Official Order of the Red Erisim Discussion Thread

Anime

Glad I could help, now let's see...

Yeah, i didn't read the article so I don't know if Scarab Ring was in there or not, but it would make sense to consider it. Being a usually reasonably priced dual-duty.

Sure! Start at the academy for the price. RIght now Dubloons are cheaper to get. As for speed/movement, only train that if you want to use the Heavy Robe of Thievery. That requires movement of 200+ to use it's stealing ability. And then, only once per battle. Most people do leave speed/movement off their training lists and opt for sticky hands if they even want to try to steal.

Even if you fight wave two at average or strong, I bet it'll still help! And even if it turns out that it doesn't, thanks for your help with Wave 1. Train and learn how to make your pet stronger, for the next war. That's the best thing imho you cna do.

I remember the first war on Neo I took part in, I was pretty weak and didn't know hardly anything about the BD. Somehow I manged to do ok for my stats, but I was blowing points on codestones, when I could've been using the academy on Krawk Island. lol Yes, I didn't even know the Krawk Island Academy existed at that time. lol I was very much a newbie myself. Of course, back then, The 6 icon Lost Desert Dagger was all the rage, and over 30k. lol Now it's not even worth mentioning execpt in anecdotes like this one. lol

Good luck with your training, I hope you'll be ableto achieve your goals! :D

I got two faction challenges today. And I decided to give up on trying to keep my numbers even. Some of them are stronger, and I had to go down to the medium level. I filled up the Do Your Part, though.

*nods* Good work though all the same Wildbreeze. Some of them are stronger in equipment and iconage. That can really make the difference in some battles. Good luck with the rest of your battles. I bet that only the strongest pets will be able to go all the way, I know I'll have to start staggering my victories too. Actually, they're already pretty staggered for wave 2. lol Between Lag, my guild asking me battling questions, RL stuff and checking back here, I haven't gotten as much battling as I was hoping for.

Current tally

Roadside Bandit 8
Charming Subversive 2
Back Alley Bruiser 13
Smug Philosopher 15
Zombie Hooligan 71

lol MUCH lower than wave 1 after the first day. Wish I weren't so blasted tired today. v_v I'm NOT done battling yet. but I doubt I'll make 100 wins against each today... HEAVILY doubt it. lol

Still haven't got a faction challenge yet, so one achievement still locked up.

I might just go to bed a bit earlier tonight and then tackle the battling tomorrow.

EDIT: Ok, time for bed, I'm almost sleeping at my computer! LOL

Final tally for the day, better than I thought I'd get done.

Roadside Bandit 100
Charming Subversive 46
Back Alley Bruiser 108
Smug Philosopher 100
Zombie Hooligan 100

Keep fighting my fellow magicians, We can still win this! ^_^ G'night and good fighting!

Wohoo! I switched my lvl one ability to static cling and now I seem to be doing better ^.^ This is what IO get for reading the guide After I randomly pick my abilities. Always read the guide!

Add: Muwa hahahaha! Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy! I am kicking butt so hard!

Also, first and possibly last time I spend 1 mil+ on a weapon XD

Edited by Yumi \(^.^)/

Moriru, you're welcome! Good luck filling your "do your part" bar! I'm sure that even average or strong battles can fill that.

erato_, that's a good question as to how TNT will score the war at it's end. I think overall participation is probably going to be a key part of that, just speculation though. If we knew how they'd score things, we'd probably all make changes to our battle plans to maximize our war results. lol Though that might be less fun than just cutting loose on the opponents. ;)
lol Yumi, yeah of the first tier/free abilities, Static Cling is the best from the presented data.
Congrats on Dr. Sloth's Personal Bath Buddy! One of those would upgrade one of my weapons, but that much for an extra icon, not quite what I have in mind, saving for something bigger. lol but that weapon IS a pretty great looking one at the price. Good luck with your battles! :D
I've got some IRL stuff to take care of today, not looking forward to it, so I won't probably get to battle until a bit later tonight. Keep up the great work guys and gals! :D
Happy battling. :)

Ooh! That's really cool Yumi!! I can barely spend 100k for any weapon, but I'm pretty OK with my set right now. Haha. Goodluck!!

I did hope that they had a progress bar available to see which faction is leading like in Pottermore.

I bet that would really increase member participation seeing the faction losing (or winning).

Although I'm not really sure if that happens in Neopets since this is the first time I participated in a plot.

