what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

Here are some of my frustrations.

Random Avatars, I keep missing the Brightvale one by mere clicks. (Or the screen goes white and doesn't let me see when I win avatars. Like Snowy's and Buried Treasure Hunt's)

Restocking, Seems like the only way to have ANY luck is to hope the bots are on an oil break. >(

Probably the biggest annoyance comes when TNT jacks up the points needed for 1000np on certain games.

Next to that, another games annoyance, I play Neopia Central WC's sometimes, I check daily to see what games are in the rotation, and I see mostly the same games in there almost every day. Meerca Chase 2 being the one that never seems to ever go away. The game is not as squarely aligned as say, Extreme Faerie Cloud Racers, which does set it apart from some games, makes it a bit more tricky especially in Classic mode. Certainly changes it from the ancient game of Snake Bite it was probably based on. (I have that program for my late-dad's ancient Laser 128 computer) Heh, the only game on that old system he could beat me at. ;) Frankly, I never liked either of the Meerca Chase games though. If TNT would make ALL W.C. games random, it would make things MUCH more interesting imho. ;)

How expensive some things are! Like in the hidden tower, but I understand not everything can be easy to get, I'm just complaining

On the contrary, the Hidden Tower is amazing because it holds prices down. Until they retire, those items will never be worth more than their HT price.

On the other hand, retired or consumable rarities like the stamps... You would be better off not knowing they exist. (280 million? For ONE?)

Trying to get the Bon Appetit avatar, I made my pets bloated and went to Kelp and spent 7k and my pet didn't take it to go, it just ate it like some queen. oh my goodness, so irritated I spent 7k and got no gain

On the contrary, the Hidden Tower is amazing because it holds prices down. Until they retire, those items will never be worth more than their HT price.
On the other hand, retired or consumable rarities like the stamps... You would be better off not knowing they exist. (280 million? For ONE?)

I didn't know that, that's good to know. And 280million, I'd like to see someone just spend that on one item without blinking an eye

To get the Ace Zafara avatar you need to score 700+ in Advert Attack. I ended the game with 699!!! No joke, 1 point away. oh the stress

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Trying to get the Bon Appetit avatar, I made my pets bloated and went to Kelp and spent 7k and my pet didn't take it to go, it just ate it like some queen. oh my goodness, so irritated I spent 7k and got no gain

I didn't know that, that's good to know. And 280million, I'd like to see someone just spend that on one item without blinking an eye

To get the Ace Zafara avatar you need to score 700+ in Advert Attack. I ended the game with 699!!! No joke, 1 point away. oh the stress

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

You may have a long ways to go with the Kelp avatar. I've spent several million NP trying to get it, and I haven't been lucky yet. There is a guide (here: http://www.neopets.com/~kelplek) that a lot of people recommend. It hasn't helped me, but it may work for you!

There's way too many things, I'm afraid. :sick01:

For me the biggest would be:

• It's harder to make money nowadays it seems. I know that some users manage to make millions even now but not everyone can spend hours on the site. They target demo are kids and many users are now adults, not everyone is a bored teenager (no offense to bored teenagers) who wants to spend entire afternoons scouring shops and playing games.
  • Random events like that penguin that turns your neopets into babies.
  • Their support line is messed up.
  • Some games are seriously outdated (terrible graphics and playability) with a low payout to boot, others like key quest are way too laggy for a browser game.

There's way too many things, I'm afraid. :sick01:

For me the biggest would be:

• It's harder to make money nowadays it seems. I know that some users manage to make millions even now but not everyone can spend hours on the site. They target demo are kids and many users are now adults, not everyone is a bored teenager (no offense to bored teenagers) who wants to spend entire afternoons scouring shops and playing games.
  • Random events like that penguin that turns your neopets into babies.
  • Their support line is messed up.
  • Some games are seriously outdated (terrible graphics and playability) with a low payout to boot, others like key quest are way too laggy for a browser game.

I would argue that it's actually easier to make NP for busy people now than it used to be. I leave Habitarium running while I'm at work and asleep, and I can easily make 100k a day off that, without doing a thing. When I was younger, I would be happy to make 10k a day, and that was when I was a bored pre-teen, able to spend all of my free time on the site.

