleyes_anim:

also sorry to be so brainless but who or what is Kanrik?

Im not good at abbreviations sorry, but what does ASG stand for? Im guessing its someone who is a very strong battler or something?

I tried googling it and it didnt help.. I found out that AFC is an air faerie crown though lol

thought of lots of stuff like ARRRRGGG STOP Group! :rolleyes_anim:

also sorry to be so brainless but who or what is Kanrik?

Sorry, Kanrik's group, the thieves guild. Kanrik is the leader of the Thieves. He is loved by many Neopians.

ASG(term) is borrowed from the AC --- All Star Group

As we all know, ASGs are a few players who join 1 team and play massive amounts of AC games to lift a team.

So the one who joined the Awakened/Brutes was a few battlers who did ~5000 and above battles (this is extremely boring)

So unless those few really dedicated battlers join us, we don't stand a chance.

This is why the difficulty increase needs to be brought back to the BD. These guys don't even have to be very good battlers to spam that many wins; it just comes down to who has the most time to waste. They're not battlers; they're time-wasters. But they think they're hotshot battlers for racking up so many wins.

Since the last Flash update, the BD runs my computer kind of hot, so I literally can't spam that many wins, even if I had the time (not without putting my computer at risk, anyway, which I refuse to do). (I know the BD is not Flash, but that's when the issue started.) But I can one-hit any of the faction leaders on mighty, with full health (thanks to Warlock's Rage). It's not that hard if you've been training regularly for a while and have a ghostkerbomb. There's no real strategy. I'm certainly not a very experienced battler; I only do 1p (DON, plots, and wars, until the daily drops -- now I fight the Koi Warrior every day).

At some point, I'm willing to join a counter group to try to take them down. But it'll have to be a week when the Thieves are available and I don't have a lot of stuff going on during the weekend. And we'll need to know which group they join to focus our efforts. I'm sure there are enough others with strong enough pets who need (and want) the Thieves avatar to outnumber this ASG. We just need a coordinated effort, instead of trying to rely on sheer numbers.

Thanks for explaining it to me rockyroad, and siniri ..it makes more sense to me now

I can now see that there is no real strategy or battle skills going into winning oodles of battles if you have a strong pet and the right equipment

I wouldnt risk my computer or getting an RSI and I really think its up to TNT to put a cap on battles or make battles harder as they go along as siniri suggested (raising opponent hp)

That would make it more challenging for those who are well trained and fairer for all

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I joined the thieves for this skirmish and have already done 44 battles. I'll do more later and throughout the weekend. I already have the avvie but here's hoping we win so those who don't can get it- and I can get boons. Hopefully some good ones

• 2 months later...

I joined the Thieves this time to try and get the avatar. I just need the thieves and Brute Squad avatars. Does anyone have any tips or strategies for the skirmishes?

There's no actual strategy to the Skirmishes themselves. Just fight as much as you can and hope for the best. It has more to do with picking a popular faction for the round than the actual fighting.

i thought the only strategy in the skirmishes was to do fights against the faction that would possibly be competition? like if thieves and seekers had an equal amount of battlers, but the thieves did all their battles against seekers and seekers picked randomly, the thieves would end up winning. is that true or does it only depend on the bulk number of battles won?

• 3 weeks later...

There's no actual strategy to the Skirmishes themselves. Just fight as much as you can and hope for the best. It has more to do with picking a popular faction for the round than the actual fighting.

That makes sense. You can't tell how many people have picked each faction or see how they are doing during the skirmishes can you?

That makes sense. You can't tell how many people have picked each faction or see how they are doing during the skirmishes can you?

No there really isn't, apart from unofficial polls here and on the NeoBoards. It's normally the faction with the best boons that win, though.

It would be great if after the battle we could see how many battles each faction won, at least it would give people hope and an idea of how close they came to winning. I think there are a lot of people who would like to get the thieves avatar but there are also a lot of people who prefer the other boons,