Aquamentis, I think it's about time you get your own fan base. Thus, you're going to have to pick a neopets character you really like/ find you are like. So I can make awesome siggies and avvies XD

So far, I've been doing good! :yes: Zyla439 is very well equipped for the war. I plan to get a Hanso Charisma Charm as an upgrade to her Golden Compass. She's won every battle I've put her in- she can even beat Back Alley Bruiser on Mighty! He did bring her down to 4 HP at the end of a battle, close shave there. :rolleyes_anim:

I'm actually pretty proud of how far she's come in the last 2 months. :D At the start of January her stats were 58 HP, 55 strength, 40-something defence, level 25-28 (can't remember) and her set was Golden Compass, Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer, Purple Sticky Hand, Ubikiberry Elixir, Parasol of Unfortunate Demise, Water Muffin, Parchment Cloak and... (I think) Scarab Ring. Now her stats are 72 HP, 58 strength, 55 defence, level 36 and her set is Scroll of Knowledge, Golden Compass, Lesser Healing Scroll, Water Muffin, Downsize!, Parchment Cloak and Snowglobe Staff.

I've been refreshing at this page to get faction challenges, and some of the stuff that the Bori leader says makes me laugh. Example:

"What do you mean, fireballs aren't the answer to everything? Of course they are. You just have to ask the right questions."

Moriru, in my experience, TNT has always been a bit weird with their sense of humor, even in wars. This is the first war of just straight battling, that I've seen in a long time. (Though I did miss a couple plots while taking breaks from the site over the years. lol) Anyway, I'm just saying, Nobody but TNT knows just how things are going to be counted. If losses are being counted as addition to the "do your part" bar, then maybe it's one of those "participation" things, where you get something just for participating? I really don't know. Just speculating. lol

Yumi, well, I happen to be a big peophin fan. lol I don't know about having my own fanbase though. LOL I'm still pretty new here at TDN and I'm just trying to do my best and have fun in a neat plot while trying to encourage and help my teammates to do the same. ;) But if you're interested in a little history... My pet is usually a Christmas Peophin, but I got a Fountain Fairy Quest and thought I'd change him up. I'll change him back to Christmas eventually, a friend who no longer plays gave me a Christmas Paintbrush a long time ago. So I'm all ready, I'm just trying out a different color, first color change he's had since Boochi blasted him a few years back and I had to change him back, back then. LOL He started off as a green peophin. I am half irish, so I thought Green would be appropriate. LOL My goal is to someday create an animated BG for my lookup and code it accordingly. Though my HTML skills are pretty outdated and rusty. LOL SOMEDAY but not soon, probably. LOL I have a REALLY old Peophin Day animation I did years ago, pretty stiff and not too great, so I wouldn't use that for the Lookup BG, but, I might enter it for the next peophin day though, if I don't forget again. LOL Besides, I've still got a LOT to learn about art and animation. ;) Of course in life, there's always something more to learn. XD

Duskitty, awesome plan! Sounds like you're doing really well in this war! :D And yeah, I like reading the different things our faction leader says also. Some of them are pretty funny stuff! :D

Dragons, There are still abilities to test and some that don't seem to be working properly right now. So I'll give you 2 links. This first one is TDN's faerie ability guide. It's pretty good.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/new-faerie-abilities

There is also a petpage on neopets, with a really good explaination and even a star-rating system for some of that user's favorite abilities.

http://www.neopets.com/~_mariokart_

I use both of them. :)

Good luck with your ability blessings!

I changed some weapons, and now it's about Slime Mega Blaster, that Heavy Hammer *long name that I never remember*, and Throwing Cutlass. I kept the Snoweager Sword and Scarab Ring, but barely use them. Thing is that my pet has a ridiculous defense (10), and I can't increase it until leveling up a lot... LOL. That's what happens when you zap it constantly with the Lab Ray...

Then I decided to hit first. Trying to defend is quite useless with the weapons I have, that Parasol *can't remember again*, the Lair Beast shield, and Nuria's shield. I don't want to spend buying weapons to don't use them after the war... :P

And about how TNT will make to determine who will win, I have no idea, but based on the last events, probably how many people joined parts, and then how much those people played will be considered. Something like... if you have 10 people that battle once each, and then the other faction have 2 people that fight 5 times each, it will be a tie in battle numbers, but due to participation, they will give the victory to the 2 people. Just a guess... :S I'm the worst dealing with numbers... LOL

I changed some weapons, and now it's about Slime Mega Blaster, that Heavy Hammer *long name that I never remember*, and Throwing Cutlass. I kept the Snoweager Sword and Scarab Ring, but barely use them. Thing is that my pet has a ridiculous defense (10), and I can't increase it until leveling up a lot... LOL. That's what happens when you zap it constantly with the Lab Ray...