I would argue that it's actually easier to make NP for busy people now than it used to be. I leave Habitarium running while I'm at work and asleep, and I can easily make 100k a day off that, without doing a thing. When I was younger, I would be happy to make 10k a day, and that was when I was a bored pre-teen, able to spend all of my free time on the site.

Yeah but not everyone can or wants to leave their computer switched on all day/night. I especially can't see this working for their target demo of younger kids. I think that as a whole, they should make it easier and more fun to get NP like getting rid of NP caps in games.

But 100k a day? That's pretty impressive lol tell me your secrets!

Yeah but not everyone can or wants to leave their computer switched on all day/night. I especially can't see this working for their target demo of younger kids. I think that as a whole, they should make it easier and more fun to get NP like getting rid of NP caps in games.

But 100k a day? That's pretty impressive lol tell me your secrets!

Haha, like I said, that's just by leaving Habi on. I check on it twice a day. Occasionally it glitches, and I don't get any gems, but generally, I'm just rolling in the NP without doing a thing.

The only problem with making it even easier to make NP is that inflation happens at an increased rate. TNT is fighting that by keeping the caps, and introducing new NP sinks (the Wheel of Extravagance, Lever of Doom, the Hidden Tower book avatars), but getting rid of game caps and other things would actually make it harder to get the NP to buy things.

For me right now, it's the shortage of Faerie quest cookies - when was the last time they stocked? I can understand taking a break from restocking those though to balance out other cookies..which is prolly why only 3 kinds sell at one time. I need my Faerie Questing back...I miss it. D: Hurrry....it's too expensive to train. But I've got codestones from battle! (That Minor Warlock, while being far too easy, gives me the prizes I need and I only knock him out once. But now I'm getting off topic. :P)

Also weird things like when my battle pet suddenly lost all her HP at once when I was just browsing (she was my active at the time, too). From what I know, there is no RE that can do that which makes this even more strange. O.o

For me right now, it's the shortage of Faerie quest cookies - when was the last time they stocked? I can understand taking a break from restocking those though to balance out other cookies..which is prolly why only 3 kinds sell at one time. I need my Faerie Questing back...I miss it. D: Hurrry....it's too expensive to train. But I've got codestones from battle! (That Minor Warlock, while being far too easy, gives me the prizes I need and I only knock him out once. But now I'm getting off topic. :P)

Also weird things like when my battle pet suddenly lost all her HP at once when I was just browsing (she was my active at the time, too). From what I know, there is no RE that can do that which makes this even more strange. O.o

I saw some people on tumblr talking about getting some the other day- they're still stocking on a regular basis, don't worry!

Haha, like I said, that's just by leaving Habi on. I check on it twice a day. Occasionally it glitches, and I don't get any gems, but generally, I'm just rolling in the NP without doing a thing.

The only problem with making it even easier to make NP is that inflation happens at an increased rate. TNT is fighting that by keeping the caps, and introducing new NP sinks (the Wheel of Extravagance, Lever of Doom, the Hidden Tower book avatars), but getting rid of game caps and other things would actually make it harder to get the NP to buy things.

Thanks. So you just didn't do anything to set up habitarium? You just switch it on and leave it on?

Thanks. So you just didn't do anything to set up habitarium? You just switch it on and leave it on?

You have to level it up to level 50 first. You still get NP for leveling, but not as much as you do when you get to level 50. And yeah, you just pull your workers out and leave them to it! If you haven't started playing it yet, I definitely recommend it. Here's TDN's guide (http://www.thedailyneopets.com/neopets-games/p3h-main/) since it can seem a little overwhelming when you start. :)

You have to level it up to level 50 first. You still get NP for leveling, but not as much as you do when you get to level 50. And yeah, you just pull your workers out and leave them to it! If you haven't started playing it yet, I definitely recommend it. Here's TDN's guide (http://www.thedailyneopets.com/neopets-games/p3h-main/) since it can seem a little overwhelming when you start. :)

Thanks! That's really helpful. I tried to play it but I've been endlessly confused by it. I'll give a try - I doubt I'll make as much as people who can leave their computers on all night and day but it's better than nothing.

