Official Thieves Guild Discussion Thread

Mouseykins

Eeeeee. I can beat the third wave on easy! But I think I'll be done after this. No way can I beat any harder than this. The third wave crushes me on hard mode but I'm pretty happy because this is with a lab ray pet so man I've gotten pretty far despite not reeeally training before.

I'm hoping I can bring the big guns for the next waves (my current BD set isn't so great, but I've decided to invest if the prices are reasonable). I have some muffins in my SDB, but I'm not sure that will be enough to fill the "Doing Your part" bar.

I'm kinda glad I don't have to fight thieves, because they can steal items. :'D

Well I managed to get my achievements for today. The Flawless Victory achievement can be done with just a RFFR, you don't necessarily need Lens Flare. If you have a Scroll of Freezing that should work as well. Also try it on Easy, that's how I got it.

Now all I have to do is just fill up my bar and have my totals to 20 on mighty to make everything nice and even. :)

Man, I wish I had trained my pets even a LITTLE in all the years I've played, haha. If not for the lab ray I wouldn't have made it past the 1st wave. Right now its sooo hard for me to beat the challengers on easy, even, and so tedious to win maybe 2 rounds then draw or lose and keep buying healing potions. I enjoy plots/wars, but completing 60ish wins is a lot! *complains forever hehe*

I'm sure I'm a part of the minority here but I'm pretty excited about the next wave and how hard TNT is going to make the boss/es for this plot.

Also, am I wrong to assume that the next wave is coming out midnight? I can't find any news or previews about it anywhere.

And lastly, I hope that the new treasure TNT is talking about are the new bottled faeries although I'm pretty sure they're referring to new NC items coming out from new luminous casks.

I'm sure I'm a part of the minority here but I'm pretty excited about the next wave and how hard TNT is going to make the boss/es for this plot.

Also, am I wrong to assume that the next wave is coming out midnight? I can't find any news or previews about it anywhere.

And lastly, I hope that the new treasure TNT is talking about are the new bottled faeries although I'm pretty sure they're referring to new NC items coming out from new luminous casks.

The next wave will indeed be starting at midnight NST. The information you're looking for can be found in the News directly on Neopets. Indeed there will be another cask released tonight with a new selection of items. The only information regarding the bottled faeries we have are on the weak bottled faeries. We have found pictures that new ones will be released, but just don't know when yet. :)

I did fill my bar for the third wave after all. And got a faction challenge in after that. But I'm feeling rather like Victoria. I've been on neopets for soo many years and never bothered to train. That's a darn shame XD I'm gonna look at the new wave but... yeah. That's cute and all, but it's definitely not gonna happen. Potentially, I could get an achievement depending on the requirements. We'll see. Still no Flawless achievement, but I've sort of given up on it. Oh well XD

Tasks
Fight ALL The Challengers!
Fight each challenger once.

Positively, Naturally, And Really All Around Inconceivable
Win 10 times in a row

Wow, an actual slightly challenge, maybe, for me with these new opponents. I’m killing them with minimal damage for myself still, but I’m going to be safe and do the achievements on easy though before I beat them up on hard ;P best of luck everyone.

Tasks

Fight ALL The Challengers!

Fight each challenger once.

Positively, Naturally, And Really All Around Inconceivable

Win 10 times in a row

Wow, an actual slightly challenge, maybe, for me with these new opponents. I’m killing them with minimal damage for myself still, but I’m going to be safe and do the achievements on easy though before I beat them up on hard ;P best of luck everyone.

I did the same thing, I went and got the achievements on easy first. I was worried that the "fight each challenger once" thing would require battling every opponent from every wave, since nobody on the neoboards seemed to know for sure. However, the achievement popped up for me once I had beat this wave's five, in a row, so either my previous battling of all the other opponents applied, or you only have to do it on this wave's opponents anyway. Somebody needs to clarify that for people starting out on this wave, who might wonder the same as I did. Oh yeah, and I think "fight each challenger once" may also need to be clarified to "beat each challenger once", as people on the neoboards are complaining of not getting anything after having draws or losses.

I did the same thing, I went and got the achievements on easy first. I was worried that the "fight each challenger once" thing would require battling every opponent from every wave, since nobody on the neoboards seemed to know for sure. However, the achievement popped up for me once I had beat this wave's five, in a row, so either my previous battling of all the other opponents applied, or you only have to do it on this wave's opponents anyway. Somebody needs to clarify that for people starting out on this wave, who might wonder the same as I did. Oh yeah, and I think "fight each challenger once" may also need to be clarified to "beat each challenger once", as people on the neoboards are complaining of not getting anything after having draws or losses.

I'm pretty sure you only have to beat the five of the fourth wave :) Each achievement has applied to the wave it is revealed with and so I don't see a reason for TNT to just randomly switch it with this new wave. Yeah I guess that part could have been clarified, I beat them all though and got the achievement so they probably have to as well.

I wish I was playing earlier than last year (and didn't switch BD pets), because I always train my pet.

I can go through this wave on easy, medium is too challenging for me (I think it'll be a bunch of draw). I am fairly certain I am out for next wave, but I'll try and see what happens. I still have to get Lens Flare and get my pet's strength to 200, so maybe it'll help. The lab ray has been giving my pet some HP, so I'm hoping it'll continue in the following days!

I did fill my bar for the third wave after all. And got a faction challenge in after that. But I'm feeling rather like Victoria. I've been on neopets for soo many years and never bothered to train. That's a darn shame XD I'm gonna look at the new wave but... yeah. That's cute and all, but it's definitely not gonna happen. Potentially, I could get an achievement depending on the requirements. We'll see. Still no Flawless achievement, but I've sort of given up on it. Oh well XD

This is exactly me!

But yes as anticipated I'm down and out for this wave! It was fun while it lasted, and I'm glad this war actually got me to train and use the battledome which I had only done before to get the avatars, so I'm happy :)

Got the fight all the challengers achievement at least XD Didn't even bother healing my BD pet all the way. Poor baby got sent on five suicide missions.

Will still pay attention for the next achievements and get my daily item/np limits in for the lower tiers. Puzzles soon? Please say puzzles soon XD Though I anticipate two more tiers before that if other plots are any indication.

I'm with you on the puzzles. I'm getting bored of battling already. I can beat the challengers on Easy. I don't even want to try on medium or hard.

Some puzzles soon or more of a story line instead of just fighting would be nice. It started out strong and then just got boring. I haven't even done my battles yet today.

You know, you may not get much in the way of puzzles or storyline, as this is a war, not necessarily a "plot".

and yeah, I was just dying over and over today :( back to an easier crowd :P

Good luck all!

I've been out since wave three. You'd think after 9 years I'd have a stronger fighting pet, but I guess not. Heh. That, and the new rework in skills has kind of screwed me over, since my abilities have pretty much saved me in the past. I'll keep fighting the second wave until the do your part bar is filled. Wish I could do more. :/

News of the fifth (and final? wave) coming out?

Is anyone excited? I feel most of us stopped already.

Gees yall call yourselves thieves?! A good thief never gives up, I'm still fighting on mighty :)

I think there are 6 waves, this certainly isn't the last.

"Famous last words"