Then I decided to hit first. Trying to defend is quite useless with the weapons I have, that Parasol *can't remember again*, the Lair Beast shield, and Nuria's shield. I don't want to spend buying weapons to don't use them after the war... :P

And about how TNT will make to determine who will win, I have no idea, but based on the last events, probably how many people joined parts, and then how much those people played will be considered. Something like... if you have 10 people that battle once each, and then the other faction have 2 people that fight 5 times each, it will be a tie in battle numbers, but due to participation, they will give the victory to the 2 people. Just a guess... :S I'm the worst dealing with numbers... LOL

lol Yeah, I've heard that about the Lab Ray, it's why I've never zapped my pet, no real desire to do it either. HP and Strength may go up, but the loss of defense and level would indeed be annoying.

As for your set, the nice thing about the parasol of unfortunate demise, is that it blocks ALL light, and some other icons. I was also rather impressed with the Lair Beast Tooth Shield. I read the review, and it IS an interesting shield, cheap, but takes a bit out of fire and air, two of the harder to block icons.

Your weapons are pretty decent too. 8-9 iconers. I'm a little surprised you didn't opt for Scroll of knowledge, as it's 11 icons. but for price you've probably got the set that you want, right? Defense is kinda tricky when you don't have a high boost, but getting things that either block all of an icon, or can reflect an icon is good. There are some good 50% reflectors out there, but most of them will break and need to be bought again after a few uses, or less. But for a pet with lower stats, they can help if you use them correctly, and if the opponent(s) have the right weapons where a lot will be reflected. It's a little tricky, but can payout if you know how and can guess when to use them.

Battling the regular non-war opponents can be fun too, some people really enjoy 2-player battling. but it DOES require some investment. More if you want to be a top battler. It's all in how you play the site. Do you plan on battling between wars? Or just battle for wars?

LOL... I don't battle at all...

I had just made some Defenders missions *like 2 each series*, and the Neggbreaker... only because I had that amulet... usually I just go there, play Habi and puzzles... my focus is my gallery, as I'm a compulsive buyer and a collector of collections... LOL

There's no plan to battle after the war, and if it's going to be "only" battledome, well... I'll battle as much as I can beat the opponent. If the next wave comes with more powerful ones, I'll try at least once each, if I can't beat them I'll just give up and battle the previous waves... :P

I can't remember buying any of the weapons I own... I usually don't spend on weapons, unless it's going to my gallery *like aisha, grundo, xweetok or kacheek items*. If I didn't get them for free somewhere, then I got it at the trading post, "packed" with other items.

When the war begun and I had to go and battle I started reading the battlepedia about the items I have at the SDB, so I could just equip what I found there... XD. I saw that the scroll of knowledge was a prize somewhere, but I couldn't find it here, so either, I didn't get it, or the someone stole it before I could store. They are always stealing things and I just don't pay attention to what they took... :sad02:

Hmmm I see.

Pardon me for saying, but then it's no wonder your pets are having trouble in the arena.

Battling is more than just putting some equipment onto your pet and sending them in. Even the best gear can be beaten after all.

Please let me explain a little of my philosophy, for me, I've always been a budget, under-leveled battler. For the Defenders of Neopia, or previous wars. I didn't do so well when I was first starting out, but I like the strategy and tactics needed in the battledome, that not knowing and trying to beat the unknown. LOL Even though we have a battlepedia with almost all the weapons in it that the opponents use. You still don't know when they will use them, nor whether or not your pet can overcome them. Rise above adversity and kick some rear. ;) But the only reason I'm doing as well as I am, is because I put a lot of time and a lot of NP into it. Oh sure, I've taken breaks from the site that lasted months. That's the only reason my pet isn't stronger, I will probably pay for that by not being able to finish all the waves. I say that because every war-plot I've been in, I haven't been able to go the distance. And yet I work so that I can someday have one of the best pets for battling around. Even if my weapons aren't as spectacular or expensive as other pets' equipment. ;) Heck,my only Hidden Tower item is the Ghostkerbomb. My other weapons are only 13 iconers. But I'm crafty with my defense. ;) And I can tailor it to make it hard on almost any 1-player opponent to beat me. Because I also invested time into studying possible defensive counter-measures.

But that's my battle-style. The only time I withdrew from battles in the old battledome, were if they were glitching or lagging out. Which is why my old BD battle record has so many losses. I battled and experimented, and even then, I studied and learned from my losses and adjusted my strategies to try again. Especially before I found fansite battlpedia with BETTER info than the official one on Neopets. ;)

If you want to participate and do well in future plots where battling IS involved, I would suggest you make 1 pet your battle pet and train him/her. I know collections can be fun, and frustrating. LOL I collect Peophin items myself. You also have to prioritize. If you don't plan on battling again, well I don't really know what to suggest. You could skip plots with battles, but you may miss out on some awesome prizes. Perhaps even a species prize that would fit one of your collections. I know a couple of neopets players who don't battle at all, and so they miss plots with battles in them. But that's their playing style, and they're fully entitled to it.