• 1 month later...

Im a bit frustrated by the feeling that TNT arent really into the site anymore and so some things dont get fixed or sorted out.

Its frustrating that I sometimes feel that the communication isnt there from TNT, we dont know if there is any progress happening with certain things,,, like will there ever be any further levels for habitarium or have they decided that is it now? ..will I ever be able to improve my tatty little trophy from defenders of neopia or have they got too much other stuff going on to sort it out ? For all we know there could be someone working on it right now or they could have decided not to fix it at all

I love the site I really do but at times the feeling that its all about NC these days worries me a bit...maybe they are understaffed though who knows ??? thing is they dont tell us so we dont know ?! Just my feelings of course

For me right now, it's the shortage of Faerie quest cookies - when was the last time they stocked? I can understand taking a break from restocking those though to balance out other cookies..which is prolly why only 3 kinds sell at one time. I need my Faerie Questing back...I miss it.

Hmmm, so here's a trick to manage to get them! (I don't know if it's a glitch or if it's on purpose, but it always works for me). First, don't go to Noda's Fortune Cookies page. Go to the NC Mall and type "cookie" on the search bar. You'll see all the cookies that exist, not only the ones that are avaiable at the moment. You'll notice that, most of the time, more than 3 cookies are avaiable! But for some reason they don't show up in Noda's page! And you can totally buy them!

Second, even if the cookie you want is out of stock, add it to your cart. Just add it. Keep clicking the "add to cart" button no matter how many times the message "sorry, there's no one left out!" appears. Then wait a few days. When you return, you'll see that your cart is FULL of them!

I think what happens is, when the cookie gets avaiable again, all those "add to cart" clicks you made kinda count. So they are sent directly to your cart, safe and sound!

Since I found that out, it's the ONLY way I manage to buy Faerie Quest Cookies, because they are just NEVER avaiable on Noda's page. ;)

Currently I'm just really frustrated with Defenders of Neopia still not working with the new battledome. I'm starting to get impatient!

Same here... New Battledome is nice, but fix those things first... xD Or not this late at least.

The fact that I seem to be one of the only people who plays games. At least here on TDN....I don't know any other gamers. The only reason anyone seems to even touch a game is if there is an avatar involved, and once they have it they won't go near it again until Daily Dare or the GMC. Having the scores cleared every month doesn't help either, only reminding me I am alone in the Games Room. But seriously, it's a good way to make NP, and everyone goes on and on about how horrible they are at games yet they excel at video games all the time! How are flash games different?

I feel like this is getting a little off topic even though it's Neopets related. :P

The fact that I seem to be one of the only people who plays games. At least here on TDN....I don't know any other gamers. The only reason anyone seems to even touch a game is if there is an avatar involved, and once they have it they won't go near it again until Daily Dare or the GMC. Having the scores cleared every month doesn't help either, only reminding me I am alone in the Games Room. But seriously, it's a good way to make NP, and everyone goes on and on about how horrible they are at games yet they excel at video games all the time! How are flash games different?

I feel like this is getting a little off topic even though it's Neopets related. :P

I can assure you, you are not alone.

Kass Basher, Warf Rescue Team, Shenkuu Tangram, and Kookia are my daily games, simply because it doesn't take me too long to get 3K from them. I'll occasionally throw Bumble Beams in there when there's a low score to NP ratio. I find that these are the easiest and quickest way to rack up the maximum number of NP.

I'm still irritated that I haven't managed to get a trophy for Kass Basher, though. It annoys me that it's the only daily game I don't have a trophy for. Never mind gold, I'd be happy with a bronze.

I used to be, but I just decided it wasn't the most time efficient for me in trying to make NP. They are a few that take seconds so I play as part of my dailies, but otherwise it just takes too long to reach the 1000 NP and the games don't always load properly on my laptop so it's just not worth it for me. It's also impossible to multitask while playing a flash game. I'm stuck there so I don't lose a life or the game, when I usually like to flip between windows of neoboards, shop wiz, auction house, pyramids, etc.

I like to game if I can make a bit money out of it, and I like trophies VERYYY much but I'm not that good. Unfortunately.