Official Order of the Red Erisim Discussion Thread

Anime

:crying_blow: Didn't have time to play yesterday... and the fact that I can't beat this new wave even on easy really makes filling the "Doing Your Part" bar seem like forever to move *it's actually in the "i" of the Doing*, I'm seriously thinking about giving up this wave and stick to the previous...

Still didn't get a challenge, but it will be useless, as I can't beat them... at least, I'll not be angry for fighting someone annoying *like that Stalwart Explorer* 5 times in a row to get a Mouldy Left-Overs as a prize... :thumbsdown:

@BEE: what happened with your notebook? Hope you can have it fixed soon... I'm lucky to have a brother that knows how to fix computers *hardware-related and software-related issues*. But I learned to make a lot of basic things, so if I try all I know, and still didn't fix it, I call him *from the next door bedroom LOL* to take a look. Then, lastly, if he's not at home, I can always re-install Windows... :(

Link to the 5th cask: (maybe the last)

https://images.neopets.com/homepage/promo/2013/mall/2013_war_treasurechest5.jpg

If I reach the 125 strength boost, I might have a chance to beat the the next wave.

:crying_blow: Didn't have time to play yesterday... and the fact that I can't beat this new wave even on easy really makes filling the "Doing Your Part" bar seem like forever to move *it's actually in the "i" of the Doing*, I'm seriously thinking about giving up this wave and stick to the previous...

Still didn't get a challenge, but it will be useless, as I can't beat them... at least, I'll not be angry for fighting someone annoying *like that Stalwart Explorer* 5 times in a row to get a Mouldy Left-Overs as a prize... :thumbsdown:

@BEE: what happened with your notebook? Hope you can have it fixed soon... I'm lucky to have a brother that knows how to fix computers *hardware-related and software-related issues*. But I learned to make a lot of basic things, so if I try all I know, and still didn't fix it, I call him *from the next door bedroom LOL* to take a look. Then, lastly, if he's not at home, I can always re-install Windows... :(

I closed it as normal, and went back to use it a while later. The screen didn't come on (which has happened once or twice before, so I just restarted it. When it was starting up, the screen still didn't come on. ):

I think it may have over heated. I was too ill at the time to get the cooling pad, and forgot to just pick it up for a while to let the two other vents underneath cool down. (One at the side was over the edge of the table). It was turned off again during start up (while on the phone to whatever happens, who its covered with) and so it will need to be restored back to when it was fully working.

I took it to PC World today and it's getting sent off for repair tomorrow, and I'll get it back on the 19th March. I hope they can fix it, and restore everything without losing anything. Especially as a book I am writing is on it!

It's weird because it was only a day or two ago that I thought, 'I need to back everything up' And now this ):

I'm trying to stay positive, and even if it can't be fixed, I hope they will restore my hard drive and that everything will be on there.

I will admit, it is refreshing not having it, yet annoying.

I'm off to do my dailies and beat the first or second wave for a while.. If that does anything for the faction.

EDIT: I'm only getting a few prizes today in the BD. It keeps saying I didn't win anything.. anyone getting this?

rockyroad1, Nice plan! Good luck with it! :D

Eri_K, That's too bad. :( I still find it interesting that they are counting losses, but if it is helping the faction, good luck! If you don't want to do it anymore, that's ok. You've done a lot of and struggled well to your best to overcome the opponents. So whichever way you go now, thanks for all your help! :)

Zorna, Congrats on unlocking the flawless victory achievement!

BEE., I've heard of laptops doing that, so annoying. I wonder if it's in the nature of a laptop to do that? Maybe the connection between the bottom and the screen got messed up somehow? I really have no clue, it's just speculation. The prizes in the Ugga Dome, aside from being MOSTLY useless, do still get distributed, but since we get 15 items per day for battling, I find it usually takes around 20 battles or so before you get all 15 items. Unless you get a couple battles with several items at a time as the prize. Which is always nice. ;)

Gonna get something to eat, and then I'll probably start battling again, hopefully there'll be little lag today. Though I kinda doubt it. lol It IS the weekend after all. But since it takes longer to beat these guys, I want to get started a bit earlier. ;)

Catch ya later, good luck battling!

So bad news about the challengers being able to use faerie abilities multiple times per battle:

"The one-player challengers don't cheat. They have a different set of rules concerning items and abilities. For instance, they can use items as often as they like, even if they're limited use. And they aren't bogged down by ability cooldowns. It is for you to figure out how to beat them when they have this advantage. Good luck!"