The trick to battle victory is like a tripod. Of course equipment is important, but the other two legs are the training of the pet and the knowledge of the player. Have all 3 in balance and anybody would be hard to beat. ;) From these, the battler gains experience, not points like in a game, but a different type of knowledge, that allows them attack, counter, and maybe even anticipate their opponent's movements, and adds to their overall knowledge.

You, the player, guide your pet through understanding of his equipment through the battle. (We have 1 player opponents listed in the Battlepedia with their equipment and what it does so you can understand your opponent's equipment too), your pet is of course, like your sword in battle, and your equipment is like your shield. It protects your pet and makes up for the weakness of a sword to defend. (Why else have a shield? Because a sword that is parrying cannot attack)

Man, I'm going awfully Zen here. LOL Sorry, tends to happen when I get sleepy. Same with getting long-winded. lol

Basically, whatever you do regarding battling is your business. If you want to stop battling now, that's fine. And I thank you for your help in our faction thus far. :)

I hope your gallery gets filled quickly and at reasonable prices to you. lol

I know I hate it when people inflate prices on collectables that are worthless other than that they can be collectable. ;)

Have a good night. :)

I understand what you say, as I'm an RPG player, storyteller mainly. The previous plots, and I have to say that I missed them ALL... LOL, I didn't have the time to play. I just made some things because they were no-battle things, and some of them had tutorials to guide me and help to finish quickly.

This is the first time I'm able to do something "full time" :laughingsmiley: . And to my "lucky" it's only battledome related... :( That's why I'm completely lost on what to do, and you're helping a lot! I can say it not only about me, but for all the people that comes here to check what's going on...

I thought about having a battle pet, but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. It's time consuming, as you need to invest lots of neopoints and time to understand how things works, and I don't know if I'll have the time and patience to do so... my life is pretty unpredictable and things can change from having all day to play to having no way to play, in no time, as overnight, like last week... :( *lightning storm and totally damaged modem for 4 days*.

Now equipment prices spacerocked and I really don't want to spend tons of neopoints getting weapons with those prices... people always overprice things in times like this, and that's how "capitalism" is all about at the end, even if it's just a game... LOL

For now I'm in need to understand how things work, and learn how to deal with the situation with what I have on hand... and after some tips I got here, I could go from a draw-almost-lost situation to winning all my battles until now... :laughingsmiley: 47 each opponent for the first wave and 33 the second. Not that much, but I started Friday night, had a busy weekend with my brother's birthday and my totally noob battledome experience... LOL. So I think I could do pretty well at the end, until now... :rolleyes_anim:

Have a good night, take a well deserved rest and let's keep battling until we can! TNT is unpredictable when it comes to what they will do next, and how they decide to calculate who's going to be the winner, then it's better to do all we can, until we can do something... LOL

LOL I like your attitude! :D i was a little worried I may have insulted you, and I really was not intending that at all. We all have different playing styles and all. I like RPGs too. And I play those the same as I've battled, underleveled, which means that when it comes to the major bosses, I sometimes have to grind like crazy to level enough to beat the boss. I played an old Nintendo game, Dragon Warrior, back in the day. I got every piece of the best equipment, by level 13. But I needed to be about level 22 to fight the final boss the previous times I played it. I don't know if you know that game, but I was greatly amused by the fact that not even the legendary sword could do more than maybe 5 damage per attack, with how weak my character was. LOL Just an anecdote. lol

Yeah, I have NEVER seen Leaf Shield, or Greater Healing Scrolls inflate SO insanely. Granted I did sell my small stock of Leaf Shields I'd had collecting dust in my SDB for years. but most of those were for about 30k. (i could almost KICK myself after seeing them rise to 90k+ LOL) Same with Greater Healing Scrolls. I had my old one and sold it for about 184k. And now it's exploded WAY beyond that. lol So strange.

I can't seem to GIVE away my Dual Battle Mirrors (50% light reflector) The market price on those seem to actually be going DOWN. LOL Ultra Dark Reflectorbs (50% dark reflector) are at about 1np now for some reason.