Good luck to everyone still battling! I was able to boost my strength to 125 and can have close wins against the challengers on medium difficulty. Too bad the next level will still be too hard. :/

Hi shandosaurus, Well, first things first. Can you post your battle pet's stats? You've listed HP, which is pretty decent, though a little low for dealing with these guys. But it should be enough, depending on your other stats. Could you please post your Level, Strength and Defense as well?. Then, what weapons are in your set, and lastly, what, if any new faerie abilities do you have? I'm battling, but I'll be checking back in this thread to see if/when you post those specifics and then I'll give you what help I can. :) As will anyone else who has something to add I'm sure. :)

EDIT: Phew, long night battling, these guys take more rounds so they take more time. Doing pretty well though.

Day 1 tally

Shady Prowler 130

Cunning Mastermind 130

Unyielding Sentinel 130

Genius Inventor 130

Unchained Monster 138

And now thanks to Daylight Savings Time kicking in, it's an hour later than it would otherwise be.

Good luck to everyone still battling! Keep up whatever pressure you can. We CAN win this war! :D

G'night!

Here are the stats:

- Battledome Stats -

Hit Points: 107 / 218

Strength: LEGENDARY (124)

Defence: heavy

Movement: EXCELLENT (55)

Intelligence: brilliant

I have been zapping my pet for a while, never really done any training or battling, he is level 10.

I tried following the basic battle equipment set from the site, so my weapons are:

Lesser Healing Scroll

Ridiculously Heave Battle Hammer

Gilded War Hammer

Snowglobe Staff

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

Scarab Ring

Rainbow Scroll

and a one use muffin most of the time.

I think for the abilities I have halitosis and meditate.

Silent_Bard, I kinda figured it was something like that, but to THAT extreme. Throw pillows, 4x in one fight is just wrong. lol But I suppose it adds the "luck" factor, either you're lucky, or not.

Here are the stats:

- Battledome Stats -

Hit Points: 107 / 218
Strength: LEGENDARY (124)
Defence: heavy
Movement: EXCELLENT (55)
Intelligence: brilliant

I have been zapping my pet for a while, never really done any training or battling, he is level 10.

I tried following the basic battle equipment set from the site, so my weapons are:

Lesser Healing Scroll

Ridiculously Heave Battle Hammer

Gilded War Hammer

Snowglobe Staff

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

Scarab Ring

Rainbow Scroll

and a one use muffin most of the time.

I think for the abilities I have halitosis and meditate.

Ok, at level 10, sadly you can't get lens flare or other also useful but higher level-tiered abilties.

Lesser Healing Scroll heals 25hp and right now, the next step up is insanely inflated. How much np are you planning on spending on equipment? That scroll MAY work for you in a pinch though.

The hammers, how are they working for you? I am gonna recommend a Scroll of Knowledge because it has 11 icons. I understand it's pretty popular and a decent weapon. You could replace 1 or both of your hammers. Depends on if you find the dual duty of the Gilded War Hammer to be useful to you.

Snowglobe staff is good, unless you can go for the roughly 700k Randomly Firing Freeze Ray.

Parasol, Perfect for having low defense! All that light blocking and the extras. ;)

You can probably get rid of either the Ridiculously heavy battle hammer, or the Rainbow Scroll, whichever's icons you like least. And get yourself a Downsize! for about 10k. Downsize! works defensively, it will protect you from 50% damage Once Per Battle.

The 15 icon Muffins are a good idea too.

I hope this helps. At least gives you some food for thought. If you've got an idea how much NP you've got to budget, maybe I can think up some other alternatives.

Sorry for not getting to this sooner. I've been battling, blowing off some steam after a very long day and on top of that spending a couple of hours researching and repricing some things in this guide.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

As you can see, most of the equipment here has increased, as indicated by the green arrows. Items with no arrows either didn't change or I couldn't find any pricing info for them.

Now that I've battled a bit and feel my mind a bit refreshed,lol I thought I should checking the forum before bed to see if there was anything new before I go to bed. (it's after 5am for me here)

Yumi! Good luck in your next attempt! I hope you win! I had my Altador Cup Throwing Star vanish on me while battling tonight. Stupid glitch. It was back with the next battle though.

rockyroad1 Good luck tomorrow... er.. later today! ^_^;

Lastly, my tally so far. I've spent a good bit of time fighting, not quite where I want to be count-wise, but not too bad for very-tired battling.

Shady Prowler 220
Cunning Mastermind 276
Unyielding Sentinel 271
Genius Inventor 271
Unchained Monster 270

About 700 battles to go if I want to keep my per-wave average. I hope I can do this.

G'night all! And good luck!

BEE, I got that message about the prizes, well, and taking a bit of attention to the number of battles as Aquamentis told us before, sometimes when I get the message of no prizes the battle didn't count at my total. Some days later I had a glitch that gave me 2 extra prizes *there were hours I got them all*, but the battles didn't count as well. :sad02:

Probably, if you had enough battles before, and get a message of no prizes and that didn't increase the total battles numbers, you probably will not realize that numbers are missing, depending on how you play. I always play once each opponent, following the list, up/down. So they MUST be the same amount of battles, each mode, no matter what. If there's some number missing I can notice it as soon as I go to the obelisk page. And I always count the wins. If I had a draw or a loss, I'll battle again to have the same number, it's how I found easier to don't get all confuse with the numbers *as always, Eri-totally-number-fail*... LOL

Aquamentis you're my hero... :P I didn't even reach my initial goal of 100 battles each opponent per wave, what will be 500? But now I'm close to that, I'm missing like 6 or 7 battles, then hopefully I can get it today... :laughingsmiley:

*sprinkles special stardust to all of you and pats you all in the back for a job well done*

Can't participate anymore, so here's a small reminder that you guys are awesome.

Win it for the faction, yes? ^__^

*absconds to fight the level 1 and 2 opponents*

:dance: *helps Moriru with the stardust throwing*

I'll try to battle a bit more of the 3rd wave, after reaching my goal of 100 each the previous waves...

Have no idea on how the other factions are going on, I don't like to spy people around... LOL. But I think we are doing a good job. Winning of missing, we had a bit of fun and well... knew each other here? :laughingsmiley:

Still rocking it!
I have gold doing your part bar filled for all 4 waves on insane Difficulty with only three total losses 2 on wave 4 :(
Still training but here is my set up
Level: 75
Health: 150 / 150
Strength: LEGENDARY (128)
Defence: LEGENDARY (120)
Move: GREAT (28)
Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (534)

And My weapon Set is as follows
1. RUBIX nox Shield
2.hanso charisma. charm

3. Downsize!
4. Magical Marbles of mystery

5.Ghostker Bomb

6. Sword Of Reif

7. Kelberts TRident

8. Greater healing Scroll.

**ADD**
ABILITIES
1. Static
2. Meditate
3. Cranky
4. Lense Flare ( BEST! )

Nice weapon set Holleran1! Good luck on the next round of enemies!

Does anyone have any tips for my current weapon set? I'm not sure how much I'm willing to spend (especially since I don't know if I will be able to beat the next round with the upgrade), but I would love to hear all of your opinions.

Stats:

Lvl: 80

Str: 128

Def: 115

HP: 158

Weapon Set:

- Scroll of Knowledge

- Blue Scorchstone

- Downsize!

- Shiny Shoal Shell Shield

- Leaf Shield

- Dr. Sloth's Personal Bath Buddy

Faerie Abilities: Static Cling, An Icicle, Lens Flare

Still rocking it!

I have gold doing your part bar filled for all 4 waves on insane Difficulty with only three total losses 2 on wave 4 :(

Still training but here is my set up

Level: 75

Health: 150 / 150

Strength: LEGENDARY (128)

Defence: LEGENDARY (120)

Move: GREAT (28)

Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (534)

And My weapon Set is as follows

1. RUBIX nox Shield

2.hanso charisma. charm

3. Downsize!

4. Magical Marbles of mystery

5.Ghostker Bomb

6. Sword Of Reif

7. Kelberts TRident

8. Greater healing Scroll.

**ADD**

ABILITIES

1. Static

2. Meditate

3. Cranky

4. Lense Flare ( BEST! )

Holleran1, WOW! AWESOME SET!

Nice weapon set Holleran1! Good luck on the next round of enemies!

Does anyone have any tips for my current weapon set? I'm not sure how much I'm willing to spend (especially since I don't know if I will be able to beat the next round with the upgrade), but I would love to hear all of your opinions.

Stats:

Lvl: 80

Str: 128

Def: 115

HP: 158

Weapon Set:

- Scroll of Knowledge

- Blue Scorchstone

- Downsize!

- Shiny Shoal Shell Shield

- Leaf Shield

- Dr. Sloth's Personal Bath Buddy

Faerie Abilities: Static Cling, An Icicle, Lens Flare

Silent_bard, what do you use in your 2 open slots? For what you have, your set looks good! But I count 6 weapons, and you can have 8 maximum. Depending on the enemies we get in Wave 5, you might want something that can reflect elements. I recommend the 50% reflectors if they use a reasonable amount of a certain element. If you can afford it, you might want to look into a freezer (such as a randomly firing freeze ray) or a Hanso Charisma Charm (dual duty 10 attack blocks ALL dark). Or single use bombs like some of the 15-icon muffins.

You've got some options.

Yumi, your pet looks good! :D

Here's my tally. I'm taking a break, I MIGHT fight some more, or I might just game, I've lost a bunch of NP not gaming the last few days trying to keep my wins-per-wave average high.

Shady Prowler 400

Cunning Mastermind 400

Unyielding Sentinel 400

Genius Inventor 408

Unchained Monster 400

I had JUST finished the last battle and exited, going to the BD's main page, and got stuck with a faction challenge by the Genius Inventor, not very smart of her. winking.gif That's why her count is 408.

5th wave starts tonight! Good luck everyone! I'm betting the 5th wave will be the one that I won't be able to do much against. I've been fighting only on the Mighty difficulty. I'll probably have to choose a different difficulty setting. lol

Best of luck all of you guys! Let's hope for the best and see if we can win this war! We've got as much chance as anyone of winning this war! :D

Hey guys! The 5th wave is here! Some of the other staffers and I just got done compiling the profiles. It's the faction leaders! Check out the profiles for the 5th wave on the Battlepedia and good luck! I will not get many wins on these guys on Mighty, becasue they've got SOME really good equipment. Barely survived some of the battles since you draw them out to learn as much as possible about the new opponent. LOL here's the BP link to the Obelisk War challengers

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/index/14/

Good luck to everyone! See you all tomorrow! :D (Personally, I think there'll be a surprise after the 5th wave is complete, I am guessing a final monster) That would be pretty cool. ;) Later!

Goodness, the fifth wave are the faction leaders. Didn't see that one coming, because when do the "brains" ever fight? Mostly they leave the dirty work to their minions.

Anyhow, good luck to those who're still up to challenge. :rambo:

I wonder what will be coming next.

All I have to say about the 5th wave is: YAY! :D

Once our amazing mascot/muse (:P) mentioned the idea of the final wave being the faction leaders, I was dying to see that happen.

I'm very excited about this wave, especially since I'll be able to join in. I wasn't expecting to really be able to participate due to the fact that with all past waves, the next wave's easy, was higher difficulty than mighty of the previous wave. I couldn't handle mighty on the 4th wave, so I wasn't expecting easy to be lower than medium of the 4th wave.

So, um, go us! :D

Has anyone noticed that the new wave can use abilities that are once per battle multiple times...
Just got rocked by the leader of brute. here is how my match played out.
Round one
I used Lense Flare
he used Snowangler breath
No items were used
Round two
I used Cranky
He used Snowanglers Breath again
i get no weapons, He did 83 damage
Round three
I used Meditate
He used throw pillows
I get no weapons he did 75 damage
Round Four
I used static
He used nothing
I healed and defended
He Did 47 damage
I LOSE!
lol dont know if that was a glitch or what but he got around 125 damage on me before i could even use a weapon... LAME

Yes :( Unfortunately, TNT has stated that the 1-P challengers go off of different rules than us, so they can use weapons and abilities without the restrictions that are placed on players.

That's why I'm having trouble with Kanrik consistently. He keeps using freezing abilities.

All I have to say about the 5th wave is: YAY! :D

Once our amazing mascot/muse ( :P) mentioned the idea of the final wave being the faction leaders, I was dying to see that happen.

I'm very excited about this wave, especially since I'll be able to join in. I wasn't expecting to really be able to participate due to the fact that with all past waves, the next wave's easy, was higher difficulty than mighty of the previous wave. I couldn't handle mighty on the 4th wave, so I wasn't expecting easy to be lower than medium of the 4th wave.

So, um, go us! :D

LOL Yes I did. And I still think there will be a surprise after this wave. Possibly being a final monster from the Obelisk. I may be wrong, but when you think about the SUPER-high powered pets out there, such as those with the maximum boosts, even the faction leaders would be easy for most of them to take down. At least in the "old days" TNT has come up with some interesting final boss battles that were a bit of a surprise. ;) And could give even some of the strongest pets some difficulty. Of course, back then I don't think Neopets was owned by MTV yet, so they may not have something extra special in store. But I'd guess that there probably would be. Otherwise, after the 5th wave, what next? What will the obelisk do to (or for) whomever wins the war?

Anyway, yes Spritzie, Go US! :D This group has a lot of heart. With that, luck and a fair bit of battling, we can win this! :D

I've got some stuff to do so I won't be battling until a bit later. Working on about 4-5 hours of sleep here. ZZzzzzZZZZzzzzz Huh? oh yeah right, finish the post.... LOL For the Order of the Red Erisim! :D

Good luck everyone! Happy battling! :D

ZzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzz ;)

I haven't been able to participate for the last few waves... But I'm still excited to see what comes next. What with all the warnings from TNT about the obelisk... I think something exciting is bound to happen when it's opened. :D