This market is the most insane and inflated I've ever seen, definitely. I'm glad I had my battle set set up for awhile before talk of war even started. lol

I'm glad that you were able to learn from your fellow battlers here, and made a nice amount of wins for yourself! And the Order too, of course. ;)

Battle pets do take time, effort and np, but it can be fun. Though if it's not your thing, as I said before, that's fine. And you can always try battling again if you want to. If or When that happnes, we here at TDN, both staffers and members, would be happy to give you more advice. ^_^

Thanks, I am about to go to bed. I wanted to update my numbers before then, and I saw your reply, obvisouly I wanted to respond to it. lol My wrist feels REALLY loose, like it got cartoon-style stretched, or WELL-cooked pasta! LOL So much typing and clicking today! but I reached my goal.

Roadside Bandit 200
Charming Subversive 200
Back Alley Bruiser 206
Smug Philosopher 200
Zombie Hooligan 200

Glad to hear you talk about continuing the fight. It's only over when we say it's over, Right?! :D

(See? I really do get long at the keyboard when I'm tired. LOL)

Have a good night Eri_K! ^_^

@Aquamentis; I'd just like to know if I'm helping by losing fights but filling up my bar or if I'm just condemning The Order to lose by doing so, haha.

@Moiru; I'd like that too, but I haven't seen anything like that so I don't think we're gonna know who won untill the plot is over.

My pets aren't able to defeat the second wave at whichever level, so what I do is fight the first wave to get the np and items. The codestones I sell and with the np I get from that, I stock up on healing potions. Then I get into battling the second wave at the highest level, and use the healing potions after every loss. That way I can get my bar filled up aswell. I mean, why train my pets if losing does the trick aswell :').

I dunno... I'm starting to think the bar represents that your first few scores are for your whole team win/lose/tie they all count, then everything else is personal score. Losing might be bad on us. But that's just my opinion, TNT could be basing this on a mix of wins 'and' participation, in which case losing wont hurt that much ^.^

Edit: Way behind in my fighting XD so if TNT is looking at our stats day by day, they're about to see a huge boost in mine

Edited by Yumi \(^.^)/

Good morning!

@erato_: I had the same thought about loosing the battles and still filling the bar. I'm thinking now that it's all for people go to the battledome and start playing. No matter if you loose or if you win, what matters is that you were at the battledome. :P Like trying to make people try and like playing battledome.

I'm starting to think that it will all be a big joke at the end... kind like the Neggbreaker event... I mean, all that story about a powerful artifact, and at the end it's just a portal to "nowhere", we released a "monster" that we could beaten even by the weakest pet with an amulet, and now it's just a daily puzzle, and we can open that thing and get goodies... LOL. Where's the "danger of world domination" of that thing now?

With so many factions battling to get the obelisk, without even knowing what that thing is, or what power it has, they *TNT* can do anything at the end. And one of those things is "there is no winner". Why on "earth/neopia", powerful people seems to don't give any attention to a battle like that? When the faeries were in danger, powerful people united to stand against the evil, and try saving the faeries, but, why there's no one there now? With such a commotion around that thing, it's REALLY strange that there's no "authority" around to do something.

One day we will go there and get a "Something happened" thing, saying it was all a dream, or we don't remember anything, because Fyora decided it's better that thing buried again... LOL.

But well, at least we had some fun... :laughingsmiley:

@Aquamentis12: I didn't play much video-games, I'm really bad having to deal with joysticks... LOL. The truth is that I'm really bad having to deal with buttons, that's why I only play games I have to deal with my mouse... the only game I really played was Final Fantasy VIII. I'm kind of a nerd/geek that play "traditional" RPG, with books, dices and character sheets around a table... :nerd:

@Yumi: Yeah! Let's keep fighting! I will try to end up at least 100 battles each opponent until tomorrow... :P

It's great to see everyone so excited and working so hard :D

I'm glad we have another day for the second wave. My last two days at work have been pretty busy, so I haven't gotten as much done as I'd have liked. (5 each on average, 10 each on strong, and currently 40 each on mighty) I'd like to get to at least 100 each on hard today. That's my goal. :D

Eri_K, lol, I really hope not. Though I am getting the feeling that this whole plot has the sole purpose bringing the new battledome into the spotlight. I really hope there's a spectacular ending to it though. Because it takes a whole lot of time (':

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Haha! So Trecci got zapped into a chomby today and I think the chomby angery face is hilarious! 1.pngIt's like she's trying to be scary but failing badly! It's distracting me from battling XD

LOL That Chomby "angry" face is more like "ok mom, I'll eat my veggies" than "dare to say that again".

I need to change my Kyrii clothes, as he was zapped from Halloween to Yellow last week, but I'm just too lazy when it comes to customizing... and looking at him now, he is just looking like a thief, can I think he is infiltrated? :whistle: